3A Preseason Poll

swingjuice

I forgot to list the teams, here they are.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Goodpasture

4. CAK

5. Polk

6. Camden

7. Smith County

8. Elizabethton

9. Fairview

10.Bledsoe County

I would put the top 3 Alcoa, Milan, CAK....after that I have no clue.

One of these 3 teams will be in the final Top 10 - Pearl Cohn, East Lit., CPA.

Pearl-Cohn had a bunch of seniors last year, East Lit returns more than PC and of course CP knows more about CPA and their potential.

Actually, I don't know very much about CPA like I used to. Getting more removed from it each year, and with grandson a senior at Smith Co. this year, I will be going to all of their games rather than CPA. Just know from history and experience that at least one of those three teams will be good, maybe all three. PC seems to reload, EL has really developed a good athletic program, especially in football and basketball. CPA lost some good seniors but I do know the strength of their team this coming year will be upfront, which is something they have lacked in the last few years. They have some really good, young linemen, and a legitimate D1 receiver. If young QB develops (new coach will help there), they should be pretty good.

CAK in recent years, as well as Milan in 2008 & 2009, did provide quality competition to the Tornadoes. I would also say Marion County tested Alcoa one year (2008 I think????) in the semifinals.

The closest game Alcoa has played in years, besides Maryville, has been 14-3. They've beaten everyone they've played by 2 or more possessions. It's a great tradition they have going, but I would love to see someone come up, besides Maryville, that can actually beat them.