Red Boiling Springs vs Jackson County

swanson71

This makes the 3rd time in 6 years that the region championship has been RBS vs Jackson County, and overall the 5th championship that these 2 has met in. Last time they met at Watertown for the region championship was a great, low scoring game. Any thoughts on this game?

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes the 3rd time in 6 years that the region championship has been RBS vs Jackson County, and overall the 5th championship that these 2 has met in. Last time they met at Watertown for the region championship was a great, low scoring game. Any thoughts on this game?

If JC is hitting like they was tonight they will be hard to beat but im still gonna go with JC by 10+

Most nights I would be hard pressed to go against Coach White and Lacey Colter, but I believe that I'm gonna have to pick Coach Brown and Jackson County in this one. Coe, Hensley, and Warden will be tough to beat. I'm not discrediting the other Lady Blue Devils, I am just more familiar with these three. My prediction is that JC will win in similar fashion as they did over Clay County tonight. They won't destroy The Lady Bulldogs, but there will be no doubt as to who the better team is.

Just my thoughts. I don't have a dog in the race. Either team could win and I'd be happy. Should be a good matchup between two great coaches and teams.

Congrats to both schools for reaching the substate round.

Don't think this one will be low scoring, too many offensive weapons on the floor.

I think RBS will have matchup problems with JC, but time will tell :popcorneater:

Edited by 7Awatcher

Don't think this one will be low scoring, too many offensive weapons on the floor.

I think RBS will have matchup problems with JC, but time will tell :popcorneater:

I noticed that Trousdale held Coulter to 4 points. That defence held for 3 quarters. :flower:

Edited by jimbo44

I do not like the match up here for RBS either. As for the outside games go both teams are pretty much dead even, but the inside game for JC will be the deciding factor in this game. I agree that this game will probably not be as lowing scoring because in that game before RBS and Jackson County had met 3 time prior to the region championship so they pretty much had each other figured out. Trousdale County had played 2 times prior to last night, so they knew exactly what to expect heading into that game. However, this will be the first these 2 teams met all year so expect both teams to be shocked a bit with some unexpected things that each other do. I do think this will be a good game as RBS is capable of playing with Jackson County, but i'll goo JC 42-31 winning, but I believe that if RBS comes out and plays geat for 4 quarters they are very capable of beating Jackson County...

Edited by swanson71

Both teams will advance to the state tournament, this game just decides who makes the long trip to Chattanooga. JC wins this game by double digits if the outside shot is falling. RBS cannot matchup with Hensley and JC has too many outside weapons to double team her. final score JC 64 RBS 47

What region / district do we play in the substate?

I think you are right, this game will come down to who has more heart!!! RBS will have matchup problems but, they can over come, Jenkins is the key to this game as she has been in several before!! Colter Painter and Burgener all need to be in double figures too.

I think you are right, this game will come down to who has more heart!!! RBS will have matchup problems but, they can over come, Jenkins is the key to this game as she has been in several before!! Colter Painter and Burgener all need to be in double figures too.

You are definately correct. Like I said I do not like RBS's match up in this game, but it is nothing you all cannot overcome if you play good, hard basketball for 4 quarters...good luck tonight! :thumb:

Edited by swanson71