Early AA predictions

GoCrusaders

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty loses a lot next year. BTW could be a force next year with Newby returning....

Terop.Word I have from NWHoopaholic is that BTW is stepping down to Single A.NW does radio for a lot of the area shools in West Tenn and here is his reply to one of my post.

mrbigster, on 17 March 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Heard rumours BTW was stepping down and if so,would be tough.

Nwhoops replied below:

No rumor Bigster, Martavious Newby a Mr. B'ball finalist in AA, and BTW will be joining District 16A along with Memphis Northside next year. The road from the West in Class A keeps getting tougher.

Terop.Word I have from NWHoopaholic is that BTW is stepping down to Single A.NW does radio for a lot of the area shools in West Tenn and here is his reply to one of my post.

mrbigster, on 17 March 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Heard rumours BTW was stepping down and if so,would be tough.

Nwhoops replied below:

No rumor Bigster, Martavious Newby a Mr. B'ball finalist in AA, and BTW will be joining District 16A along with Memphis Northside next year. The road from the West in Class A keeps getting tougher.

Wow I heard rumors about this at the state tourney...If so, they will be very tough as a Single A team..

Don't really know about Bolivar... I might be wrong but I think Robinson, Trey Polk, Sain, and Deandre Mckinney will be returning. I'm quite sure Kessler and Oneal Woods are seniors. Bolivar always retools so they will be alright.

This is correct. Also Jon-Morgan Ransom(starting center sometimes) and Frank Hayes(Role Player) were seniors. They have Chris Woods taking over for O'Neal. The starting 5 will be quick. The question is how deep will the sophomores be. They have potential. And of course with Rudesill on the bench...

CPA loses one senior starter out of first 8 to play. Starters at end of year (won District, lost in semis of Region to finalist, EL)were 3 Freshmen, sophomore and junior. They had 8 freshmen get playing time and only 2 seniors. Last 10 or so games, freshmen accounted for probably 60% of points scored. Preseason starting PG (Cook) never really played all year due to knee injury in football - he will be back as well as a senior, so both projected starting guards will be seniors (other is Bradshaw, who is being recruited by Belmont, among others).

Jalen Lindsey, District 10 tourney MVP, will be a sophomore. It will interesting to see if he gets taller. Doctors had told his parents he should get to 6'11" at some point; of course, they could be wrong. You never know with kids.

Of course, with private schools, there is always the possibility of kids not coming back,keeping up academically, etc.. And injuries can play a big part.

So with that said, if Cook comes back full speed, the rest return, and no major injuries, next year's CPA team could be really special.

I am sure that 2011-2012 will be a "banner" year for CPA. I am sure that they will shore up any holes they may have on the team. It should be a good class of incoming players- only rivaled by the class Ensworth brngs in. I hear that CPA is getting a kid from teh Dickson Co area- dad is a big wig money guy- got to love that equal playing field from TSSAA. But hey, what do you expect when your boys coach is connected to teh admissions department of the shool.

Edited by captnoname