Riverdale vs Lawrence County monday night

hotshot

WOW!!!!I am so proud of my LADY WARRIORS!!!!We beat a VERY GOOD AND ATHLETIC team tonight Coach Scott had her girls ready and started off fast we wasnt hitting any shots and they were flying to us defensivley all night!...in the first QTR LC controlled a lot of the tempo and was very aggrresive on both ends of the court and towards the end of the QTR Cobi stepped up and put this team on her shoulders!!!

I think we took the lead by the end of the 1ST QTR and we pulled away the rest of the game...we extened the lead to 17 at one point and then LC went on a run and cut it to 11 however we quickly went ona run ourselves and extended the lead to 19 by the end of the 3rd QTR...all of the girls made big plays to contribute to this win Jessica hitting a big 3 and some rebounds Olivia defensivly and hitting a 3 after an offensive rebound ALexa and her solid D and her drive to the basket and TY for being all over the court defensivly and offensivly beating everyone down the court for the outlet pass and the lay up and of course Cobi for being a leader

now we play for the region championship while we want to win and play at home on saturday the good news is that no matter what we will not be elminated

GO LADY WARRIORS

Well......I don't mean to be ugly, but I think I've discovered a group of fans possibly more obnoxious than U.T. Fans! And that's a tough act to follow!!

Unfortunately last night, I was sitting around a group of Riverdale Fans and I've got to say, pretty ugly things were being said. I think it does not speak well of us when we forget that these are all our little girls, or someone else's little girls out there participating in an athletic event and giving their all. No more. No less.

Sure it's exciting and sure everyone wants their team to win and their girls or their daughter to do well. But let's not loose track of the fact that these are each and everyone, some Mom's or Dad's little girl. And that mom or dad could be sitting behind you. So why not be courteous and respectful to the girls? After all, we all know that no matter which team loses, it will be because of poor officiating!! :)

Riverdale has a good team. There's not doubt. Blackman likewise has a good team. Talent wise, I'm not sure there is a lot of difference although I would give Blackman a slight edge. Blackman has at least 3 to 4 players that if they go off, can control the outcome. I don't think Riverdale goes much deeper than 2 players with game impacting skills. I think the difference in this game is going to be Coaching. The Coach that schemes this game the best AND is able to get his players to effect that scheme will win.

Anyway, it has been a great season for us. I'm looking forward to the game Wednesday. I think on the High School level, this game will be as good as it gets. Both teams are guaranteed a spot in the State Tournament and we should ALL be proud of that! So, let's have at it, be nice, and may the best team win.

So....that means Blackman Wins!!!!!!!! ;);) Good luck to both teams.

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!

Well......I don't mean to be ugly, but I think I've discovered a group of fans possibly more obnoxious than U.T. Fans! And that's a tough act to follow!!

Unfortunately last night, I was sitting around a group of Riverdale Fans and I've got to say, pretty ugly things were being said. I think it does not speak well of us when we forget that these are all our little girls, or someone else's little girls out there participating in an athletic event and giving their all. No more. No less.

Sure it's exciting and sure everyone wants their team to win and their girls or their daughter to do well. But let's not loose track of the fact that these are each and everyone, some Mom's or Dad's little girl. And that mom or dad could be sitting behind you. So why not be courteous and respectful to the girls? After all, we all know that no matter which team loses, it will be because of poor officiating!! :)

Riverdale has a good team. There's not doubt. Blackman likewise has a good team. Talent wise, I'm not sure there is a lot of difference although I would give Blackman a slight edge. Blackman has at least 3 to 4 players that if they go off, can control the outcome. I don't think Riverdale goes much deeper than 2 players with game impacting skills. I think the difference in this game is going to be Coaching. The Coach that schemes this game the best AND is able to get his players to effect that scheme will win.

Anyway, it has been a great season for us. I'm looking forward to the game Wednesday. I think on the High School level, this game will be as good as it gets. Both teams are guaranteed a spot in the State Tournament and we should ALL be proud of that! So, let's have at it, be nice, and may the best team win.

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!

I dont know if I would say that Blackman has better talent considering that Riverdale has 1 D1 signee and 3 if not 4 D1 prospects in their starting lineup(1 being a miss basketball finalist). Dont get me wrong, Blackman is a really good to who I think will make it to the state tournament, but I still dont think they are better than Riverdale

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!

Find it funny that a blackman fan is critizing another teams fan HA!...

i agree we do have a good team and your team is better than our we are just glad that we are playing you again in a game that doesnt matter so much we are also glad that you are letting us play the game as it will be a good experience for us...and might can help us play in the state championship game AGAIN I hope one day we can be as good as blackman i guess we will just continue to work hard and try to get better everyday

GO LADY WARRIORS

Find it funny that a blackman fan is critizing another teams fan HA!...

i agree we do have a good team and your team is better than our we are just glad that we are playing you again in a game that doesnt matter so much we are also glad that you are letting us play the game as it will be a good experience for us...and might can help us play in the state championship game AGAIN I hope one day we can be as good as blackman i guess we will just continue to work hard and try to get better everyday

GO LADY WARRIORS

Case in point?? ;);) Best of luck to two good teams.

GO BLAZE!!!

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!

I like you Hank but I have to disagree with some of the things you said here. Riverdale has more than 2 players with game impacting skill. Barbee, Middleton, Petty, and Jones all have game impacting skill. Riverdale has more D1 material than Blackman but Blackman is VERY solid from #1 to #7. We have 6 different girls that can come in and score 15 points on a given night. When all of Blackmans players play up to their potential, then we can give Riverdale a game.

Neither team is in the State tournament yet. We are in the substate.

We all think the other teams fans are obnoxious but nobody's fans are more obnoxious than Alabama fans.

Would be nice if Blackman could win so we could play at home but if not, there will still be another game.

I am proud the Lady Blaze are in this game. Not bad for a team that is not even a top 10 team in the midstate.

Go BLAZE!!!

• Upvote 1

blaze I agree with what you said about the 4 players you mentioned HOWEVER the one girl you left out has committed to a D1 school Ashley Henry is going to Morehead State...I look forward to signing day so coach Hodges(the husband) can talk to me about her...

and our top 2 players off the bench would start for most teams in the state Toryee Watkins and Jessica Azor so we are very strong 7 deep of course this is me with my RIVERDALE glasses on

I find it funny that i wrote a post giving hank the benefit of the doubt that he was right and he didnt like it hmmmm