CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

There is a list of 33 applicants interested in the Clinton Head Coaching job. Several from out of state, plus some local guys.

Danny Adams- Winfield, AL

Bruce Barberi- Benington, NE

Jonathan Beverly- Lexington, KY

Ryan Bolinger- Maryville, TN

Wiley Brackett- Kingston, TN

Michael Burns- Reunion, FL

Jeff Cortez- Lenoir City, TN

Danny Davis- Tioga, PA

Jack Depew- Johnson City, TN

Michael Engler- Lexington, KY

Jason Fitzgerald- Dayton, TN

Greg Fowler- Deltona, FL

Kevin Golta- McEwen, TN

Shane Goodwin- Clarksville, TN

Douglas Green- Cleveland, TN

Tim Hammontree- Maryville, TN

Scotty Herrell- Clinton, TN

Josh Kerr- Knoxville, TN

Tracy Malone- Sparta, TN

Matthew McKee- Carthage, MO

Ryen K. Milton- Kingsport, TN

Joseph Moos- Cornersville, TN

Bradley Nix- Murfreesboro, TN

Justin O'Toole- Ten Mile, TN

Justin Price- Jacksboro, TN

Robert Reeves- Maryville, TN

Jake Roberts- Lebanon, TN

Morgan J. Shinlever- Knoxville, TN

Josh Wallace, Ashland, VA

Kenneth Wakefield- Glen Allen, VA

David Ward- Lawrenceville, GA

Aaron Wells- Lafollette, TN

The list will be narrowed this week and a new coach will be named in early May.

I would go after these 4 I would hire Hammontree in a heartbeat

1. Tim Hammontree- Maryville, TN

2. Tracy Malone- Sparta, TN

3. Jason Fitzgerald- Dayton, TN

4. Scotty Herrell- Clinton, TN

I dont know much about any of them other than...Price, Herrell, Brackett, Reeves, and Wells. I am a big fan of Scotty Herrell and the kids love him, but i would like to see some fresh new ideas....im not sure Herrell would bring that. I think we need a new offense and we need alot of work on our defense. Someone new might just bring in the intensity this team needs.

I dont know much about any of them other than...Price, Herrell, Brackett, Reeves, and Wells. I am a big fan of Scotty Herrell and the kids love him, but i would like to see some fresh new ideas....im not sure Herrell would bring that. I think we need a new offense and we need alot of work on our defense. Someone new might just bring in the intensity this team needs.

Tim Hammontree was head coach at Maryville in the 90's & coached at Rhea Co.

Tracy Malone is the current head coach at White Co and was an asst. at Riverdale under Ranklin

Jason Fitzgerald is head coach at Rhea Co.

Tim Hammontree was head coach at Maryville in the 90's & coached at Rhea Co.

Tracy Malone is the current head coach at White Co and was an asst. at Riverdale under Ranklin

Jason Fitzgerald is head coach at Rhea Co.

Was Hammontree the HC at Maryville in 92'? We beat Maryville that year 46-14....its funny how things change. How about 98' when Maryville won a state championship?

Edited by 92Dragon

they would be stupid not to hire Hammontree. great record, great experience, great motivator. he would get this program going and take pride in being a dragon. just my opinion.

Hammontree was the asst. head coach and defensive coordinator at East Paulding HS in Dallas, GA. Their team finished 11-3 last season averaging 30 pts per game and giving up only 12.

Edited by 92Dragon

I just can't believe that they are waiting till May to name a HC. I know that this decision is a big one but we must remember how big spring practice is for high school football. Who do you think is the frontrunner? Who has the best record?

Yeah look what happened at Auburn in 2009 when they hired a guy with a 5-19 record as a head coach. Silly Rabbits :roflol:

Everyone on the Auburn hiring committee had masters degrees in perspective.

:huh:

All joking aside, I do wonder who will interview. Let's play conspiracy... You wait a month to start interviews, hiring done by the 2nd according to paper, and spring training starts the 3rd. Does that mean the hiring process is just a hoax and they plan on hiring from within? Who else could take over a program in 24 hours?

Yeah look what happened at Auburn in 2009 when they hired a guy with a 5-19 record as a head coach. Silly Rabbits :roflol:

Everyone on the Auburn hiring committee had masters degrees in perspective.

:huh:

All joking aside, I do wonder who will interview. Let's play conspiracy... You wait a month to start interviews, hiring done by the 2nd according to paper, and spring training starts the 3rd. Does that mean the hiring process is just a hoax and they plan on hiring from within? Who else could take over a program in 24 hours?

It wouldnt surprise me at all if Josh Kerr or Scotty Herrell end up being named head coach. Josh Kerr is the interim coach for the time being.