McEwen @ Summertown

follower93

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who win substate if each team plays to there capability?

• Summertown
    • McEwen

@Windupbird. How is my grammar just as bad? I know for one thing that his post was a statement and not a question which is what i was talking about! So my grammar can't possible be as bad as his....

Next, Summertown might have played a tougher district but who cares are you saying since they play harder teams they can beat Clarksville Academy. If you think that your both crazy and have no clue what your talking about. The District you play in does not matter once you get out of the tourment all it matters if you get in regions and farther. Clarksville Academy won state last year so are you going take that away from them because they played in a weak district? Both of you make no sense on that and I'm tired of arguing with you.... Now Windupbird thank you for the details on Summertown it was very useful but McEwen can still handle this very will I think. McEwen can break the press almost anytime they need to and doesn't struggle on small courts a bit.

LOVE THE DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT MCEWEN CAN HOLD UP TO SUMMERTOWN. NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE SEEN MCEWEN PLAY, BUT LOOKING AT THEM WHEN THEY PLAYED US AND IN THE TOURNAMENTS, THEY CAN BEAT ANYONE IF THEY ALL COME OUT WITH THEIR HEADS IN THE GAME. THEY HAVE AN INSANE CENTER THEY CALL SPIVEY, WHICH IF HE IS ON, YOU CAN'T STOP HIM. THEY HAVE TWO MULLINICKS BOYS, ONE A CENTER, THE OTHER A GUARD- UNSTOPPABLE WITH GREAT BB KNOWLEDGE!!! THEY BRING AN AWESOME STUDENT SECTION AS WELL. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS, LOOK OUT SUMMERTOWN, WITH OR WITHOUT THE KID CALLED BUBBA- MCEWEN WILL BE THERE AND YOU WILL KNOW IT! P.S. I HAVE NO DOGS IN THIS RACE BUT KNOW A TEAM WHEN I SEE ONE.

i have read all of the post about this game. my thought on the game is this. first, let me say this i graduated from Summertown and played for Coach Gene Mcbee so that tells you that I'm passionate about the game. Everyone who has posted that this team is going to do this or that is fooling themselves. This is the sub state game and anything can happen to either team, what we have to realize is that both teams will leave it on the court and the better team of the night will win. Does this mean Summertown is better than McEwen or McEwen is better than Summertown NO!!! they are both great teams or they would be setting at the house waiting for next year. Lets not ruin the game by making speculations about either teams just go out and support who you like.

having seen both summertown and mcwen play this year mcwen prob. thinks they have a quick team but they cannot match up with summertowns quickness, but mcwen will have a size advantage this will prob be a close game with edge going to summertown because of the home court adv. i bet mcwen hasnt played in a gym quite like the one at all, be prepared for fans literally to be less than 2 feet off the floor(not overstating that at all)you feel like you have no room to play and that the fans are right on top of you and it will be loud, loud,loud it is a unique gym to say the least huge adv. for summertown when a team hasnt played there before

While I do agree that playing a tough schedule doesn't win games, it does prepare you for what tournament teams can throw at your team. I didn't say your district was weaker or stronger, just that Summertown went out of their district and played some really good teams. I do think that Summertown can beat Clarksville Academy, just as I think that PC can beat them, and McEwen can beat any of the other three. It only takes one game, and anything could happen. One team gets hot, foul trouble, mismatches, anything. I would love to go to both of these games, but I've gotta make a choice...

i have read all of the post about this game. my thought on the game is this. first, let me say this i graduated from Summertown and played for Coach Gene Mcbee so that tells you that I'm passionate about the game. Everyone who has posted that this team is going to do this or that is fooling themselves. This is the sub state game and anything can happen to either team, what we have to realize is that both teams will leave it on the court and the better team of the night will win. Does this mean Summertown is better than McEwen or McEwen is better than Summertown NO!!! they are both great teams or they would be setting at the house waiting for next year. Lets not ruin the game by making speculations about either teams just go out and support who you like.

Great post man! Nice to see real bball fans who know their stuff :) its substate guys, both teams are exceptional! :)

I said the same exact thing in a earlier post that both teams are good but let the game decided who is better!

Anyway I can't say I know Summertown gym because I have never been to it but I can say that if a team is tall that quinkness won't help much because they still will half to change there shoot to get over them and they will have the top in a rebounding game for sure.

In regard to playing in the barn at summertown,the warriors have played in gyms like this in the past.Playing at the junior high level in the tennessee river conf.I have seen the barn,and it looks like a cross between holliday and st.patricks.For a good basketball program like summertown,it is an eye sore.The people of summertown need to push for a new gym.#42mullinicks grew up playing in small gyms and plays his best in hostile enviroments.Summertowns Bubba Clifton is a good player but when he comes into the paint monday night,he better have a fork,salt and pepper.#44* will be waiting.Looking forward to good game and the MCEWEN WARRIORS making history.

If Summertown shoots like they did against PC in the regional championship game, it'll be a long night for McEwen

And if McEwen plays to there capability then it will be a long night for summertown! I will half to say these temas are equal and the game is only going determine who is ready to play and who wants it more! Not much more you can say about the teams details and stats.

In regard to playing in the barn at summertown,the warriors have played in gyms like this in the past.Playing at the junior high level in the tennessee river conf.I have seen the barn,and it looks like a cross between holliday and st.patricks.For a good basketball program like summertown,it is an eye sore.The people of summertown need to push for a new gym.#42mullinicks grew up playing in small gyms and plays his best in hostile enviroments.Summertowns Bubba Clifton is a good player but when he comes into the paint monday night,he better have a fork,salt and pepper.#44* will be waiting.Looking forward to good game and the MCEWEN WARRIORS making history.

I've seen both teams play. Summertown wins this game by 10-12 points.

Summertown has BIG advantage with home court. Their student section was pretty rowdy during the regions at Mt. Pleasant.

McEwen's point guard is a pretty darn good player in his own right. But he's no Bubba Clifton. If Summertown knocks down Clifton's kickout 3s, S-town wins easily. Summertown has a history of shooting VERY well at home. Oh, and FYI, I personally love going to watch games at their gym.

McEwen does indeed has some length at pretty much all positions. But they certainly aren't going to put fear in Bubba Clifton. He drove the lane at ease against Mount pleasant (who had Princeton Harlan and TJ Smith watiting) and all he did was shoot floaters all night and get MP defenders in foul trouble. Good luck stopping his penetration.