Unfortunate draw for McMinn Co. in AAA State Tournament

blitzinbuc

I think Bearden has as good a shot as anyone. I mean they played last year's Melrose team to a close game the whole game. At one point they were winning in the 3rd quarter, and they led most of the first half. They ultimately lost the game to the eventual state champions; however, you cannot tell me that there is a team in Tennessee this year that is better than Chris Jones and Melrose last year. My point is Bearden didn't really lose anything. I'll be in attendance for this tournament. I hope it's a good one!

Don't be surprised. White Station played one of the best teams in the country, Findlay Prep, to a 5 point game earlier in the year. Andre Hollins had like 42 or 45 points in that game. He will be the best player at the state tournaments.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First they get Bearden (which is about 40 miles away), and if McMinn were to somehow upset them, then they'd get to play Siegel (most likely). :blink:

how is it unfortunate? The goal is the gold ball....knock out bearden and your bracket is easy...are you saying you want to be on the other half of the bracket where memphis teams have dominated the state final?

craigmont and white station have already advanced to the semi's in their half of the bracket...you wouldn't beat either one of them....Teams who think they are going to win don't care who's in their way...teams who are weak and want to feel good about themselves want soft draws... I think the best 4 teams are in the semi's anyway so it worked out...just a shame west tn has to play each other in the semi's....