Homeruns

coachh17

I am just curious about the frequency of homeruns across the state. When I was coaching back in the 90's they were very rare. You could count the number of homeruns in school history on one hand. Elizabethton has hit 25 in 26 games so far this season. Granted, some of the homers have come against weaker teams, but you still have to hit it over the fence. One player has 12 (she hit 14 last year), one 6, and four others have at least one. They are very good players, are strong and well-conditioned, and they work extremely hard on their hitting. Is this just an exceptionally powerful team, or are other parts of the state experiencing similar power surges. I know that the bats and balls are better now and pitchers throw harder and more consistently, but I am just curious what others think about the increase in homeruns.

200 ft (and some parks are 10-20 feet short of that) is not very far given the strength training, hitting lessons and advanced bats these girls are using/getting these days...

Agreed with the above. Still great pitching out there but not nearly as much as there used to be. It has to be a contributing factor.

:rolleyes:

Fixed bats also contribute to the homers. i know some teams who have those bats. not quite fair, don't ya think?

:rolleyes: Well everybody is throwing from 43 ft. I'm sure just the teams that beat certain teams and homer on certain pitchers have "fixed" bats!!!

What is a "fixed" bat??? Is that like a Illegal bat?? Or is that one that was broken and put back together with "special" glue?????

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Well everybody is throwing from 43 ft. I'm sure just the teams that beat certain teams and homer on certain pitchers have "fixed" bats!!!

What is a "fixed" bat??? Is that like a Illegal bat?? Or is that one that was broken and put back together with "special" glue?????

Don't forget the duct tape too! LOL!! :roflol:

200 ft (and some parks are 10-20 feet short of that) is not very far given the strength training, hitting lessons and advanced bats these girls are using/getting these days...

All the above, and most are committing year round. Girls and boys are being asked to commit to one sport by thier coaches. AAU, TRAVEL BALL, PRIVATE LESSONS, STRENGTH TRAINING, HITTIHG & PITCHING LESSONS, BETTER AND VERY EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT, SUMMER WORKOUTS, of course the atheletes are doing better at all aspects of every sport. PLAYERS and PARENTS are commiting exclusivly to thier sport. That's the difference in kids sports of today and yesteryear.