District 3 AAA Scores

baseballnut33

Hope someone is getting to play so far! My son's team has been rained out the first 2 days of the season.

If anyone has any scores, please post them here with details of the game if you can.

The only one that I have heard is the Powell-AC score from Monday. Does anyone know of any details of that game. It sounds like a pitchers duel was held up on the hill at AC. Also heard that Karns edged Clinton the other night in another low scoring affair.

Everyone have a great season and enjoy the ride, it doesn't last long!!

Oak Ridge beat Central 12-1 in 5 innings on Monday (3-14) before the rain arrived. Lane for Oak Ridge pitched well, as did the Central pitcher (didn't get the name); unfortunately for Central, their defense let them down and allowed too many unearned runs. I believe the box score only gave OR 3 hits; 12 runs on 3 hits tells the story all too well. Game 2 on Wednesday at Central.

The Powell vs. AC game was a wonderful pitching matchup. This was a great chance to see the top 2 teams in the district go at it early and that is what they both did. Owenby (Powell) and Durand (AC) both threw complete games allowing 1 and 2 runs respectively. To my knowledge, both of these guys are getting big D1 looks from many places including Tennessee and UK. The hitting on both teams was definitely struggling and could not compete with either lefty. I'm sure Powell's hitting will definitely come around, but I am not really sure how AC will be just yet. They will both need great pitching performances for the rest of the season to be able to beat most teams in their district. AC= Pitching with Durand and Williams. Powell= Owenby and HITTING. Can't wait to see these teams later in the year and where these few prospects end up.

The Powell vs. AC game was a wonderful pitching matchup. This was a great chance to see the top 2 teams in the district go at it early and that is what they both did. Owenby (Powell) and Durand (AC) both threw complete games allowing 1 and 2 runs respectively. To my knowledge, both of these guys are getting big D1 looks from many places including Tennessee and UK. The hitting on both teams was definitely struggling and could not compete with either lefty. I'm sure Powell's hitting will definitely come around, but I am not really sure how AC will be just yet. They will both need great pitching performances for the rest of the season to be able to beat most teams in their district. AC= Pitching with Durand and Williams. Powell= Owenby and HITTING. Can't wait to see these teams later in the year and where these few prospects end up.

Powell got another pitching gem to beat Anderson County again tonight (Wednesday), this time from the other Owenby, freshman Hagen. Hagen pitched a 4 hitter and got enough offense to make it stand and get the complete game win in his first high school start.

Tanner Williams of AC pitched well, giving up just 6 hits in the loss.

Good week for the Panthers - 2-0 to start the district season.

Powell plays in the Oak Ridge tourney starting Thursday against Sevier County.