McEwen @ Summertown

follower93

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who win substate if each team plays to there capability?

• Summertown
    • McEwen

Stown will make McEwen look BAD.

I doubt this. I say that McEwen can at the most keep up with them or even win this game they might have a good PG but I would almost bet that McEwen could handle anything they bring. I also would half to agree on "mtownballer" reply that they probably haven't face anybody any taller then them and there all fast at that making it alot harder for clifton to drive in and shoot lay ups as easy. There pretty much a even match up and its going to be good game. Could possible be a overtime game.

Edited by follower93

I doubt this. I say that McEwen can at the most keep up with them or even win this game they might have a good PG but I would almiost bet that McEwen could handle anything they bring. I also would half to agree on "mtownballer" reply that they probably haven't face anybody any taller then them and there all fast at that making it alot harder for clifton to drive in and shoot lay ups as easy. There pretty much a even match up and its going to be good game. Could possible be a overtime game.

You McEwen people have lost your mind?

You McEwen people have lost your mind?

I find you hilarious, honestly what makes you think we have lost our mind? First why do you think that Summertown will beat us, and if you actually come up with some reason I can come up with one better then something you make up.... I say there equal and I have a right to my opinion and you will just half to get over it! Apparently other people do to because it's not just me voting for them in this game... So I find it funny how us people have lost are mind when us people have better grammar then that.. Your post was a statment not a question! At least we know one thing for sure we can most defiantly beat you in grammar! So when you actually come up with some excuse to this post I would love to reply back with why they won't beat McEwen. McEwen is just as good as Summertown or better and I will defend them everyday espically to you! I say to the best of luck to both teams and It will be a great game!

Edited by follower93

I find you hilarious, honestly what makes you think we have lost our mind? First why do you think that Summertown will beat us, and if you actually come up with some reason I can come up with one better then something you make up.... I say there equal and I have a right to my opinion and you will just half to get over it! Apparently other people do to because it's not just me voting for them in this game... So I find it funny how us people have lost are mind when us people have better grammar then that.. Your post was a statment not a question! At least we know one thing for sure we can most defiantly beat you in grammar! So when you actually come up with some excuse to this post I would love to reply back with why they won't beat McEwen. McEwen is just as good as Summertown or better and I will defend them everyday espically to you! I say to the best of luck to both teams and It will be a great game!

McEwen plays in one of the weakest Districts in the state, and Stown plays in the toughest District in the state. Nobody on McEwen can guard Bubba Clifton.

McEwen plays in one of the weakest Districts in the state, and Stown plays in the toughest District in the state. Nobody on McEwen can guard Bubba Clifton.

D10 as well as D12 went 3-1 in region play... with the better two teams making it to sub state... The only comparison game we have between the two is Forrest, and exactly how did that go... I'm not knocking S'town, but to quote one of your old posts you said that "McEwen has 0 change of winning," that my good sir is what I find hilarious...

Also D10 is probably one of the better districts in the state... We will see how they collide against D12 in a few short days...

I would say that the districts break down something like this across the state:

D14

D15

D16

D07

D10

D12

D01

D11

D04

D09

D03

D08

D05

D06

D13

D02

Are you kidding!!! I honestly find you hilarious! You half to be like 10 years old or something do you even know who we play? Here's a few pointers for one this alone makes you sound dumb Clarksville Academy is in are district that's enough right there just to prove are's a lot tougher then yours. Plus how can you compare a team by there district? If a team is good then there good doesn't matter who they play. And how would you know we don't have anybody to guard him? Have you even seen McEwen play? You should really stop assuming and let people have there own opinions. Summertown is good or they wouldn't be there but McEwen is just as good to who they wouldn't be playing each other! So stoping coming up with random excuses and just except the fact that Summertown and McEwen are equal and let the game determine who is better and not you!

Can you tell me little about this team.. Since you know about them im guessing you know alittle about them.

Well i played for pc last yr i graduated but yeh i know alot about them. friends with 3 of stown starters. Summertown is an up-tempo team (and good at it). they love the dribble drive motion offense. very good bball iq. as in personal this is what i can say about their main players.

#12 Bubba Clifton- VERY good handles and court vision. Can shoot 3s if open, like floaters and off balance shots going towards rim (and good at hitting them. quick defender and likes to get on the pg hip to push tempo. Best player on the team.

#24 Eli Mathews- Very great defender. quick, good with the ball and streaky shooter. hit 6 3's on pc.

Jordan Chard- Dead on 3 shooter. dont let this kid get to feeling it. strong kid, can finish on drive.

then throw in your role players (who are good at their role) and score score score. thats their mentality.

Well i played for pc last yr i graduated but yeh i know alot about them. friends with 3 of stown starters. Summertown is an up-tempo team (and good at it). they love the dribble drive motion offense. very good bball iq. as in personal this is what i can say about their main players.

#12 Bubba Clifton- VERY good handles and court vision. Can shoot 3s if open, like floaters and off balance shots going towards rim (and good at hitting them. quick defender and likes to get on the pg hip to push tempo. Best player on the team.

#24 Eli Mathews- Very great defender. quick, good with the ball and streaky shooter. hit 6 3's on pc.

Jordan Chard- Dead on 3 shooter. dont let this kid get to feeling it. strong kid, can finish on drive.

then throw in your role players (who are good at their role) and score score score. thats their mentality.

I do enjoy watching the dribble drive... What does their shot selection look like:

3's: X%

12 foot out jumpers: X%

Penetration jumpers 12 and in: X%

Post plays:X%

Penetration floaters or lay ups: X%

Also, how often do they score off of fast breaks (2 passes or less)...: X%

@follower, Your grammar is just as bad. So clean it up before you bash other people's poor grammar.

Even if the district strength was comparable, Summertown has played a much tougher schedule throughout the year. Pcviking's breakdown of Summertown's offense is spot on. Percentages fluctuate game to game, so it's safer to say they have a well rounded guard attack (jumpers, three's, floaters, fast breaks), and aren't afraid to give it to the post a few times throughout the game. The back end of their press can break down at times, and PC was able to exploit it during their games when they had the opportunity. The smaller court at Summertown benefits their ability to press and shrink the court.

I do enjoy watching the dribble drive... What does their shot selection look like:

3's: X%

12 foot out jumpers: X%

Penetration jumpers 12 and in: X%

Post plays:X%

Penetration floaters or lay ups: X%

Also, how often do they score off of fast breaks (2 passes or less)...: X%

hey i really couldnt give you this detailed, my last detailed of them was best i can give. i havent seen them play sense last yr. Im going by what i know for sure the main details are. @WindUpBird said it great, though. They are a well dispersing team who can hurt you from anywhere. They are really good from any position on the floor, but only if the teams mind is right and taking energy from Bubba. I know they sound like a mini superteam lol but hey thats why they have a home substate game. BUT Mcewen IS capable of beating them if they force the tempo they are most comfortable with. Im a 12A fan but not an unrealistic fan where i think they are "unstoppable" (which some posters have proposed in other forums). Mcewen comes out and plays to their ability and Summertown to theirs we are gonna have a "Heavyweight Fight" in the barn come monday night :)