South Pittsburg High School Basketball

OLD PIRATE

We are sooo fast up and down the court, it plays as a disadvantage against a team that slows the control down. Teams like Temple and Grace in the past have controlled the clock, running plays with 3 or more passes, then making high percentage shots. What happens is SP runs and guns, but only makes 30% of their shots. 30 out of 100 doesn't beat 31 out of 60. The few games I have attended over the years, I could count the number of times an offense was ran, all on one hand. Other than just not having true basketball players, I believe there might be an answer, but wish to keep quiet.

Yeah, basketball is way down on the totem pole in South Pittsburg. Football's on top (way on top), then boy's basketball is about a foot from the bottom, with everything else (girl's bball, jr. high bball, baseball, softball, volleyball, and track) under that. I love bball and I just wish we had more people interested in it....including coaches, players, cheerleaders, and fans. The attendance of all the bball games this year doesn't equal one football game attendance. That's a shame. It's hard to ask the players to give 100% when the town only gives 10%. There were no cheerleaders and maybe 20 fans supporting South Pittsburg at the 6A tourny this weekend. And no cheerleaders at the Jr. High's TNT state semifinal Friday, and the only fans were immediate family. All the other teams had cheerleaders and stands of fans. This was the equivalent of a state championship for those boys and there was an entourage of maybe 30 people. Pitiful.

Anyway, has anyone heard who won the TNT tournament? Oh, and the District 6A boys' game will be Tues.

Yeah, basketball is way down on the totem pole in South Pittsburg. Football's on top (way on top), then boy's basketball is about a foot from the bottom, with everything else (girl's bball, jr. high bball, baseball, softball, volleyball, and track) under that. I love bball and I just wish we had more people interested in it....including coaches, players, cheerleaders, and fans. The attendance of all the bball games this year doesn't equal one football game attendance. That's a shame. It's hard to ask the players to give 100% when the town only gives 10%. There were no cheerleaders and maybe 20 fans supporting South Pittsburg at the 6A tourny this weekend. And no cheerleaders at the Jr. High's TNT state semifinal Friday, and the only fans were immediate family. All the other teams had cheerleaders and stands of fans. This was the equivalent of a state championship for those boys and there was an entourage of maybe 30 people. Pitiful.

Anyway, has anyone heard who won the TNT tournament? Oh, and the District 6A boys' game will be Tues.

South Pitt will also be playing either CSAS or Grace next Saturday in the Region Quarter Final.

Old Pirate says sounds about normal. Fact is when the administration, coaches and players start put the effort and disicpline to have success the fans won't give much support. Great grand pappy always said poop runs down hill. :popcorneater: