van buren co. vs chattanooga csas

90warrior

Congrats to CSAS on the win last night. Their defense was excellent last night really no answer for it. Maybe a ball screen would have setup the open shot, couldn't figure out why Van Buren never tried one. The game was within Van Buren's reach almost the entire game until the end when they had to start pressuring the ball to try for a turnover, which is really where CSAS shines, their much faster than most teams i've seen :mellow: . The Signal game was just..... Ugh. Don't get me started <_<. But nonetheless congrats to Lookout Valley on the win, good luck staying within 40 of CSAS though :popcorneater:

I never realized this before but Van Buren will bring everyone back next season and might make a deep run if they play their cards right. Anybody else's thoughts?

Edited by TheShow1

Van Buren will lose one player. #30 was the only senior on the team. They will miss his ballhandling but hopefully someone steps up and fills the spot. I kinda wondered too why we didn't run any screens because CSAS was defending us so far away from the goal. Also why we waited to 3 minutes in the game to drive deep and dish to the open man under the goal. Maybe next year will be our year. I think we might do better if we go into the tournament as a lower seed and pull a few upsets. We can't win it when we have the number 1 seed. Kinda like the Indianopolis Colts!!!

Van Buren will lose one player. #30 was the only senior on the team. They will miss his ballhandling but hopefully someone steps up and fills the spot. I kinda wondered too why we didn't run any screens because CSAS was defending us so far away from the goal. Also why we waited to 3 minutes in the game to drive deep and dish to the open man under the goal. Maybe next year will be our year. I think we might do better if we go into the tournament as a lower seed and pull a few upsets. We can't win it when we have the number 1 seed. Kinda like the Indianopolis Colts!!!

a few years back when you were in district 9A you had a couple of kids that were really impressive. did they go to play anywhere in college

a few years back when you were in district 9A you had a couple of kids that were really impressive. did they go to play anywhere in college

[/quote

Two of them went on to play at different colleges. Neither of them lasted more than a year though.

We relied too heavily on our guard play this year, our posts were under utilized all season. After losing #30 this year we will have to put more faith in our post play.

CSAS will play the loser between FCS and Clay County...Neither team is good enough to play with CSAS and will probably lose, however they are good enough to beat the team traveling up here to play...

If friendship plays the way they did against clarkrange they have a very good chance to pull off the upset monday night