CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

i can see what you're saying to a point, and by no means am i saying any coach is ''better'' than the other, but gwinnett county schools are a mega district, but that doesn't mean that the years spent building the program they had mega talent or great athletes. north gwinnett had maybe a handful of winning seasons in the school's entire history before hammontree was coaching there. they also beat brookwood, a solid winning program for the first time in school history.

fitzgerald is good coach, you can see that from his records, but you also have to think, the record AFTER hammontree left is better than before, the records for maryville were better after the program was built and stood on solid ground when hammontree left after the 15-0 record in 98... north gwinnett was built and started to succeed and continue on with a winning program after hammontree left there. the ground work and blue prints were put in place for those schools to find success with the discipline instilled in the kids and the work ethic that hammontree brings. not everything is broadcast through newspapers, online forums, or winning/losing records. everything must be taken into consideration when hiring a coach, the level of respect he demands, his work ethic, his knowledge about the game, the desire he has to build a program for the boys that play and for the school, for the community that those boys are representing and how much he cares for those boys that are becoming men.

i wish clinton the best of luck with whoever they choose. should be interesting who comes out on top come may 2nd.

I have read all these post on the Clinton coach search. I will say this. Those of you on the Hammontree wagon better think real hard on it. He Is Not the guy you all need. One of the worst mistakes Rhea County made was hiring him as Head Coach. My self I hope you guys find the right fit, but trust me it's not Hammontree.

I know a couple of players that like Kerr and would like to see him get the job.

I don't know if the Clinton faithful can swallow that decision. I do hear that Daddy Kerr is bending the ear of the Chairman of the Anderson County BOE to try to help out his son. I don't think that people on the south end of the bridge will deal with well with Dr. Burrell selecting an AC product for the Clinton job. You would have to think that Daddy and others would play a prominent role in the coaching of the team. I think this might bring about a major uprising from many of the Dragon faithful. Kerr's appointment as an assistant created some strong ripples with the Dragon family. I don't know if the powers that be want to deal with the waves that would follow a Kerr hiring as head coach. Best of luck to the committee and their choice. The Dragon program needs a well-considered and wise choice at this point.

according to reports, interviews don't even start till next week, so nobody has taken any reigns.

[/quot

From a VERY reliable source within the Clinton program, I've heard that Bear Bryant will be the head coach, and the Easter Bunny will be the DC. Offense will completely be left up to the players on the field.