AAA Tournament

Hank51

Hey Guys - If I were a Blackman or Riverdale fan I would not be as concerned about what the student sections are chanting as about how few were there chanting anything. It is unfortunate that schools that size have supported their teams so poorly at the tournament.

I agree. One would think better crowds could be expected. Would have LOVED to see RD vs Blackman and see what kind of crowd that would have attracted. Perhaps the less than ideal weather has had something to do with attendance? Although according to the Tennessean, attendance is up substantially.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read in other threads where people are labeled uncreditable because anothers opinion differs or they feel one writer does not know what he is talking about. Well, that is applicable here. ANYONE who says that the student section of Blackman High School did not BOO when the first Riverdale player was called out for the All District team; has ZERO credibility on any post they want to make. If they could not see or hear that; then what can they see. I was there and can tell you that the first Riverdale player was BOOED when the second was called the BOOS started again. The Sheriff/Police officer leaning on the wall next to the Blackman student section stepped over and ended the BOOS. Not a parent and not a School administrator to be found.

This poo slinging can go on and on. Want things to change? Take care of your own house.

Yes attendance has been up at the tournament thanks in large part to the fine folks from Cannon County. And if you were not able to see, they know how to BOO also!!

I call B.S. on Coach Hibdon cursing.

Ditto.

As one that knows kids in the student section that have crossed that sportsmanship line (yes it happens at Blackman), there is a reason beside school support that there is usually 2 assistant principals in attendance at each game, with one within a row of the student section. Poor sportsmanship is addressed at the game and at school the next day. If the principal receives calls from opposing teams regarding sportsmanship, it's a bad day for the coach and the team. One example of which I have several, was a call to Riverdale a few years ago about some signs posted by cheerleaders that used words hurtful to parents with special needs kids was met with Riverdalemans "Kids will be kids" response from administration. Problems with respect and sportsmanship seems to be systemic at Riverdale.

Edited by KeeperFan15

I have read in other threads where people are labeled uncreditable because anothers opinion differs or they feel one writer does not know what he is talking about. Well, that is applicable here. ANYONE who says that the student section of Blackman High School did not BOO when the first Riverdale player was called out for the All District team; has ZERO credibility on any post they want to make. If they could not see or hear that; then what can they see. I was there and can tell you that the first Riverdale player was BOOED when the second was called the BOOS started again. The Sheriff/Police officer leaning on the wall next to the Blackman student section stepped over and ended the BOOS. Not a parent and not a School administrator to be found.

This poo slinging can go on and on. Want things to change? Take care of your own house.

Yes attendance has been up at the tournament thanks in large part to the fine folks from Cannon County. And if you were not able to see, they know how to BOO also!!

WE must have attended different games. I heard NO ONE boo ANY players during the awards announcements. Perhaps it was because I was applauding and cheering too loudly myself. Also, ALL the Blackman supporters around me cheered and applauded for EVERY player announced. I don't care if you agree with me or not. And would not consider you "uncreditable" [sic] simply for disagreeing with me. However, I know what I did and did not hear. I heard NO boos during the awards announcements and so far, you are the only one that has said they did.

And I think I'm respectfully ready to call B.S. on your claim of "nonpartisan".

I know what I have heard. And I know what I have observed. And I'm not taking anyone's word for it. It is a first hand experience.

With that said, I really don't care. I have just related what I have seen and heard. NOT what I have been told. I suspect you are attached to RD in some way. If so, I would think you would want better from such visible representatives of your school, your team, and Middle Tennessee Girl's Basketball. If not, then that speaks for itself and pretty much proves my point.

Edited by Hank51

With that said, I really don't care. I have just related what I have seen and heard. NOT what I have been told. I suspect you are attached to RD in some way. If so, I would think you would want better from such visible representatives of your school, your team, and Middle Tennessee Girl's Basketball. If not, then that speaks for itself and pretty much proves my point.

As said before this could go on and on. I will stop wasting my time with it. "Get the beam out of your eye before you attempt to remove the speck in someone else's."

I am not attached to Riverdale. I am however attached to another school in Rutherford County. I can say I would never attach myself or my duaghter to Blackman. Even tho your coach tried to gain that attachment. But I'm sure you could never beleave that either or even recognize the players he has been able to bring in to his program the last few years.

Anybody but Riverdale. Any team that sits in the stands, observing another game, and then as a team, ridicules another player when they foul out of the game has no class. And they are a reflection of their Coach, their School and their fans.

This team has no class and is not a good representative of this area and Lady's Basketball.

ABRD (Anybody But Riverdale

I AGREE - what happen to the Warrior class of old????? This "new and improved" version is a disgrace to the community....

WE must have attended different games. I heard NO ONE boo ANY players during the awards announcements. Perhaps it was because I was applauding and cheering too loudly myself. Also, ALL the Blackman supporters around me cheered and applauded for EVERY player announced. I don't care if you agree with me or not. And would not consider you "uncreditable" [sic] simply for disagreeing with me. However, I know what I did and did not hear. I heard NO boos during the awards announcements and so far, you are the only one that has said they did.

And I think I'm respectfully ready to call B.S. on your claim of "nonpartisan".

I know what I have heard. And I know what I have observed. And I'm not taking anyone's word for it. It is a first hand experience.

Read who is writing the posts. We are 2 different people not the same. That makes 2 people that heards boos and everyone sitting around me from both Blackman and Riverdale heard the same thing. The other poster is right that the SRO officers went over to student section after 2nd booing started and stopped it. YOu should see some of the things written on that dry earse board and the students have, pretty offensive at times. I have been a Rutherford County fan for years and have rooted for all County teams. After being a bystander reading the posters on all sports for coach t I have a knew rule....ABB + Anyone But Blackman.

Read who is writing the posts. We are 2 different people not the same. That makes 2 people that heards boos and everyone sitting around me from both Blackman and Riverdale heard the same thing. The other poster is right that the SRO officers went over to student section after 2nd booing started and stopped it. YOu should see some of the things written on that dry earse board and the students have, pretty offensive at times. I have been a Rutherford County fan for years and have rooted for all County teams. After being a bystander reading the posters on all sports for coach t I have a knew rule....ABB + Anyone But Blackman.

My error on identifying commenters. I mistakenly thought you were the same.

NO error on the boo's. I was there. No one on the Blackman side booed any player receiving awards. At least, certainly no one that was heard by any of us sitting right there next to them. Please take note that at least one of the commenters talking about it wasn't even at the game, but is reporting what he "heard".

But for the sake of argument, let's give it to you that a student may have booed. That's a student sitting in the stands being stupid.

Is that the same as the whole team, sitting in the bleachers in a game they are not playing in, singing, "nah, nah, hey, hey, good bye" when a player from another team fouls out? Is that the same as driving another player into the wall and floor, then high five'ing all the players on the floor? Skipping over to the bench, dancing and gesturing and high five'ing everyone on the bench STARTING out with the Coach?

Whatever!!! Say what you want about Blackman and I'm sure they aren't a bunch of little angels. But I'm not sure I've witnessed such a display of low class behavior as the RD Team displayed at the state tournament in some 25 years or better of following women's basketball from the Parks level to WNBA. They really should represent better and I agree, it is a systemic problem. The "kids" will do what the administrators allow them to get away with.

Thanks for the discussion and I guess this is where we agree to disagree......and I get my green pom poms and cheer on Memphis Central.

All hyperbole and conjecture aside, it was a banner year for girls basketball in the area.

Edited by Hank51

My error on identifying commenters. I mistakenly thought you were the same.

NO error on the boo's. I was there. No one on the Blackman side booed any player receiving awards. At least, certainly no one that was heard by any of us sitting right there next to them. Please take note that at least one of the commenters talking about it wasn't even at the game, but is reporting what he "heard".

But for the sake of argument, let's give it to you that a student may have booed. That's a student sitting in the stands being stupid.

Is that the same as the whole team, sitting in the bleachers in a game they are not playing in, singing, "nah, nah, hey, hey, good bye" when a player from another team fouls out? Is that the same as driving another player into the wall and floor, then high five'ing all the players on the floor? Skipping over to the bench, dancing and gesturing and high five'ing everyone on the bench STARTING out with the Coach?

Whatever!!! Say what you want about Blackman and I'm sure they aren't a bunch of little angels. But I'm not sure I've witnessed such a display of low class behavior as the RD Team displayed at the state tournament in some 25 years or better of following women's basketball from the Parks level to WNBA. They really should represent better and I agree, it is a systemic problem. The "kids" will do what the administrators allow them to get away with.

Thanks for the discussion and I guess this is where we agree to disagree......and I get my green pom poms and cheer on Memphis Central.

All hyperbole and conjecture aside, it was a banner year for girls basketball in the area.

Hank, rooting for Memphis instead of a fellow District team just makes me laugh. Your really that anti-Riverdale that you would rather see the trophy leave the mid-state. Incredible.... My daughter played 4 years soccer for Riverdale and the Riverdale - Siegel rivalry in that sport is comparable to this one in basketball, but let me tell you, as much as we hated Siegel, when our season was over we rooted for Siegel to win it all. This past season we rooted for Oakland when they made it to state.

If Riverdale had made their layups they would have easily repeated, I think they missed 20 tonite. looks like Memphis wins this year

Riverdale only loses one senior starter so look out again next year

Hank, rooting for Memphis instead of a fellow District team just makes me laugh. Your really that anti-Riverdale that you would rather see the trophy leave the mid-state. Incredible.... My daughter played 4 years soccer for Riverdale and the Riverdale - Siegel rivalry in that sport is comparable to this one in basketball, but let me tell you, as much as we hated Siegel, when our season was over we rooted for Siegel to win it all. This past season we rooted for Oakland when they made it to state.

If Riverdale had made their layups they would have easily repeated, I think they missed 20 tonite. looks like Memphis wins this year

Riverdale only loses one senior starter so look out again next year

Mr300. Good to see you on here again. I think the issue stems from Riverdale as a team sitting in the stands rooting and cheering for Memphis Central during the MC Blackman game. Riverdale fans sitting in front of the Blackaman parents actively rooting for Memphis Central. All done for this year. The district should be proud and look forward to some great bball next year. Prayers up and out for the Petty girl.

Mr300. Good to see you on here again. I think the issue stems from Riverdale as a team sitting in the stands rooting and cheering for Memphis Central during the MC Blackman game. Riverdale fans sitting in front of the Blackaman parents actively rooting for Memphis Central. All done for this year. The district should be proud and look forward to some great bball next year. Prayers up and out for the Petty girl.

That's correct. RD certainly had no qualms pulling for Memphis against Blackman. But at the end of the day, it's all a game. And a game played by your kids and our kids. If they let US play you probably couldn't PAY people to come watch!!

It has been a great year. I enjoyed every game. There is great talent in the area and you are correct, RD looks loaded and poised to make another run at it all. Heck, I've even enjoyed arguing on here.

Hope the Petty girl is okay. From the replay it didn't look too bad. Maybe a mild concussion or something?? Just being overly careful with her?? If someone hears anything try to update here.

The "Solidarity" tshirts with "Nobody likes Blackman" on the back that were allowed to be printed AND sold AND worn at Riverdale by the students, including the entire cheerleading squad during the entire game, is a perfect example of the poor sportsmanship that exists and is allowed by the principal. Nobody can defend that.....nobody.