Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

Pretty sure it won't help.

Never hurts to try. If it's concerning the baseball team's record the past two or three years, it's possible my memories are skewed. That does tend to occur with age.

Sorry, I'll have to talk about this more tomorrow, it's past this old man's bedtime. 5 bells comes early.

Tell me which ways you think I'm wrong. I'd be happy to discuss them.

Never hurts to try. If it's concerning the baseball team's record the past two or three years, it's possible my memories are skewed. That does tend to occur with age.

Sorry, I'll have to talk about this more tomorrow, it's past this old man's bedtime. 5 bells comes early.

Tell me which ways you think I'm wrong. I'd be happy to discuss them.

I'm not criticizing your favorite coach. I have no problem with him. I am criticizing the Rhea County administration. I will leave the coach bashing to you. You are really good at trashing coaches, making personal attacks on them, and making slanderous statements. Your job as official coach trasher is safe. You've set the bar so low that most people won't be able to squeeze under it.

It seems to me that you have to offer the position to Coach Cook if he will take it. You could do a whole lot worse than calling the defensive signals at Central. Nobody wants success for the Eagles more than he does and the guy knows football. Supereagle can run his mouth all he wants but Ive not seem him post his coaching credentials. Im really concerned that the coaching staff resigned but is staying as teachers. This is handcuffing the coaching search because no established coach is going to want to step in to a situation where there are no jobs that you can fill with coaches. Lets be honest, these guys were not hired for their teaching ability, they were hired to coach. Like it or not, that is how things work. I can not believe the administration would allow them to stay and not coach. Lets put the ego's and all this garbage aside and give the kids the support they need to compete and be successful. After all, isn't that the goal of school sports?

If what I have heard is true they need to offer Coach Cook the job. At this point going to be hard to land a big name coach. And unless they were holding out on the coach's that stepped down they don't have the money to search much if any.

Do the right thing for the players, the program and the community and bring Coach Cook in as the new head coach. The community support the team hasn't been getting will most likely change overnight.

It seems to me that you have to offer the position to Coach Cook if he will take it. You could do a whole lot worse than calling the defensive signals at Central. Nobody wants success for the Eagles more than he does and the guy knows football. Supereagle can run his mouth all he wants but Ive not seem him post his coaching credentials. Im really concerned that the coaching staff resigned but is staying as teachers. This is handcuffing the coaching search because no established coach is going to want to step in to a situation where there are no jobs that you can fill with coaches. Lets be honest, these guys were not hired for their teaching ability, they were hired to coach. Like it or not, that is how things work. I can not believe the administration would allow them to stay and not coach. Lets put the ego's and all this garbage aside and give the kids the support they need to compete and be successful. After all, isn't that the goal of school sports?

Kif this is the reason Cook needs his shot as head coach. He is a player and community favorite from what I have heard. Cook is a man that wants to see the program successful and competitive on and off the field.

I'm not criticizing your favorite coach. I have no problem with him. I am criticizing the Rhea County administration. I will leave the coach bashing to you. You are really good at trashing coaches, making personal attacks on them, and making slanderous statements. Your job as official coach trasher is safe. You've set the bar so low that most people won't be able to squeeze under it.

My favorite coach hasn't even been mentioned. My favorite coach was Coach Horton. Good try :thumb:

If you'll look you'll see I have praise for Fitzgerald. I did say I liked Caldwell. I like the majority of the coaches that are still at the high school. I've liked most of the past coaches as well. That goes for sports besides football.

The only one you've seen me take a shot at is the glorious ex-OC. The reason I have such a problem with him is NOT his play calling abilities. Yes, I do disagree with his on-field decisions from time to time; I disagreed with Phil Fulmer a few times too, that's football. It's the fact that he is held to a different standard than all other teachers in the county.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Call me what you wish, it's like water off the duck's back :popcorneater:

A few people seem to be getting on the Cook bandwagon. I believe he'd be a great fit for the position. He's a proven winner at a lower level (no, I don't want to argue about middle school). He did well working with the boys while he has been at the high school the past few years. He landed a great job at Central under a great coach. Clearly, people outside Rhea County see him as having great potential.

Maybe he had the vision of becoming a/the head coach eventually when he left his position at SCMS. He knows the system, personnel, and the coaches if he chooses to keep any of them.

Let's get this mandatory waiting period over so the administration can name a coach so these boys can put this behind them and get to work. The countdown to Week 0 starts soon.

And that's just the count from this year.

There is no accountability in the AD's office. We get no explanations, followed by non-answers in the Free Press. Why was the softball coach canned last year? It certainly wasn't wins and losses. A "change in direction" is what we're told. Please.

Maybe Rhea Co. can chime in and tell us how much cash the football team is being forced to drop on these new uniforms so we can comply with the new "kelly green" mandate being forced down everyone's throats. Meanwhile the football stadium is a wreck. We STILL have no track, despite competing on the state level for years now. We've got 4-tone green and Easter pastel yellow literally splattered all over the school. Its an embarassment. It makes it look like we have no pride (or at minimum, colorblind). Its like a 4-year old drew a picture of the school with the leftover crayons nobody ever uses. I could go on, but the point is that this county really does have pride in the school but are being forced to live with the decisions made from on high.

I would compare this coaching mis-management to Mike Hamilton, but at least Hammy can keep his facilities in order.

Nothing will change until people demand it. The problem, ladies and gentlemen, is at the TOP.

Yeah the uniforms I don't remember the exact price tag but it was several thousand dollars to get them and redo every helmet we had. I probably can ask Fitz for the exact amount spent.

But Rusty you do make a lot of good points.

Edited by Rhea Co.

A few people seem to be getting on the Cook bandwagon. I believe he'd be a great fit for the position. He's a proven winner at a lower level (no, I don't want to argue about middle school). He did well working with the boys while he has been at the high school the past few years. He landed a great job at Central under a great coach. Clearly, people outside Rhea County see him as having great potential.

Maybe he had the vision of becoming a/the head coach eventually when he left his position at SCMS. He knows the system, personnel, and the coaches if he chooses to keep any of them.

Let's get this mandatory waiting period over so the administration can name a coach so these boys can put this behind them and get to work. The countdown to Week 0 starts soon.

It's my understanding that there are alot more than a few on the Cook bandwagon. Without a doubt would be a great fit. If the administration cares any at all about the program and the williness of the community support with the program then they need to hire Coach Cook as the new head coach.

As Unsilent said. People outside of Rhea County see's his potential. So let's don't pass up the chance.