Region 4A

GreenFog

Well with the way the season was going I didn't know who was going to win, but it turned out that all the games went about like they were suppose too... I guess all that mess ended up on the girls side with Trousdale beating Clarkrange. However, congrats to all the teams that won and to the rest for a good season. So it looks like the games are going to be like this:

FCS vs Clarkrange

Clay County vs Pickett County

Oh Midten sure does have some splaing to do :hungry:

I have been watching this group from RBS since they were in junior high and they are very talented but it's ashame they couldn't go farther. The seniors have only been to the region tournament twice in 4 years and still had one young man to score over 2000+ point which is awesome. They have been to sub-state which is something no boys team from RBS can say they've done which is an accomplisment in itself...now it's on to baseball season for these boys!

Edited by swanson71

Here's my blind swing at the pinata:

Opening Round

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (4) Jackson County

(2) Gordonsville losses to (3) Clay County

(3) Red Boiling Springs losses to (2) Clarkrange

(4) Watertown losses to (1) Pickett County

Semifinals

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (2) Clarkrange (In a nail biter)

(1) Pickett County losses to (3) Clay County (Revenge is so sweet)

Championship

(1) Friendship Christian losses to (3) Clay County

Obviously, I'm just having fun and it probably won't go down like this. All 8 teams are capable of taking home the gold if they have 3 great games. There are many talented young men in this region, and I look forward to watching them square off. Good luck to everyone!

Well I was 100% right with my 1st Round picks. Let's hope my semifinal predictions hold true as well. These two games should be dandies:

Game 1 Clay Co. and Pickett Co. will meet for the fourth time this season. Pickett has the edge with two victories over Clay's one. The first meeting at Byrdstown went to OT, the second meeting Clay won at home by 2 points with Pickett putting up a long range missed 3-pointer for the potential win, and the third meeting in the District 7A tournament was won by Pickett in OT once again. I expect this region semifinal to be no exception. The team with the ball in their hands last could very well win it. This game also pairs up two great coaches, with Edwards vs. Bibb. Both of these gentlemen have excellent control of their ball clubs and know the game well. The coaches, players, and fans will be ready for this one. I'm still picking Clay in a one possession thriller.

Game 2 Clarkrange and Friendship have not met to my knowledge. There is really nothing to base this one on except scores against common opponents and the fact that both teams seem to be playing excellent basketball at the moment. I feel that neither of these teams have the best individual player/players in the region, but they do both have very efficient teamwork which usually wins out over the course of a game(e.g. Jordan Godwin, in my opinion, is individually better than anyone on FCS's team) I'm gonna stick with my pick of FCS with a single digit victory in this battle between two excellent teams.

Good luck to all four teams and coaches on Tuesday night.

Edited by Boarhog

There are gonna be 2 really good games in Watertown Tuesday. Watertown gave PC the gift of life (a 3-point play with 5 seconds or so left to send the game into overtime) after PC did everything they could to lose the game (missed 6ish wide open lay-ups and most of their free throws). However, PC stayed composed and prevailed in the end.

I'd like to hear some details on the Clay Co. game. Heard Dylan Birdwell didn't play (sickness?). Also heard they were losing at the half. If Clay Co. brings aggression and strong D to Watertown, I say they'll win by 10.

Clarkrange and FCS is gonna be a heck of a game. Clarkrange seems like the kind of team that wants to keep the game close and put it away late. However, FCS is deep and won't be tired in the 4th quarter. I'll take Clarkrange making foul shots late to win by 7.

All FC did was shoot 51 free throws the refs gave to them. They made most of them and we made most of our 18 we were given. That was the only reason FC won

well FC shot free throws because they would get fouled on shots and then the bonus came later. JC didnt get as many because the FC players werent dumb enough to foul them on the shot. :thumb:

There are gonna be 2 really good games in Watertown Tuesday. Watertown gave PC the gift of life (a 3-point play with 5 seconds or so left to send the game into overtime) after PC did everything they could to lose the game (missed 6ish wide open lay-ups and most of their free throws). However, PC stayed composed and prevailed in the end.

I'd like to hear some details on the Clay Co. game. Heard Dylan Birdwell didn't play (sickness?). Also heard they were losing at the half. If Clay Co. brings aggression and strong D to Watertown, I say they'll win by 10.

Clarkrange and FCS is gonna be a heck of a game. Clarkrange seems like the kind of team that wants to keep the game close and put it away late. However, FCS is deep and won't be tired in the 4th quarter. I'll take Clarkrange making foul shots late to win by 7.

Birdwell didn't play due to disciplinary actions from school. I hope he gets it taken care of by Tuesday. Clay had a great 1st quarter. They were selective about their shot taking, and hustled better on defense than I had seen them thus far this season. Score was 11 to 2 at the end of 1. During the 2nd Clay went cold and only scored three points. Woodmore and #2 for Gville started picking up the pace defensively and created sveral turnovers. Gville led at the half 20 to 14 I believe. The 3rd was played out very much like the sencond. In the 4th Clay returned to their good hustling defense that they had in the 1st. Boles had several points in the 4th ending up with 25-30 (I'm not exactly sure his total). Hamilton also scored several points during the contest for Clay. He has developed quite nicely throughout the season. He is taking higher percentage shots now and turing the ball over less.