Should Cloudland Be Number 1?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by landersrule:

While SP is basking in their accomplishments, Cloudland is the top scoring team in the STATE.Not just 1A. They are only

giving up 8 points per game and they have beaten 2 4a and 2 2a schools.

You failed to mention that your 2) 4A teams are both 1-5 :(. Also, your 2) 2A teams are 2-4 and 5-1, and are in a region much like our own where there is not exactly the highest amount of competition (no offense intended toward any of the teams).

As someone mentioned earlier, you don't exactly have the toughest schedule around. If the Miami Dolphins played the Cincinnati Bengals week after week, their scores would be high also...wouldn't you think?

GO INDIANS :(:(:(:(

I can tell you all right now cloudland has the best team in school history,maybe they shouldnt be ranked number one but we are proud of what they have accomplished up here in northeast tn. cause they can play with the best of them.I know ezell beat them pretty badly in the championship only because they werent prepared for that awesome passing attack of ezell's.I dont think anyone can beat ezell right now but im sure cloudland would like another shot at them. just because everyone thinks they play a weak schedule dont mean nothing,they played the same schedule last year and made it to murfreesboro,and beat some dang good teams in the playoffs getting there.personally i think ezell should be number one and cloudland number two just by the way they finished last year and the fact that they are returning most of the same players,but thats just my opinion everyone has their favorites and mine is cloudland.you southpitt and ezell guys should just chill out,we will find out soon enough who should be number one in murfreesboro

Guest cloudland98
Posted by piratecountry:

Spoken from a person from upper east tennessee....like i said...jump on anyone's band wagon from that area....the sports writers are biased...

Posted by iuhoosier:

Boyd Buch. and South Pitts. are not better than Class AA junior varsity teams. As for the sportswriters, they do a great job. I am not a Cloudland fan but South Pitt and Boyd Buch. couldn't carry the Highlanders jock strap. It will be Cloudland and Ezell in the finals for round #2 come December.

Rankings at this point and time are worth nothing.Cloudland is definately a very good team.We could have scored alot more and given up alot less if we wanted to.We may or may not win the state but we will do the best of our capability.We always get the most out of our boys and we are very proud of them.I bet all schools wish they could say the same thing.I really believe we have a shot.

Guest cloudland98

I THINK THAT CLOUDLAND THUMP SOUTH PIT LAST YEAR IN THE PLAY OFFS AN THEY WILL DO IT AGAIN THIS YEAR EVEN WORSE

GO LANDERS !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by piratecountry:

Spoken from a person from upper east tennessee....like i said...jump on anyone's band wagon from that area....the sports writers are biased...

Posted by iuhoosier:

Boyd Buch. and South Pitts. are not better than Class AA junior varsity teams. As for the sportswriters, they do a great job. I am not a Cloudland fan but South Pitt and Boyd Buch. couldn't carry the Highlanders jock strap. It will be Cloudland and Ezell in the finals for round #2 come December.

Guest shll83

I think Ezell should be #1 Cloudland should be #2. To Piratecountry, how can you say South Pitt should be ranked higher than Cloudland. If you are going on the schedule, then your in the same boat. I looked at the SOS and Cloudland and South Pitt. are tied in the SOS ranking and the SOS+sucess ranking. Cloudland took South Pitt behind the woodshed last season so you can't be going on that game. Cloudland played the same schedule last year and made to the championship game, so until someone beats them why shouldn't they be ranked atleast #2, :confused:

[Edited by shll83 on 10-8-02 10:14P]

CSense, sounds to me that you have been either living under a rock or you forgot that Cloudland finished runner-up last year. If you are that big of a sore loser then you must have played on one of the teams that we have beaten by fourty or more points in the past couple of years. Obviously, you fell off the Highlander train and bumped your head because we deserve to be either #1 or #2 in the polls. Its not my fault that all of the writers love us! :(