Who will win between Scotts Hill and Middleton?

courtney24

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a dandy game to watch. Also is an important game because the loser will likely have to travel to Tiptonville to face the #1 ranked Lake Co. Lady Falcons in the substate game provided LC takes care of business tonight against Bradford. Have seen Middleton in person and they are a very good team, tough and physical. Scotts Hill is very very good as well( they are undefeated for a reason!!) I expect a low scoring defensive struggle with Scotts Hill winning but I do now it is tough to beat a team 4 times in a year so a Middleton win would not shock me.

Toss up...Scotts Hill slight favorite...I believe Scotts Hill has beaten Middleton 2 or 3 times already this year, in close games...correct?

You're probably right.Just hope Lake Co wins tonight and gets to play at home.Both team will be tough to beat no matter where the game is played and Bradford and Lake co are going to have to play them anyway so at least hopefully get a home game if possible.Middleton had a couple players out with knee injuries if I'm not mistaken.Think they came back a couple games before we played them but not sure.They may be healthier now so the Scotts Hill-Middleton game could go either way on a neutral court.Like you said in another thread ..if Scotts Hill loses and Lake Co does win and Scotts Hill has to come to Lake Co..going to knock a top team out and keep one of them from even getting to State.

Congrats to Scotts Hill on the win and region championship even though I think you are short changing District 14-A a little bit. alot of Gold Basketballs in that district over the years. Bradford, Greenfield, Union City and Lake Co all goood basketball teams. The bottom of 14-A was a little weak in Halls and Trenton this year but LC has also played at Middleton, Obion Co., Dyersburg and some big schools in a KY christmas tournament. So no cupcake schedule. Middleton played LC tough at home but the Lady Falcons are a different team in their house. I expect a tough game but feel Lake County is on a mission after last year's early exit.

good win for scotts hill tonight.30-0! they will host bradford. I believe middleton can still go to lake co. and win. this is alot tougher district that the lake co. district.

I would be really afraid of this Bradford team right now that seems to be peaking at just the right time. Should be a packed house with two towns that love their basketball.

Congratulations Lady Lions!!! Anyone who has seen Middleton (or Madison for that matter) this season would know how big an accomplishment it was to A- go undefeated in the district, B- beat Mad. a 3rd time in the distr. tourney, and C- beat Middleton TWICE more to become the back-to-back District and Region champs.

I know Coach Chandler may have allowed the girls to celebrate their 25-0 regular season for about... oh maybe 5 seconds (lol) before reminding them there are TWO seasons. Well they've listened and haven't let up... 5-0 in the tourneys so far and now one game away from the 'Boro again.

Keep your eyes on the prize ladies and keep playing like you have been... great defense, great team ball, and great love for one another. I've never seen a team that plays together as well as you girls, and it has been a joy to watch you this season.

30 down, 4 to go.

Edited by TitanicVol

Congrats to Scotts Hill on the win and region championship even though I think you are short changing District 14-A a little bit. alot of Gold Basketballs in that district over the years. Bradford, Greenfield, Union City and Lake Co all goood basketball teams. The bottom of 14-A was a little weak in Halls and Trenton this year but LC has also played at Middleton, Obion Co., Dyersburg and some big schools in a KY christmas tournament. So no cupcake schedule. Middleton played LC tough at home but the Lady Falcons are a different team in their house. I expect a tough game but feel Lake County is on a mission after last year's early exit.

I know that district 14-A has brung home a bunch of gold balls in the past but I am talking about the district this year. What was the score of the Middleton and Lake Co. game earlier in the year?

Can't remember exact score but LC won by 2 with TT hitting a shot at the buzzer. Game could have gone into OT. LC jumped out to a big early lead like 24-8 I believe but did not shoot well outside the rest of the night. Stayed in control till missed FTs and good play by the Tigers tied it up with about 15 seconds left TT got down the court and hit a runner at the horn to win it.

SHHS,

You shouldnt be downing District 14A when Scotts Hill and Middleton have not played as tough a schedule as the teams in 14A. I beleive I saw a post about overall wins and losses...Scotts Hill and Middleton's opponents had losing records overall....Lake Co. and Bradford's opponents had winning records overall. Soooo....just sayin'

District 14A was good this year...better than some thought.

Anyway, my predictions for the upcoming sub state games...if anyone cares to hear them...lol...would be Scotts Hill winning in a close game over Bradford...although Bradford is really playing good ball right now. And, my other prediction is Lake Co. beating Middleton in a good, close game. So, I'm going with the home teams...you know what they say....home court gives you about a 10 point advantage...