Who in E TN needs a solid senior RH pitcher next year?

volman044

Maybe you should teach your son a little about perseverance. Challenge your son to demonstrate some leadership ability, especially being a senior. These young men dont need Big league facilities to form the comradery quality teams possess. This is indicitive of the "Free Agent" mentality kids today have. There are some great life lessons your son will never learn about overcoming lifes obstacles because you have already taught him to quit! heck, lets all throw in the towel, quit trying to improve our own situation and move our kids east to play for Farragut!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would depend on a lot of things in my opinion. How far east do you want to go. Do you want to go to AA or AAA. I have watched a lot of baseball this year, and facility wise, the best are Farragut, CAK, and Catholic. If you go a little further east, Sevier County has a very nice indoor facility and their field is coming along.

You are never guaranteed to get along with coaches. Again, there are those who many say are the better coaches: Farr(CAK), Buckner(Farragut), Catholic's Coach. Further east there is Guinn(Pigeon Forge), Treywick(Sevier), and Jeff County's new coach seems to be good, even though he inherited a lot of talent.

There are tons of option, but all of the GOOD options have pretty good programs and who is to say that your son would be good enough and would be happy being a number 3 or 4 pitcher.

Lots to think about especially considering he is a Senior.

Good Luck!!!

The only way you can be eligible is to move. If your are going to do that you should play in AAA. The others are so weak it wouldn't give your son the chance to pitch against top competition.

Maybe you should teach your son a little about perseverance. Challenge your son to demonstrate some leadership ability, especially being a senior. These young men dont need Big league facilities to form the comradery quality teams possess. This is indicitive of the "Free Agent" mentality kids today have. There are some great life lessons your son will never learn about overcoming lifes obstacles because you have already taught him to quit! heck, lets all throw in the towel, quit trying to improve our own situation and move our kids east to play for Farragut!

Normally I would agree with you 100%. I sorry to say this place is actually my alma mater. This particular situation however has circumstances that no kid should ever have to over come. All I'll say is that not all people are fair and honorable in this world. Hence the source of the frustration. Thanks for the comments though.

The only way you can be eligible is to move. If your are going to do that you should play in AAA. The others are so weak it wouldn't give your son the chance to pitch against top competition.

We are actually hoping to move to AAA for the competition. By the way, I have found that there is actually another way to transfer and remain eligible. That is, if a parent works full time for the particular school. This is an option we are looking into now. Thanks for the reply! :)

If I suggested a private school would that be a form of recruiting?

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem is I'm currently living just outside the 20 mile radius "district boundary" the the TSSAA establishes for private schools. To transfer and remain eligible this is a must.

It would depend on a lot of things in my opinion. How far east do you want to go. Do you want to go to AA or AAA. I have watched a lot of baseball this year, and facility wise, the best are Farragut, CAK, and Catholic. If you go a little further east, Sevier County has a very nice indoor facility and their field is coming along.

You are never guaranteed to get along with coaches. Again, there are those who many say are the better coaches: Farr(CAK), Buckner(Farragut), Catholic's Coach. Further east there is Guinn(Pigeon Forge), Treywick(Sevier), and Jeff County's new coach seems to be good, even though he inherited a lot of talent.

There are tons of option, but all of the GOOD options have pretty good programs and who is to say that your son would be good enough and would be happy being a number 3 or 4 pitcher.

Lots to think about especially considering he is a Senior.

Good Luck!!!

All great suggestions! I'm hoping we can stay in knox west if I can. Thanks!

All great suggestions! I'm hoping we can stay in knox west if I can. Thanks!

Old Pirate ain't much on BB, but the Pirates are a young team and doing awlful well and talk is theys will be tuff next year! OP read where theys 30+ & 2 this year and the futeball folkes is gotten them jocks out of place a waiting on some to get back to earholing practice! :roflol:

Hardin Valley

Take it from someone who should have moved his son also, there are many schools in the knox area that can get your son the facilities, support, coach and $ for gear and most of all, the exposure that he can't get at alot of struggling programs.

Hardin Valley went from a program that didn't exist and after 3 years they have won the 3-AAA tournament and it looks like they will continue to climb. Coach Renegar is an excellent coach and does things the right way.

My son plays in this district and I wish that we would have moved for him to play in a few of this districts programs.

Good Luck!

• 6 months later...

Take it from someone who should have moved his son also, there are many schools in the knox area that can get your son the facilities, support, coach and $ for gear and most of all, the exposure that he can't get at alot of struggling programs.

Hardin Valley went from a program that didn't exist and after 3 years they have won the 3-AAA tournament and it looks like they will continue to climb. Coach Renegar is an excellent coach and does things the right way.

My son plays in this district and I wish that we would have moved for him to play in a few of this districts programs.

Good Luck!

Search my previous posts, I called this back in late 2008. Coach Renegar does it the right way and good things will come about as they did in spring of 2011.

Unhappy father would like to give his son at least one year on a REAL baseball team before he graduates. About the Player: VERY solid RHP with a low ERA of 1.55 for the 2011 season. This kid can make anyone's starting rotation. He also has great character and work ethic, and a solid Christian who gets along great with everyone. Current situation (AA Program) is very disheartening. The lack of facilities, coaching, and team camaraderie makes it hard to endure. Anyone who knows of a good program who's one good pitcher away from making a serious run next year please let me know! We're willing to relocate. email: riverdog069@yahoo.com

Karns coach is a really good pitching coach and they don't really have a good right handed pitcher. Your son would get to potentially pitch against Farragut, Powell, Halls, Grace, Hardin Valley....he would really get to see how he stacks up. I would go to the school and enroll before the Knox Co. system gets out for Christmas.