3A Preseason Poll

swingjuice

I saw East Literature play last year and were a very athletic team. How many seniors did they lose last year?

They were a fairly young squad last year. The 2009 team was actually a team with a load of seniors. I look for East Literature to take major steps forward this upcoming season. David Lipscomb (4A) will be solid as always in that district however I know that both Pearl-Cohn (3A) and Maplewood (4A) lost a good number of seniors off of last year's quarterfinal (PC) and semifinal (MHS) squads.

Alcoa returns a solid core from this past year's team........they'll be a challenge to beat yet again

This upcoming Alcoa team will be again loaded at FB & RB. Vee, Coco, Crenshaw, and Chapman are all different style runners and create defenses different looks.

WR Warfield, Lewis, and TE Owenby will spread the field.

At this point, I expect the OL play to shape up similar to the 2008 team......

General Nix will reload a top rate defense! :thumb:

Who is going to play QB? I know last year the backup QB was the starting Mike linebacker at the state title game (#3 I think????). He was a solid player and I know that Alcoa would hate to take him off of defense.

There's no way Rankin is going to have his QB playing Mike linebacker on defense as well I am sure.....

Alcoa has set the bar in 3A football for several years now. 3A teams across the state,

especially those who have played them, realize what they have to do to compete at that

level.

Milan will be good this year, State finals good, but in 2012, they will have a legitimate chance

of bringing back the GOLD ball to west TN.

Alcoa returns a solid core from this past year's team........they'll be a challenge to beat yet again

Hard to believe, but look for Alcoa to run, or seriously look at, a 3-4 next year. Lack of size for linemen is a concern for Alcoa's defense.

Edited by scooter

I forgot to list the teams, here they are.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Goodpasture

4. CAK

5. Polk

6. Camden

7. Smith County

8. Elizabethton

9. Fairview

10.Bledsoe County

I would put the top 3 Alcoa, Milan, CAK....after that I have no clue.

Polk Co. lost a lot of Seniors I believe, might add Sequatchie Co. to the list. Bring back 20+ seniors, including 4 starting O-Line and a 1,000 yrd back