3A Preseason Poll

swingjuice

Polk Co. lost a lot of Seniors I believe, might add Sequatchie Co. to the list. Bring back 20+ seniors, including 4 starting O-Line and a 1,000 yrd back

Polk will miss Jared Allen and Mike Hargrove for sure. Both were exceptional players at Polk. This was a group of kids that had played together for a long time. Polk will again be a solid favorite in 5AA. The schedule at Polk is as tough as any in 3A. Coach Davis will have the Cats ready again in 2011.

Polk did lose a lot of great ball players this past year but they only lost two o-linemen and got two to fill that void. Allen and Hargrove was teh leaders so someone is going to have to step up and take that role. But they return a lot of talent and got a great group coming up from the middle school. They got 2 returning backs got a great qb prospect in Duncan Coffey. They should be fine Coach Davis always finds the players that work hard and play hard for him. Polk did pick up Signal Mountain and Central and kept Bradley Central then the district teams of coarse. I'm excited to see how this team plays in the spring but will be without some key players to baseball but great chance for the younger players to get some time in. I'm already ready for the season to start good luck to all the teams this year and hope everyone stays injury free.

Polk will miss Jared Allen and Mike Hargrove for sure. Both were exceptional players at Polk. This was a group of kids that had played together for a long time. Polk will again be a solid favorite in 5AA. The schedule at Polk is as tough as any in 3A. Coach Davis will have the Cats ready again in 2011.

Is Coach Davis from the same mold as his dad, Larry?

I'll go with the following:

1.) Alcoa

2.) CAK

3.) Goodpasture

4.) Milan

5.) Westview

6.) East Literature

7.) Fairview

8.) Camden Central

9.) Polk County

10.) Elizabethton

Are you kidding me?? PC at #9??? This is a team that almost beat, and in some peoples mind did beat CAK. Sure they are losing alot, but also have alot of young tallent coming back.

1.) Alcoa

2.) CAK

3.) Goodpasture

4.) Polk County

5.) Milan

6.) Westview

7.) East Literature

8.) Camden

9.) Fairview

10.)Sequatchie

Is Coach Davis from the same mold as his dad, Larry?

Coach D.Davis is very much like his father. Having the pleasure to play under them both, I can tell you they both demand effort and hard work. One of their big quotes is "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work."

You don't have to be the most talented to play on Friday, but you will be laying it all on the line every play.

Are you kidding me?? PC at #9??? This is a team that almost beat, and in some peoples mind did beat CAK. Sure they are losing alot, but also have alot of young tallent coming back.

1.) Alcoa

2.) CAK

3.) Goodpasture

4.) Polk County

5.) Milan

6.) Westview

7.) East Literature

8.) Camden

9.) Fairview

10.)Sequatchie

Key words: LOSING A LOT and YOUNG TALENT. Maybe talented but with youth they need experience and time to grow...This is just my opinion :thumb:

Both of them are great, and by far the best two coaches to ever coach the wildcats. Coach D. Davis is one of the best D coordinators in the state, and Coach L. Davis is already a ledgend. We will be talking about them in PC for years and years to come! Go Wildcats!

I have known Larry for many, many years. The last time I talked with Larry was when we,Smith County, played PC in the playoffs. At that time, PC had bleachers only on one side of the field. Larry is a super person. I'm glad his son has many of his qualities.

I just love how everybody forgets the Loudon Redskins in these polls but at the end of the season we are always playing Alcoa in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.You would think some of these folks would remember us.

Yes, Loudon should be in the top 10. They always have a good, hard nosed team that makes a run every year it seems.