AA Rankings in the state

SCOOBYDOO25

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rooster37643

Scoreboard says Elizabethton beat Unicoi Co. tonight 2-1 at Unicoi County. I believe they may deserve consideration for the top 10. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Here come my other ROOSTERS. They can crow real loud win they win but not a peep when they lose.

Here come my other ROOSTERS. They can crow real loud win they win but not a peep when they lose.

No crowing, just reporting a score. Most people thought Elizabethton would drop off after the graduation of pitcher Kadey Robinson. Amanda Schultz has really come into her own in the circle and the Lady Cyclones bats have plenty of pop. They deserve some consideration as a quality AA team.

Well it's like this. The game was 0-0 Elizabethton loads bases after a batter steps into a change up, gets a free pass to load up bases, 2 out speedster hitting(Simmons) hit's back to KW throw's over 1st basemans head for the third out, should have been end of inning got very lucky. No one backing up throw. 2 runs score. We scored 1. KW strikes out 8,2hit's,1 so called hit by pitch. Shultz, 17 popups, good defense. 0 Strike outs, Unicoi 2 errors, 0 Bestsy. turn those 17 connects into ground balls,line drives your done. Game minus Unicoi errors= Unicoi 1 Elizabethton 0. It's ok though, we will be meeting again, and should be another nail biter. :roflol:

As they say a W is a W! Congrats!

Edited by SCOOBYDOO25

Elizabethton is 21-5. They lost their season opener to Johnson County 6-0, but several starters were on the state tournament basketball team and had not practiced. They have beaten Johnson County twice since. They lost three games in an Alabama tournament and lost a 5-4 game to Unicoi County. This team can flat out hit! Erin Kiser has 12 homeruns and Reazyn DeMoss has 6. Four other Lady Cyclones have at least one homerun to give the team over 25 on the season. Amanda Shultz is a solid pitcher. Slapper Kelsey Simmons and Kristen Powell have lightning speed. Flying under the radar, but will be very dangerous in the post season.

Your right did stay with Unicoi 5-4 after a pitcher mistake leaving 1 fat down the middle to tie it up 4-4, what did your big sticks do the last game? They are VERY good power hitters though not taking away from there hitting. :thumb:

Update, after looking around on the Coach T site, here are my top 10 in AA State. Don't get feelings hurt if I missed your school. I will correct if I am wrong.

No particular order just 10.

1)Goodpasture

2)Gibbs

3)Unicoi

4)Covington

5)Westview

6)Creekwood

7)Lewis County

8)Hume-Fogg

9)Dekalb County

10)Chatt. Central :popcorneater:

Post Season just around the Corner. Best of Luck to all!

Not trying to hurt feelings, yes your good, wanted you all to win last year when you had to travel to gibbs in the Sectional, you lost. Sorry, until you put Unicoi out, I stand with my choices. Comparing Shultz to Kadey thats difference in opinion, though Shultz is good.

Well it's like this. The game was 0-0 Elizabethton loads bases after a batter steps into a change up, gets a free pass to load up bases, 2 out speedster hitting(Simmons) hit's back to KW throw's over 1st basemans head for the third out, should have been end of inning got very lucky. No one backing up throw. 2 runs score. We scored 1. KW strikes out 8,2hit's,1 so called hit by pitch. Shultz, 17 popups, good defense. 0 Strike outs, Unicoi 2 errors, 0 Bestsy. turn those 17 connects into ground balls,line drives your done. Game minus Unicoi errors= Unicoi 1 Elizabethton 0. It's ok though, we will be meeting again, and should be another nail biter. :roflol:

As they say a W is a W! Congrats!

My perspective is close to the same with a few exceptions. Starting with the "so called" hit by pitch. The ball legitimately hit the batter. I was standing close to the backstop and while KW pitched well and had good command of her pitches most of the night, there were a few change ups that floated in on batters more than she seemed to intend. Secondly, there was 1 error on Betsy which resulted in the lone Unicoi run. All three runs scored in the game were unearned. Game minus all errors = 0-0 at the end of regulation play. While I'm sure Unicoi is disappointed in the 17 fly-outs, Shultz deserves credit for only giving up 1 hit. There were at least two fantastic defensive plays for the Lady Cyclones that took potential Unicoi hits away. Both games so far have been close ones (decided by 1 run each time). I suspect we may meet again at least 1 more time and, if we do, I expect another good game.

Guest rooster37643

My perspective is close to the same with a few exceptions. Starting with the "so called" hit by pitch. The ball legitimately hit the batter. I was standing close to the backstop and while KW pitched well and had good command of her pitches most of the night, there were a few change ups that floated in on batters more than she seemed to intend. Secondly, there was 1 error on Betsy which resulted in the lone Unicoi run. All three runs scored in the game were unearned. Game minus all errors = 0-0 at the end of regulation play. While I'm sure Unicoi is disappointed in the 17 fly-outs, Shultz deserves credit for only giving up 1 hit. There were at least two fantastic defensive plays for the Lady Cyclones that took potential Unicoi hits away. Both games so far have been close ones (decided by 1 run each time). I suspect we may meet again at least 1 more time and, if we do, I expect another good game.

Face it scooby until the lady devils beat betsy the next time they play we're going to have to listen to this crowing. One game makes a season for the Eliz. bunch. Funny thing though you never hear from them until they beat Unicoi County. I never read a thing in paper about the tournament Eliz. played in Alabame and not winning a game. Must of been an over site. At least that gives Fritz something to write about in JC Press. After this last write up I hope we can expect a good write up in paper about Lady Devils every time they win because the only time he puts anything in there is when they lose. I've let the sports editor know that we expect more coverage now.

Face it scooby until the lady devils beat betsy the next time they play we're going to have to listen to this crowing. One game makes a season for the Eliz. bunch. Funny thing though you never hear from them until they beat Unicoi County. I never read a thing in paper about the tournament Eliz. played in Alabame and not winning a game. Must of been an over site. At least that gives Fritz something to write about in JC Press. After this last write up I hope we can expect a good write up in paper about Lady Devils every time they win because the only time he puts anything in there is when they lose. I've let the sports editor know that we expect more coverage now.

There was no "crowing" in my post. I simply responded to Scooby's post with a couple of corrections and a few added details. By the way, I need to correct your post as well since Betsy did win 1 game in Alabama. Unicoi has a great team again this year and has been the standand by which others are measured in East TN for years. I haven't seen anything in the posts to dispute that. This was just one game and Betsy won this time (deservedly so). Yes there were some uncharacteristic mistakes in the game, but that's part of it. No kid on any team goes on the diamond intending to make a bad pitch, boot a grounder, or make a bad throw. Like Scooby said, "a W is a W." My only point is that Elizabethton deserves some credit for the win.

Guest rooster37643

This appears to be a case of the proverbial "pot calling the kettle black" to me...By the way, what's with the 37643? Are you a Unicoi mole hanging out in Carter Co.? LOL :rolleyes:

Carter County maybe but I'd rather live in an out house as Elizabethton. But of course Elizabethton is used to county players they recruit so many of them.

:thumb:

Your exactly right, the rule states the batter must attempt to avoid the HP. The batter on a 45 mph change up leans into. Yes KW did float them in towards the batter's that just goes back to the officiating crew,"Judgement call" I guess? Anyway not trying to brow beat or make excuses you all played well, we hit the ball UP as we have been doing. Not trying to take anything from Amanda, good pitcher! Congrats! Hey folks let go, Etown,and Etown are both well coached, with good player's! Adults here please. I know ,I've done the child hood B.A thing. Good compitition is what we want on both sides!

Edited by SCOOBYDOO25