South Pittsburg vs North Jackson

TrainTracks99

TrainTracks just saw in the paper yesterday where this rumor actually has legs! This game would be the biggest the Sequatchie Valley has seen since 94 and 95 SP vs MC.... Ole faithful how about u tell us how many years it's been since the Bridgeport and Stevenson games took place? TrainTracks always wished we could've played them in 98 but couldn't take a forfeit from Midway at seasons end to make it materialize...This game would be of EPIC proportions and would be easily the biggest gate in 20 plus years....Finally a chance to shush the idiotic people in Alabama that always claimed Alabama football was on a different level....Hopefully this becomes a reality

Edited by TrainTracks99

TrainTracks just saw in the paper yesterday where this rumor actually has legs! This game would be the biggest the Sequatchie Valley has seen since 94 and 95 SP vs MC.... Ole faithful how about u tell us how many years it's been since the Bridgeport and Stevenson games took place? TrainTracks always wished we could've played them in 98 but couldn't take a forfeit from Midway at seasons end to make it materialize...This game would be of EPIC proportions and would be easily the biggest gate in 20 plus years....Finally a chance to shush the idiotic people in Alabama that always claimed Alabama football was on a different level....Hopefully this becomes a reality

TT, tc played hazelwood, al back in 99 and while they were probably more talented than we were, we beat them convincingly. they were a great representative of their state football at that time, but they showed us absolutely nothing that would indicate that alabama football was anything more than par with tennessee football. i hope yall "jacket rule" anyone and everyone from that state. :thumb:

TT, tc played hazelwood, al back in 99 and while they were probably more talented than we were, we beat them convincingly. they were a great representative of their state football at that time, but they showed us absolutely nothing that would indicate that alabama football was anything more than par with tennessee football. i hope yall "jacket rule" anyone and everyone from that state. :thumb:

Yeah SP beat the 1A state champs in Alabama after I graduated but in their mind that's no comparison...Would will be a awesome atmosphere to say the least...Probably better than last years Signal game and that says ALOT

We should b pretty nasty this year...Still haven't heard when spring practice will start though...Who is looking like the team to give you guys a run for it this year?

Edited by TrainTracks99

Yeah SP beat the 1A state champs in Alabama after I graduated but in their mind that's no comparison...Would will be a awesome atmosphere to say the least...Probably better than last years Signal game and that says ALOT

We should b pretty nasty this year...Still haven't heard when spring practice will start though...Who is looking like the team to give you guys a run for it this year?

fcs has some very fast kids, but our coaching advantage levels that out. of course in all likelyhood we would end up playing them twice, which is never easy. other than that, barring another egregious t$$aa misclassification, i think things look good for us. lost alot in the line but, retained most of skill players. i wasn't very impressed the west side of the bracket in 2a last year, unless a sleeper out their makes leaps and bounds during this off season i don't see a gold ball going there this season.

i'd say the pirates are heavy favorites this year. i was pretty dissappointed with jo byrns showing in cookeville last year, i think if that one kids hadn't gotten that concussion it could have been a much more entertaing game. i'd like to see you all meet again this year.

fcs has some very fast kids, but our coaching advantage levels that out. of course in all likelyhood we would end up playing them twice, which is never easy. other than that, barring another egregious t$$aa misclassification, i think things look good for us. lost alot in the line but, retained most of skill players. i wasn't very impressed the west side of the bracket in 2a last year, unless a sleeper out their makes leaps and bounds during this off season i don't see a gold ball going there this season.

i'd say the pirates are heavy favorites this year. i was pretty dissappointed with jo byrns showing in cookeville last year, i think if that one kids hadn't gotten that concussion it could have been a much more entertaing game. i'd like to see you all meet again this year.

Yeah I was thinking that there would b quite a gap between u guys and the next team....Losing that guy for JB hurt but I still think it would've been a three score win...SP defensively should be lights out this year...Offensively we have plenty to reload from :)

Injuries and Egos are only thing keeping this team from winning the programs first back to back state titles....Those kids have NEVER lost except State Champ game 2 years ago....Sometimes the ME starts coming first instead of team and you take winning for granted....Happens ALOT at successful schools...Especially with the skill players but hopefully someone or something will help them see the big picture....If not then with soo many star quality players this team has the potential to implode...Hopefully the head would never let that happen

Yeah I was thinking that there would b quite a gap between u guys and the next team....Losing that guy for JB hurt but I still think it would've been a three score win...SP defensively should be lights out this year...Offensively we have plenty to reload from :)

Injuries and Egos are only thing keeping this team from winning the programs first back to back state titles....Those kids have NEVER lost except State Champ game 2 years ago....Sometimes the ME starts coming first instead of team and you take winning for granted....Happens ALOT at successful schools...Especially with the skill players but hopefully someone or something will help them see the big picture....If not then with soo many star quality players this team has the potential to implode...Hopefully the head would never let that happen

Old Pirate says them youngons fron the speedway better git busy in the weight house,cause the Ala take the weight training serious and theys will be like a bunch of rabid pit bulldogs.

It's no comparison because a 1A team in Alabama is usually a consolidated school in Tennessee or a co-op program. As for SP playing North Jackson that might be a good game. I'll bet your enrollments are pretty close. North Jackson is 4A in Alabama. They would be 1A or 2A in TN. Find the best team in Alabama with equal enrollment then talk that trash volunturds.

It's no comparison because a 1A team in Alabama is usually a consolidated school in Tennessee or a co-op program. As for SP playing North Jackson that might be a good game. I'll bet your enrollments are pretty close. North Jackson is 4A in Alabama. They would be 1A or 2A in TN. Find the best team in Alabama with equal enrollment then talk that trash volunturds.

:roflol: Old Pirate says here is a REAL TRUE BLUE SKILLET HEAD :roflol:

North Jackson has 453 students 9-12 and classify as a 4a team with 360 students 10-12

South Pittsburg has 235 9-12 which is also what they classify in Tennessee. If S.P.

were in Alabama they would be a low 2A school.

North Jackson has 453 students 9-12 and classify as a 4a team with 360 students 10-12

South Pittsburg has 235 9-12 which is also what they classify in Tennessee. If S.P.

were in Alabama they would be a low 2A school.

No, they would be a 3A school Sir. Washington County is the smallest Alabama 3A with a 222 enrollment. So if you want to compare Apples to apples take them pirates down to Leeds and get you some of that big dog.

Alcoa would be 4A and would have matched up with Thomasville.

Signal Mountain would have been 4A with their original #'s and 5A with the new #'s.

That would have matched them up with Thomasville or if they were determined 5A Spanish Fort.

Columbia and Maryville would both be 6A and would have to face Daphne.

Greeneville would be 5A and would face Spanish Fort.

Of the 6 matchups, only Alcoa would (possibly)beat their Alabama opponent.

Not only are the #'s different in Alabama but also the enrollment rules. In Alabama, if you enter a new school as a ninth grader and didn't move into the school district you would have to sit out a year. If you move houses in the same school district whether you move or not you would have to sit out. How would that affect Alcoa?

It's not the athletes or the coaches that make TN HS FB inferior to Alabama. It's the system and the pay at even the best schools.

No, they would be a 3A school Sir. Washington County is the smallest Alabama 3A with a 222 enrollment. So if you want to compare Apples to apples take them pirates down to Leeds and get you some of that big dog.

Alcoa would be 4A and would have matched up with Thomasville.

Signal Mountain would have been 4A with their original #'s and 5A with the new #'s.

That would have matched them up with Thomasville or if they were determined 5A Spanish Fort.

Columbia and Maryville would both be 6A and would have to face Daphne.

Greeneville would be 5A and would face Spanish Fort.

Of the 6 matchups, only Alcoa would (possibly)beat their Alabama opponent.

Not only are the #'s different in Alabama but also the enrollment rules. In Alabama, if you enter a new school as a ninth grader and didn't move into the school district you would have to sit out a year. If you move houses in the same school district whether you move or not you would have to sit out. How would that affect Alcoa?

It's not the athletes or the coaches that make TN HS FB inferior to Alabama. It's the system and the pay at even the best schools.

Kind Dufus, you did not read the post well at all. Alabama uses 10-12 to classify its schools.

Tennesse classifies using 9-12. I said that NJHS has 453 9-12 and 360 10-12 that is a defference

of 93 kids. SPHS has 235 9-12 which is their classification number.If you used 10-12 as the classification

basis then you subtract the 9th grade take lets say 60 students from SPHS then you would have 175

kids for classification in Alabama which is low 2A or high 1A. I think thats a big difference.