Region 7-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Well the girls region begins on Thursday and I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the games. You got #4 McKenzie at #1 Lake County, #3 Greenfield at #2 Dresden, #3 Big Sandy at #2 Union City and #4 Bradford at #1 Gleason. Looks to be some good 1st round matchups especially the Bradford/Gleason and Greenfield/Dresden match ups. Good luck 14-A teams would like to see a sweep so the Regional semis and finals could be played in the friendly confines of the LC gym where my Lady Falcons have not lost in a long time. It will be difficult though because 13-A has a couple of fine teams as well.Semis set for Saturday and match the LC/McKenzie winner vs.the Dresden/Greenfield winner and the UC/Big Sandy vs. the Gleason/Bradford winner.What is everyone's thoughts?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the girls region begins on Thursday and I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the games. You got #4 McKenzie at #1 Lake County, #3 Greenfield at #2 Dresden, #3 Big Sandy at #2 Union City and #4 Bradford at #1 Gleason. Looks to be some good 1st round matchups especially the Bradford/Gleason and Greenfield/Dresden match ups. Good luck 14-A teams would like to see a sweep so the Regional semis and finals could be played in the friendly confines of the LC gym where my Lady Falcons have not lost in a long time. It will be difficult though because 13-A has a couple of fine teams as well.Semis set for Saturday and match the LC/McKenzie winner vs.the Dresden/Greenfield winner and the UC/Big Sandy vs. the Gleason/Bradford winner.What is everyone's thoughts?

Lake County has won 45 straight at home. Last home loss was in January 08. Would love to see a 14-A sweep.

I almost certain the games will not be at LC. If 14A sweeps, the games will be at Trenton. Again, almost 100% sure on this.

Hope Lake Co comes out to play and doesn't take McKenzie lightly.They have lost several games but only a few were by large margins.I see they played Desden tough a couple ball games,losing by 4 points and 2 points.Also lost to Gleason a couple times ,by about 8 points both times.Also beat a common opponent in Halls by about 35 points.So the girls had better take them serious or Lake Co will be sitting in the stands watching the rest of the tournament.

LAKE CO. AND UC WILL HAVE TO BE OFF THEIR GAME NOT TO WIN. GREENFIELD SHOULD BE OK. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU GET WITH BRADFORD. I AM GOING TO SAY 14A WILL TAKE 3 OF 4.

I'm thinking Lake Co will win and hopefully Union City will also playing their #3 seed.I really thought Big Sandy would be their # 4 seed and thought we'd be playing them.So Union City should be ok.the other two games should be barn burners,maybe too close to call.I'm hoping that Bradford and Greenfield wins ,mostly because they are in our district and because of the fact,a sweep gets us the region at Lake Co hopefully.Just hope we are still one of the teams playing .If Greenfield does win as well as Lake Co,would be bitter sweet as one of us has to stay at home.I hope Lake Co goes a long way and was hoping Jordan Gailey could finish her senior trip at the Boro.I've watched her play a long time ,she played baseball on the Greenfield baseball teams for years while my son played for the Newbern All Stars.Her boyfriend now was also on that Newbern All-Star team and she was the catcher and most of our team couldn't bat without looking at her or coming back to the dugout and talking about her.Then when she threw half of them out,figured they'd better get theirs minds on the game.A very good player.I wish her well nom matter if we win or lose. And she still may make the Boro..But if she does,means Lake Co definitely isn't there.But since Greenfield and Lake Co both can't advance..hope Lake Co and Bradford advances.Just something about Union City,don't like how they play sometimes.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake Co. should blow out McKenzie. UC over Big Sandy....by how much depends on if UC comes ready to play, or not.

Gleason VS. Bradford and Greenfield VS. Dresden should be good games. It'd be hard to pick the winners in these 2 games. These games will be very interesting to watch.

Also, I have to agree with GoBulldogs about the Regional site...I've heard that the District Tourney sight is where Regional will be played, in the case of a sweep. But, this may all be a discussion for nothing, because I dont see a sweep happening.

Lake Co. should blow out McKenzie. UC over Big Sandy....by how much depends on if UC comes ready to play, or not.

Gleason VS. Bradford and Greenfield VS. Dresden should be good games. It'd be hard to pick the winners in these 2 games. These games will be very interesting to watch.

Also, I have to agree with GoBulldogs about the Regional site...I've heard that the District Tourney sight is where Regional will be played, in the case of a sweep. But, this may all be a discussion for nothing, because I dont see a sweep happening.

Was told by LC coaches that if a sweep happens then the number one seed from the district tournament will host. The local paper also reported the same.