Greenfield @ Dresden

hogheaven

Quote me on this: "Lake County is the best single A team in the state." Dresden is hoping for that one game when the stars align and the breaks go our way. That said fouls are part of the game. TT in foul trouble, of course that would help. Just like if Glisson gets in foul trouble, which would benefit Lake County. No, I am not comparing Glisson to TT. TT is a well deserved Mrs. Basketball finalist. Glisson is a good player on a good Dresden team.

I agree with you.It only takes 1 game when everything falls into place.If a team plays a zone and Lake Co is hitting the 3 ball,will be very hard to beat.I also noticed what Volfan touched on,that Dresden had a couple players out early and seem to be playing very well.I heard yall's coach say that Dresden had a tall girl underneath,about 5'9 and was wanting to go to her.Lake Co's tallest player is about 5'6 but every team is taller and will be surprised if Dsesden will be able to go down low very often against Lake Co.At least enough to get off a good ,easy shot.I believe Dresden will have to hit from the outside.Like you said,foul troble,poor outside shooting could spell trouble.I did notice that one of the Dresden players had a couple turnovers late in the game against Greenfield.Hoping Lake Co makes her handle the ball and she if she can handle the pressure.Hopefully our girls will be ready to play.If not,going to be at home.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote me on this: "Lake County is the best single A team in the state." Dresden is hoping for that one game when the stars align and the breaks go our way. That said fouls are part of the game. TT in foul trouble, of course that would help. Just like if Glisson gets in foul trouble, which would benefit Lake County. No, I am not comparing Glisson to TT. TT is a well deserved Mrs. Basketball finalist. Glisson is a good player on a good Dresden team.

They may be the best A team in the state, and then, they may be the best A team in that part of the state. If, and when, they meet and defeat Jackson Co., then we can agree they're the best. Until that time, I've got to hang my hat on Jackson Co.

They may be the best A team in the state, and then, they may be the best A team in that part of the state. If, and when, they meet and defeat Jackson Co., then we can agree they're the best. Until that time, I've got to hang my hat on Jackson Co.

Jackson Co could be like Lake Co and several other teams..just 1 game from sitting at home.

Good luck to Dresden. You are the best team in 13A like I have thought all year. Dresden has improved tremendously since our game1. The Phillips girl is one reason you are better. Your coach does a good job of getting the most out of his players. The Glisson girl is a good player.

Lake County is the best team in the state so Dresden needs to play a flawless game. If TT doesnt get in foul trouble it will be hard to beat Lake County. Carnation Hart has gotten better every year. If Lake County is hitting 3's then it could be a blowout whether they are playing Dresden, Greenfield or Jackson County.

I'll say Lake County by 14.

Jackson Co could be like Lake Co and several other teams..just 1 game from sitting at home.

I totally agree with you. I'm not from Jackson Co. but I'm very familiar with their program. When anyone says their team is the "best in the state', IMO, they'll need to beat Jackson Co.(this year) or win the state tourney to be very convincing.

I totally agree with you. I'm not from Jackson Co. but I'm very familiar with their program. When anyone says their team is the "best in the state', IMO, they'll need to beat Jackson Co.(this year) or win the state tourney to be very convincing.

The person or persons saying Lake Co was the best in the stste isn't from Lake Co.Are from a rival school.But like you being familiar with Jackson Co,he is familiar with Lake Co as we've played them several times.I thought Lake Co would have went last year.That team was beating teams by 20 points every game and sometimes by as many as 50 points ansd a lot of times had pulled the starters out.I've seen enough basketball games throughout the years to know a team can't or don't play their best every game.Just takes that 1 night.I have an old tape sitting at home now between Villanova and Georgetown that reminds me of that fact.Georgetown had beaten them pretty bad twice during the season,nobody gave Villanova a chance but in the chamionship, but they pulled a shocker.I know there are a lot of teams capable in Moore Co.,Jackson Co.,Wayne Co.,Scotts Hiil that can win it all.Also know there are some more teams that can beat anyone on a given night and a few I have seen like Middleton,Bradford and by reading about some like Clay Co.,Forrest just to name a few.Dresden may put Lake Co out Monday night.Just gotta go out and play great ball or if not,going to be sitting home.

Edited by mrbigster

Well, was just trying to get a rise out of greenfield before the game to hopefully find one moron that would say what we know they think "Dresden sucks because they are from the easy district." :twisted: . Now we are on page three and even have a couple Prison Countians fans explaining how it would be a one in a million night that the stars aligned in order for Dresden to win. Lucky thing I have a direct connection to the lord and he is busy aligning the stars , but just in case LADY LIONS!! YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR BUTTS READY FOR A VERY VERY ATHLETIC BASKETBALL TEAM OR YOUR SEASON IS OVER :hungry: . Every second of this game, play your hardest and win or lose, we will love and support you. WE BELIEVE! GO LIONS! :thumb: But, to show I'm a good sport, Lake County " i hope you play well only lose by 1 and have a safe trip home" :roflol:

Hey hogheaven us prison countians appreciate the kind words and we might even let your date out of jail for the night since you are being so kind!! :roflol: I'll take your one point but I am hoping for it on the otherside of the scoreboard so you can come watch us in the regional final!!

Can't believe Hogheaven has started stirring the pot.Calling my Greenfield friends names and us Prison Countians.The line has been drawn.

Edited by mrbigster

Well, was just trying to get a rise out of greenfield before the game to hopefully find one moron that would say what we know they think "Dresden sucks because they are from the easy district." :twisted: . Now we are on page three and even have a couple Prison Countians fans explaining how it would be a one in a million night that the stars aligned in order for Dresden to win. Lucky thing I have a direct connection to the lord and he is busy aligning the stars , but just in case LADY LIONS!! YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR BUTTS READY FOR A VERY VERY ATHLETIC BASKETBALL TEAM OR YOUR SEASON IS OVER :hungry: . Every second of this game, play your hardest and win or lose, we will love and support you. WE BELIEVE! GO LIONS! :thumb: But, to show I'm a good sport, Lake County " i hope you play well only lose by 1 and have a safe trip home" :roflol:

I'll take the 1 point win as well but if Lake Co is hitting outside ,they will win this game.Lake Co will be the quickest and most athletic team Dresden has played.I believe Dresden will have to keep the score in the 40's to win,don't think they can win in a 60 to 70 point game.Lake Co can play either way.Can play a tough hard nosed slower tempo like Bradord and Greenfield did.Not going to run with Lake Co in my mind anyway. Again,can't play like superwomen every night.I see that Dresden is taller but I can promise that Carnation will the Dresden center a tough matchup and then some.Lake Co is going to get open looks.Just have to make them.Don't believe Dresden will play man and try to run.But I will agree.The stars will have to align up just right and it could happen.Like T.T. getting in early foul trouble or even Carnation.If T.T.,Carnation and Shamone all three play in this game without having to sit due to foul trouble,Lake Co will be a tough out.Good thing the game is at West Carrol.Dresden did get a break there.

By the way.I hope Lake Co wins by at least 10 so I don't have to sweat out a win in the closing seconds and everyone has a safe trip home.Even the prisoners that we are going to let out and come to the game.

Dang, now its out. We are divorced...she is an ex wife and she is in that cell for at least 20 to life so I'm safe. Oh well, any place close to reelfoot lake can't be that bad. :roflolk:

ps. Bigster, my license plates are dirty, would you drive by the school/prison and get me a new one. :lol:

Edited by hogheaven