AA Final Four

jwcardin

I'm hoping Cannon and Macon are playing in the championship! I don't know a lot about Liberty, but Macon, Cannon, and McMinn Central are about dead even. Cannon beat McMinn earlier in the year by 9 and McMinn beat Macon by 7 so all 3 teams are very evenly matched and could win on any given night...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Cannon and Macon are playing in the championship! I don't know a lot about Liberty, but Macon, Cannon, and McMinn Central are about dead even. Cannon beat McMinn earlier in the year by 9 and McMinn beat Macon by 7 so all 3 teams are very evenly matched and could win on any given night...

yeah, most everyone is sleeping on the other side of the bracket. But Macon was in the game with mcminn until the final period when mcminn finally put it away. If I remember correctly, macon was ahead at the half and McMinn was ahead by 1 at start of the 4th. So it was a fairly close game. ANY of these teams left are capable of winning on any given day. So, every team better bring their A game.

My comment is my opinion. You take all the past games out of the equation, watch these two this eve, watch how they make dec and handle their team, how they use their timeouts, and how they handle the pressure. Then we will continue this debate. My point will be who is the best coach today not 5 years ago. Heck the coach that does the best may not even win!

Love how you covered yourself with the coach that does the best may not even win!!!! WTH, then just how are you planning on gauging it!!!!LMAO get real they are both good coaches, plus Morgan has the best Assistant coach hands down with coach Young!!!!! No predictions here just expect a great game!!! Go Big Blue!!

yeah, most everyone is sleeping on the other side of the bracket. But Macon was in the game with mcminn until the final period when mcminn finally put it away. If I remember correctly, macon was ahead at the half and McMinn was ahead by 1 at start of the 4th. So it was a fairly close game. ANY of these teams left are capable of winning on any given day. So, every team better bring their A game.

Following MCentral this year, if a person was to go back and look at their half time scores - there were many games that teams were close. 2nd half team for sure! I will agree it will take an overall game today, however if they play to their potential (I assure you that was not even close to the case yesterday) they have the ability to blow teams out. To me it is how this game is officiated that will decide the outcome. If they do not call little hand checks on the perimeter or out of the press and call it tight in the paint MCentral has a big advantage. If it is called tight on the perimeter, advantage Cannon. I just do not think many realize how important this is.

We are down to four....what are your predictions from this point? Any changes from earlier in the week? :popcorneater:

I'd probably be most surprised if Liberty won. That's not a knock on them at all, just that I'm the least knowledgeable of their team than the other three. Any of the remaining four could still win it all.......and a few times it's been a team I've least suspected that carried home the gold hardware.

I'd probably be most surprised if Liberty won. That's not a knock on them at all, just that I'm the least knowledgeable of their team than the other three. Any of the remaining four could still win it all.......and a few times it's been a team I've least suspected that carried home the gold hardware.

liberty definitely has size

My comment is my opinion. You take all the past games out of the equation, watch these two this eve, watch how they make dec and handle their team, how they use their timeouts, and how they handle the pressure. Then we will continue this debate. My point will be who is the best coach today not 5 years ago. Heck the coach that does the best may not even win!

[/qu

You have a good point. We could say five years from now that this was the only team Dodgen took to the state tournament or maybe he's won a few titles by then. I'm just saying to say he's better with what Morgan has done says a lot. I will say that there are a lot of coaches that never get there who are better than both. High school coaches are often times products of the hand their dealt thus they will never get to the big show. I will say that developing skill the Central staff is a s good as anyone. Game adjustments idk but skill development maybe the best. That starts with assistant coach joe young. what Central does is a lot of skill work and run the same simple system every year man press and 4 out motion. as we know at any level to quote coach wooden"the team with the best players , almost always win". The style of play and system win at central and for years to come players will be developed and teams from central will go to the big show. To me that wins out over in game coaching. History proves that. As a big time history of basketball buff I can say only on rare occassions has in game coaching been the major reason a team wins a title. John Wooden rarely scouted and said he felt he didn't have to say anything in a game.he knew his players were better and ready the same is true for coach k. duke runs a high ball screen and man defense. they just play and play well. Coach k isn't the best in game coach like a kevin oneil. I guess what I'm trying to say is whoever wins the state title will 9 out of 10 years have the best players in the field and little to do with x and o's. However, who knows if the players are equal maybe the in game strategy of dodgen will beat the system of mcminn. we shall see soon.

Johnny Morgan: 700+ wins, TSSAA Hall of Fame, 71% winning percentage, 11 District Titles, 10 Region Titles, 20 sub-state appearances, 10 state tourney appearances, 3 silver balls, 2 TN Miss Basketballs (after Saturday)...and you say coaching edge to CC? Good call friend.

Blitzinbuc, you going to chime in & tell Cody it’s not about the “Records,Titles, Banners, Gold or Silver Balls, or Miss Basketballs he has coached†or are you going to pick and choose who you apply your theory too? See I have watched you light the boards up saying all this “stuff†doesn’t matter like with Jackson Co. & LA but when the role is reversed & it’s about McMinn C you don’t say a word. Funny!