Anderson Co. Jamboree?

92Dragon

Clinton just gave up last year. Did you go to the game? It was like the kids didnt want to be there and that falls on the coaches. I agree it will be a good game. They could be alot riding on this game to make the playoffs for both teams. . Oak ridge, Powell, HV, is all going to be tough. If it does come down to week 10 :popcorneater:

I agree Space. They did give up. I have always liked Shattuck, but maybe this change is exactly what Clinton needed. The reason i say that is i think this team will be more disciplined and hopefully never give up and play their hearts out until the end of every game.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Space. They did give up. I have always liked Shattuck, but maybe this change is exactly what Clinton needed. The reason i say that is i think this team will be more disciplined and hopefully never give up and play their hearts out until the end of every game.

I really think Josh has some quality players at Clinton to work with. They always have. Also if he is anything like his dad then this will be a war this year. If teams are not ready for Clinton then we are going to see a lot of upsets. And I say upsets only because of CHS current projected ranking, not what I would predict. As always, AC and OH will be the two teams that CHS can beat. I just hope someone takes Powell out they definitely will be the team to beat! CCHS will call it a great season if they can take out AC . I know Campbell Countians; if they can beat AC then that is there season, you will not hear the last of it. LOL

92 it was rumored that he was going to be a Maverick. Which I figured would come true, since he was a Laker as youth player. We would have liked to had him but I give him credit for sticking to his guns. Hey Jep, dont think AC wont be ready for Clinton and CC. AC/Clinton has always been a blood rivalry, these kids have despised each other since little league. And Mavericks and cougars have never played well together. Now with former Mavs running both programs, theres even more at stake. Shew, cant wait- Its gona get heated out there.

92 it was rumored that he was going to be a Maverick. Which I figured would come true, since he was a Laker as youth player. We would have liked to had him but I give him credit for sticking to his guns. Hey Jep, dont think AC wont be ready for Clinton and CC. AC/Clinton has always been a blood rivalry, these kids have despised each other since little league. And Mavericks and cougars have never played well together. Now with former Mavs running both programs, theres even more at stake. Shew, cant wait- Its gona get heated out there.

Yea AC#22 this will be one of the most exciting seasons in a while. Unfortunately what could happen is that Anderson County as a Whole will knock each team off the block and none of them make the playoffs. I know I know I am being negative but this truly can happen. Of course this happens in knox county every year except Anderson County is smaller and less teams. Especially with Hardin Valley. I am just not sure how they do that with 6A when you consider conference placement for the Payoffs. Any input here from the rest of you guru’s here.

Like coach gillum told the players last year. Nobodys gona feel sorry for you cause we have 6a teams in our district now. You just keep giving your best effort every practice and every friday night. No matter what the score is or what your record is. You have to develope a never give up attitude from week 0 all the way to the playoffs and hopefully beyond. At the end of your season if you can look in the mirror and say you did all you can do then your a winner. This year will be no different. A dogfight week in week out. I just hope we're ready for the challenge?

HOOK EM' HORNS GO MAVERICKS!!!!

By the way, Jep who do you pull for?

Well AC#22 I am up in the air on that one. LOL I am pulling for your son 100% this year! I have met Mr. Gillum and know his history. He is an excellent coach! He and I have had some encounters over the years but we are still friends ïŠ we may have our differences but you will find your answer when you tell him you post with Joey on coachT! Oh and Please tell me his response; that will be interesting. But do not expose me. :)

Jeo, I agree that Josh has some very good players but he will deff have to coach them up. I'm a little worried about clintons skill players, but I am not worried at all about their line. There big, strong, and really seem to work as a team. Like Ive said before I'm a fan of all Anderson County Teams when their not playing Clinton. OR should be very good this year if they continue what they did last year. AC will be good but I'm a little worried about their line. I have a family member on the team and he said their skill players were really good but he also said that their line isn't very good at all. It's gonna be a interesting year but it seems to me that OR has the only veteran team in this area....both Clinton and AC or extremely young.

Jeo, I agree that Josh has some very good players but he will deff have to coach them up. I'm a little worried about clintons skill players, but I am not worried at all about their line. There big, strong, and really seem to work as a team. Like Ive said before I'm a fan of all Anderson County Teams when their not playing Clinton. OR should be very good this year if they continue what they did last year. AC will be good but I'm a little worried about their line. I have a family member on the team and he said their skill players were really good but he also said that their line isn't very good at all. It's gonna be a interesting year but it seems to me that OR has the only veteran team in this area....both Clinton and AC or extremely young.

Kidd, I feel the same way with Anderson County teams too! I am wondering if AC and Clinton will keep the ball on the ground this year maybe in an attempt to overcompensate there young teams. If so they will have to have an excellent defense against the pass. I would think they may do that. AC will always have a good quarterback; the coach is just a natural in developing quarterbacks. This will be a tough challenge for Josh and I would think he will be hard to read for OH and AC; this will be such an exciting season just hope my work does not transfer me too soon to Seattle, would love to see some of these games.

After watching spring practice, i feel the same way you do kidd. I believe our line is gonna be pretty good, as long as everyone stays healthy. I believe we have a good stable of running backs, but im concerned about our receivers more than anything kidd. Im also a little unsure as to what kind of defense we are going to have too. Having the Catholic scrimmage cancelled, hurt us a little bit because we were wanting to see what we looked like against another team.

Kidd, I feel the same way with Anderson County teams too! I am wondering if AC and Clinton will keep the ball on the ground this year maybe in an attempt to overcompensate there young teams. If so they will have to have an excellent defense against the pass. I would think they may do that. AC will always have a good quarterback; the coach is just a natural in developing quarterbacks. This will be a tough challenge for Josh and I would think he will be hard to read for OH and AC; this will be such an exciting season just hope my work does not transfer me too soon to Seattle, would love to see some of these games.

I believe AC is sitting in a pretty good position for this season. They just lost their All-State QB and most people might not be expecting alot out of them this year because of that. Look at what Tennessee did the year after Manning left. Especially if AC's defense is better than last years, who knows how far this AC team could go?