• Riverside
    • Kings Academy
    • Zion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Webb v. Ensworth could be a very close game. Dont under estimate webb, they might not be as talented but they do have a great coach and a very hard offense to stop.

http://www.Unapproved Website/high-school-football-in-nashville/spartans-have-the-weapons-to-defend-their-division-ii-a-title-1

I think this is a good list the only questionable team on here is FRA. i just dont see them having as good of a year without there 2 star players from last year. As for Dca i believe they have the most depth at the o-line not wr. As for the key losses i think they just put every senior lol even if they didn't play.

I think Webb v. Ensworth could be a very close game. Dont under estimate webb, they might not be as talented but they do have a great coach and a very hard offense to stop.

http://www.Unapproved Website/high-school-football-in-nashville/spartans-have-the-weapons-to-defend-their-division-ii-a-title-1

I think this is a good list the only questionable team on here is FRA. i just dont see them having as good of a year without there 2 star players from last year. As for Dca i believe they have the most depth at the o-line not wr. As for the key losses i think they just put every senior lol even if they didn't play.

Wow that will be an awesome game. Will be interesting to see how webb stacks up.

Wow that will be an awesome game. Will be interesting to see how webb stacks up.

Im hearing my spartans have a lot of work to do. They have all of their skill players back except for qb but only 2 ol or dl with any real game experience. Both their lines are pretty much going to have to be completely rebuilt since only 2 starters return. They have some young talent but not sure if they are ready for the likes of Maryville and Ensworth back to back to start off the season. Webbs coaches seem to always find a way to get new lineman ready but this year will be a huge challenge given the lack of size and youth they have at those positions. Not a lot of depth either with a roster looking to be around 40 including freshmen.

• 4 weeks later...

Knox Webb was 0-5 in Region games in 2008, their last year in D2-AA. Since moving down to D2-A in 2009, Webb has lost only 1 game, with back-to-back state championships. Hopefully, they will get tired of beating up on schools that barely have 100 boys in grades 9-11 (St. George's, the Memphis school that Webb beat in the finals last year, has far less than half the enrollment of Webb). Size of school isn't everything in High School football, but there is some critical mass which must exist to field a truly competitive team. Several of the schools in D2-A have 25 or less senior boys in the entire class in any given year, which makes it hard to compete against schools like Webb, with about 250 boys in grades 9-11. Webb is certainly entitled to stay where they are, but in my opinion, TSSAA should lower the enrollment numbers for D2-A and put Webb back playing against schools of comparable size. For the record, Webb has a larger enrollment than both Ensworth and Brentwood Academy.

Webb did struggle their last year in DII-AA. Going (1-5)in which all games were extremely close, in what many would call a down year for Webb. Going back the year before Webb went 4-2 in conference beating Mcallie, Baylor, PPJII, and BGA, losing to Ensworth and Father Ryan. While Webbs shedule has gotten easier the team has also gotten better. Playmakers all around the ball have made Webb better than even those teams that did beat the large DII teams in the past. Webb however, doesnt have the depth like other large DII teams to play week after week. Having only around 40 players on the roster makes their squad smaller than most DII-AA schools and one injury could be the season. Webb could play with anyone in the state the last couple years, just not consistently week after week.

Edited by Spartan4Life