Oak Ridge Football

Yeah, Jaylin Henderson is concentrating on Basketball, and Kevin Steen baseball if i am not mistaking? Jaylin i was excited about, but these days kids dont play multiple sports like they used to when i was growing up. Most kids like to play one sport that offers them the best chance to go to college with. I dont guess i can blame them. Jaylin is a gonna be a very very good point guard for OR in the future. We need him after losing Lonnie from last years team.

Also Blade and many other coaches around the state don't always want their kids playin other sports. They want them to focus on football and only football so they can be the best they can be at football. because of this some kids just stay focused on one sport. i was also in on a conversation where steen and another kid were talking about whether steen should play football or not and the other kid asked "what sport are you best at?" steen answered with "baseball" so the kid told him "then focus on baseball the rest of high school" and i think thats when he made his decision. so that helps froning out but blade will be at a loss unfortunately.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Blade and many other coaches around the state don't always want their kids playin other sports. They want them to focus on football and only football so they can be the best they can be at football. because of this some kids just stay focused on one sport. i was also in on a conversation where steen and another kid were talking about whether steen should play football or not and the other kid asked "what sport are you best at?" steen answered with "baseball" so the kid told him "then focus on baseball the rest of high school" and i think thats when he made his decision. so that helps froning out but blade will be at a loss unfortunately.

Yeah, can understand that. Just seems to me he would wanna play football, cause OR is never really that good in baseball, i would want to maybe be a part of something special with the football team myself. His choice though and his future. It is what it is, wish him the best either way.

Yeah, can understand that. Just seems to me he would wanna play football, cause OR is never really that good in baseball, i would want to maybe be a part of something special with the football team myself. His choice though and his future. It is what it is, wish him the best either way.

He is a natural baseball player. Played with him last year. Kid can sling it. His future is definitely in baseball especially with his uncle being a scout for the Brewers. He threw low to mid 80s as a freshman. he needs to focus on his location and i think that is why he's not playing football. he also has a sick curve ball and knuckle ball to go with the heat. personally i think he made the right decision.

He is a natural baseball player. Played with him last year. Kid can sling it. His future is definitely in baseball especially with his uncle being a scout for the Brewers. He threw low to mid 80s as a freshman. he needs to focus on his location and i think that is why he's not playing football. he also has a sick curve ball and knuckle ball to go with the heat. personally i think he made the right decision.

well, that is awesome, i look forward to watching him play baseball.

Yeah, Jaylin Henderson is concentrating on Basketball, and Kevin Steen baseball if i am not mistaking? Jaylin i was excited about, but these days kids dont play multiple sports like they used to when i was growing up. Most kids like to play one sport that offers them the best chance to go to college with. I dont guess i can blame them. Jaylin is a gonna be a very very good point guard for OR in the future. We need him after losing Lonnie from last years team.

SweetScience , you do realize that if Bradley Zulleger goes down with an injury , we have NO quarterback!!!

Didnt Rian Hall play qb in middle school?

He was. But he also has a hard time remembering the plays. He's used to just having to know what one position does, he's not used to having to know what every guy on the field is doing including the defense. They should have had him practicing with qbs all throughout high school instead of towards the end of the season last year. That also takes him away from his primary position which is tailback or slot receiver I'm not sure where they have him playing this year. So who will fill that role? O.R. will have a tough time with depth for now but this program continues to rebuild and they will gain depth in the years to come. Look out for the O.R. vs Maryville game to become the game talked about all over the state and the winner of that win state in the next few years.

He was. But he also has a hard time remembering the plays. He's used to just having to know what one position does, he's not used to having to know what every guy on the field is doing including the defense. They should have had him practicing with qbs all throughout high school instead of towards the end of the season last year. That also takes him away from his primary position which is tailback or slot receiver I'm not sure where they have him playing this year. So who will fill that role? O.R. will have a tough time with depth for now but this program continues to rebuild and they will gain depth in the years to come. Look out for the O.R. vs Maryville game to become the game talked about all over the state and the winner of that win state in the next few years.

I heard that R. Hall had an outstanding spring practice running the ball. So i would assume he will be the starting tailback as of right now. Things could change though between now and week 1.

I heard that R. Hall had an outstanding spring practice running the ball. So i would assume he will be the starting tailback as of right now. Things could change though between now and week 1.

Yeah, Blade said he was running the ball like a man possessed in the spring. If something happened to Zulliger we would put Hall At QB i am assuming and make matt moore the RB. He can burn it, was on OR's track team. Hopefully we wont have to worry about though. Hey 7timeandcounting, how are the freshman team and middle school teams looking? I live in Maryville so i am not in the know like i used to be. We got anything coming up to be excited about?

You remember adrian porter from a few years back at OR? played QB? well, thats hall's half brother, he was a pretty outstanding QB while at OR

Yeah, Blade said he was running the ball like a man possessed in the spring. If something happened to Zulliger we would put Hall At QB i am assuming and make matt moore the RB. He can burn it, was on OR's track team. Hopefully we wont have to worry about though. Hey 7timeandcounting, how are the freshman team and middle school teams looking? I live in Maryville so i am not in the know like i used to be. We got anything coming up to be excited about?

i actually have no idea. graduated and im goin to school in daytona beach now so i don't really know haha. but i'm not so sure about matt moore at running back. was on the team with him as well and joe cobb is more suited for running back than moore. moore is like a fluud kinda guy that just has speed. cobb will knock heads