MEAN JEAN"S Fearless Forecast (Top 5 Games of the

meanjean

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie(5-1) at Baylor(5-0)

Well it looks as though the Chattanoogie area has stepped it up this year and takes a back seat to no one in the Division II-AAA wars. You got to like a game where both schools designate their mascots with colors. The Blue Tornado and The Red Raiders! Baylor is rolling along in the midst of an undefeated season while McCallie has reeled off 5 in a row after an opening game setback to another Chattanoogie school, Tyner. If I were near Lookout Mountain this weekend, I would want to see this game because of the offensive fireworks that will no doubt take place. It will be a dandy and with Baylor at home and gunning for an undefeated season, you just got to go with them, right? heh heh

McCallie 35 Baylor 33

=================

MBA (4-3) at Brentwood Academy (4-2)

Both of these teams need a momentum boost after suffering losses last week. The Big Red needs it worse, to be quite frank. Three losses by a total of 13 points give that sickening feeling deep into the inner regions of the old gut. Lot's of folks are just glad to see the Academy with two losses (by a total of 2 points) BA has become the Yankees of the high school football scene, the team you love to hate. Success breeds contempt, that and a lawsuit. But Mean Jean is not here to preach about the political makeup of things but to predict a score and I can do just that.

Brentwood Academy 31 MBA 21

Mean Jean is now a Coach T Plus member and can be reached via private messaging or by e-mail at:

meanjeanfromfairview@yahoo.com

I appreciate the response. A common misconception about McCallie-Baylor is that it will be played at Baylor. The game is a McCallie home game to be played at Finley Stadium. Starting two years ago, McCallie moved their home games for the series to Finley, hoping that Baylor would agree to play there every year. Baylor refused and kept their home games at Baylor, and we responded with a 44-14 romp at their place last year.

Posted by meanjean:

McCallie(5-1) at Baylor(5-0)

Well it looks as though the Chattanoogie area has stepped it up this year and takes a back seat to no one in the Division II-AAA wars. You got to like a game where both schools designate their mascots with colors. The Blue Tornado and The Red Raiders! Baylor is rolling along in the midst of an undefeated season while McCallie has reeled off 5 in a row after an opening game setback to another Chattanoogie school, Tyner. If I were near Lookout Mountain this weekend, I would want to see this game because of the offensive fireworks that will no doubt take place. It will be a dandy and with Baylor at home and gunning for an undefeated season, you just got to go with them, right? heh heh

McCallie 35 Baylor 33

=================

MBA (4-3) at Brentwood Academy (4-2)

Both of these teams need a momentum boost after suffering losses last week. The Big Red needs it worse, to be quite frank. Three losses by a total of 13 points give that sickening feeling deep into the inner regions of the old gut. Lot's of folks are just glad to see the Academy with two losses (by a total of 2 points) BA has become the Yankees of the high school football scene, the team you love to hate. Success breeds contempt, that and a lawsuit. But Mean Jean is not here to preach about the political makeup of things but to predict a score and I can do just that.

Brentwood Academy 31 MBA 21

Mean Jean is now a Coach T Plus member and can be reached via private messaging or by e-mail at:

Your wish is my command:

*Christian Brothers(4-2) at Briarcrest(5-1)

Ah Briarcrest, you got to love a team whose head coach is named Hugh Freeze! And

a Christian school with the nickname, Saints. Briarcrest has dropped only one game thus

far and that to the Academy (Brentwood). They are smelling success. The Purple Wave has lost

two nail biters, by two to Melrose and by five to MBA. This is a game of prominence

in the provate school sector in Memphis. And although they have a better record and are

playing at home, it's not going to be enough.

Christian Brothers 17 Briarcrest 14

==============

BGA(4-2) at David Lipscomb(5-1)

Coach McCadams has once again got the Mustangs in the midst of another exceptional season.

If they could just get rid of that blasted achilles heel up around Madison, uh... Goodpasture?

They entertain the Academy from the Battle Ground this week and as always, it should be quite

an impressive outing for fans of both schools. BGA plays a tough schedule, give them credit..

And in this game, it will make a differance, not enough mind you, but still a differance.

David Lipscomb 19 BGA 17

==============

Fairley(7-0) at MUS(4-3)

Mighty Fairley is playing like gangbusters under the direction of Rainman Slocum. Undefeated

after seven games with aspirations of an undefeated season. MUS is kind of sleepwalking thru

a 4-3 season, not really in line with the storied tradition of Owl's football? So what

could you expect? Fairley waltzes in and does a number on MUS? Not this week.. HA Just to show

you that Mean Jean can pick the upset, here we go:

MUS 26 Fairley 21

==============

Houston(6-0) at Collierville(4-2)

I got a brother-in-law who lives at the Collierville exit but my mother-in-law lives between

Germantown and Cordova. If either of them knew one thing about football, I would ask their

advice. But since golf is their sport of choice, it is left to Mean to use logic and strategy to

prognosticate a winner. Aw come on, who am I kidding? This is a piece of cake.

Houston 33 Collierville 13

==============

Hunters Lane(3-3) at Beech(5-1)

Two words for Beech, be afraid.... and three more, be very afraid. The Bucs have reeled off five in

a row since a season opening loss to Dickson County and are coming off a big emotional win over big

rival Hendersonville. All of which lends itself to the makings of an upset? Hunters Lane has dropped

three straight after opening with three wins. But the losses have been close games to quality

opponents. They are hungry and Beech had best forgotten last week's win by now. I am very tempted...

but I'll resist and say...

Beech 27 Hunters Lane 21 (2 OT)

Mean Jean is now a PLUS member, you may message me there or e-mail me at: