D1 vs D2

slapPick

You d-1people are living in a fantasy world. Some of the picks are laughable. There is a big difference in the quality of opponents in some of these schools. What's worse is some of your pics were beaten by their d-11 counterparts. I can assure you Baker, Duncan, Doster, Holloway all win. Check out their results when they wrestled. The Holloway kid got better and better through the year. I think the new Baylor Heavy would win as well. The Bradley guys have wrestled 0 competition other than Soddy and Cleveland. I think Manley beats Lewis. Ask some people in the know because I'm positive they have practiced together. when I get home I'll do a little research but I say d-2 wins this dual easily.

Just because I'm bored in Afghanistan,,, I will get a little off topic just because we keep touching on something,,,yet this is not directed at you, sweeptheleg,,,its a little thing I've been seeing most of the year and I want to comment on it.

When I think of Zack Watson (D2) injuried and losing,,,and/or Campbell Lewis (D1) ill/injuried and losing,,,I can't help but think about William Munny with Pneumonia losing to Little Bill that one time in the bar(D1 & D2 still together then). Of course watching that movie we all said,,,this just isn't right,,,Munny is so sick he can't defend himself properly,,,yet we all know what a healthy William Munny can do,,and how that story ended (great movie by the way). My point is,,,Johnson doesn't beat a healthy Lewis, period,,,so its pointless to keep using it as useful data. That being said,,,healthy Lewis #1 vs Manley #1 ,,,too close to call,,,both real champions,,,,Manley is the only kid at 130 that could have beaten Lewis Saturday,,,but we can only give our opinions,,, and pray one day D1 and D2 will become one again. (Johnson is one of the best,,no doubt,,but beating Lewis I think had more to do with how sick Lewis was, vs how good Johnson is.)

CC,,,sends

Good points! It is very hard to compete while sick and or injured. I wasn't referring to the Johnson loss but also to Ward d2 125 runner up and to Lopez. I think I read he lost to those wrestlers??? my main reason for picking Manly is a conversation I had with a Baylor parent and several Soddy parents. We were talking about d1vs d2 matchups we would love to see and this is the one I stated I would pay to see. I picked Lewis until the Baylor parent stated his opinion and why. Then both Soddy daddies agreed and said that they have seen both Watson Manly do extremley well vs Lewis at utc and practicing together before the state.Watching his match with Woods I would give Manley a slight edge IMHO. Regardless, they are all champions and have earned my respect.

189- Davis d-1 easily

I wouldn't count TJ out on this, in fact, I would suggest TJ easily. Looking at his schedule, he beat Talley and Biggs (3 and 4 DI), Majored Jones (who Davis beat 3-0 in the finals), won the Ryan Inv, won the McCallie Inv. beating Stevens from Pope (3rd in GA), and has a record of a whole lot of wins to 1 loss, with the loss being an OT loss to a ranked Ohio wrestler. Davis may have had the quality of oppenents that TJ has had, but to suggest Davis easily...

Good points! It is very hard to compete while sick and or injured. I wasn't referring to the Johnson loss but also to Ward d2 125 runner up and to Lopez. I think I read he lost to those wrestlers??? my main reason for picking Manly is a conversation I had with a Baylor parent and several Soddy parents. We were talking about d1vs d2 matchups we would love to see and this is the one I stated I would pay to see. I picked Lewis until the Baylor parent stated his opinion and why. Then both Soddy daddies agreed and said that they have seen both Watson Manly do extremley well vs Lewis at utc and practicing together before the state.Watching his match with Woods I would give Manley a slight edge IMHO. Regardless, they are all champions and have earned my respect.

With the Baylor / Soddy relationship and all those folks going to UTC to practice a bunch,,,you may have some solid information (yet Campbell was banged up back in Sept-Oct when my son was practicing with him,,he looked to be about 70% then) . As I said,,,my comment wasn't directed at you,,in the past I've seen a few folks bring up that match or that weekend when Campbell was clearly ill and had a couple big losses (beating a kid when he is down became beating a dead horse,,,so to speak). Now I'm a big fan of Lewis, Manley and Watson,,,but if all 3 are the same weight,,and all 3 are healthy,,,Watson wins. I still think Manley vs Lewis is too close to call,,but would be a great match. Sweeptheleg,,,you're clearly a gentleman,,,thanks for letting me address an issue off topic without it becoming personal,,,and I agree,,,both real champions,,you too have some good points.

CC,,,sends

Wow, wasn't aware of his stats. You may be correct based on facts. D2 may clean sweep all but two weights!

If you were not aware of Holmes stats then how did you make that type of statement? The problem is that some people get on this website and throw out various statements like they are the gospel before they do any research on the topic. If two wrestlers have never faced each other how could anyone claim that one would defeat the other without looking at both wrestlers strength of schedule?

bcb iii :flower:

103-Jonah Smith(SD) vs Cole Holloway(Bay)- Holloway, dec. 0-3

112-Alex Kaferle(Tull) vs Tate Robinson(CBHS)- Robinson, maj dec.0-7

119-Tanner Bates(Mt.J) vs Brandon Brunner(Bay)- Bates, dec.3-7

125-Eric Feuerbacher(Blk) vs Zack Watson(Bay)- Watson, maj dec.3-11

130-Campbell Lewis(SD) vs Alex Manley(Bay)- Lewis, dec.6-11

135-Marvin Lopez(Cleve) vs Kaleb Baker(CBHS)- Baker, maj dec.6-15

140-Aaron Lopez(Cleve) vs Stuart Doster(Bay)- Doster, dec.6-18

145-Josue Brown(HL) vs Michael Hooker(Mc)- Brown, dec.9-18

152-Bradley Colbaugh(Brad) vs Chris Agnew(Ryan- Colbaugh, dec.12-18

160-McCoy Newberg(Ind) vs TJ Duncan(Mc)- Duncan, dec.12-21

171-Holden Schay(Hou) vs Chase Martino(Mc)- Schay, maj dec.16-21

189-Cody Davis(Pf) vs T.J. Holmes(Ryan)- Davis, maj dec.20-21

215-Tucker Bolton(Brad) vs Amos Mason (BA)- Bolton, pin26-21

heavy-Patrick Benson(Brad) vs Barrett Gauger(Bay)- Benson, pin32-21

103-Jonah Smith(SD) vs Cole Holloway(Bay)- Holloway, dec. 0-3

112-Alex Kaferle(Tull) vs Tate Robinson(CBHS)- Robinson, maj dec.0-7

119-Tanner Bates(Mt.J) vs Brandon Brunner(Bay)- Bates, dec.3-7

125-Eric Feuerbacher(Blk) vs Zack Watson(Bay)- Watson, maj dec.3-11

130-Campbell Lewis(SD) vs Alex Manley(Bay)- Lewis, dec.6-11

135-Marvin Lopez(Cleve) vs Kaleb Baker(CBHS)- Baker, maj dec.6-15

140-Aaron Lopez(Cleve) vs Stuart Doster(Bay)- Doster, dec.6-18

145-Josue Brown(HL) vs Michael Hooker(Mc)- Brown, dec.9-18

152-Bradley Colbaugh(Brad) vs Chris Agnew(Ryan- Colbaugh, dec.12-18

160-McCoy Newberg(Ind) vs TJ Duncan(Mc)- Duncan, dec.12-21

171-Holden Schay(Hou) vs Chase Martino(Mc)- Schay, maj dec.16-21

189-Cody Davis(Pf) vs T.J. Holmes(Ryan)- Davis, maj dec.20-21

215-Tucker Bolton(Brad) vs Amos Mason (BA)- Bolton, pin26-21

heavy-Patrick Benson(Brad) vs Barrett Gauger(Bay)- Benson, pin32-21

I knew hanging around Tee would put some some grey in your grey matter. Missed a couple of bonus points in the 112, 125 and 135 but you got the outcome right. You boys keep up the good work at Catholic.

bcb iii :flower: