CoachT Stinks now...

easttnref

Over the last two years the soccer boards have completely dropped off. What would everyone say the reasons behind this are. The other sports boards seem to still be generating alot of chatter. Soccer I cant even find District tournament matchups being talked about. Its sad! At one point it was fun to get on here and talk, but now nothing....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last two years the soccer boards have completely dropped off. What would everyone say the reasons behind this are. The other sports boards seem to still be generating alot of chatter. Soccer I cant even find District tournament matchups being talked about. Its sad! At one point it was fun to get on here and talk, but now nothing....

Soccer! Your Joking?! The lack of interest should tell you about the lack of interest of youre chosen sport.Dew soccer refs get free admission?You think Im joking but Im not Joking.

Soccer! Your Joking?! The lack of interest should tell you about the lack of interest of youre chosen sport.Dew soccer refs get free admission?You think Im joking but Im not Joking.

You're wrong. I remember in 08, there was a new post every single time i checked it. There was topics about individual games and many topics i remember had 5-7 pages. I could bump one from back then just to show an example. Under one topic about a certain district, we talked about All-district players, District Goalkeeper MVP, you name it... There was as much talk on the soccer board in 08 as there is the baseball board right now. CoachT as a whole, is not as used as it once was

Well district 10 A-AA seems to be crateing a little chatter.

That thread was an average sized thread back then. It wouldve been expected.

Here, this is the old 9-AAA thread for example. look at the difference from the chatter on this one, compared to the current 9-AAA thread.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/170810-9-aaa/

Edited by manthrust

You're wrong. I remember in 08, there was a new post every single time i checked it. There was topics about individual games and many topics i remember had 5-7 pages. I could bump one from back then just to show an example. Under one topic about a certain district, we talked about All-district players, District Goalkeeper MVP, you name it... There was as much talk on the soccer board in 08 as there is the baseball board right now. CoachT as a whole, is not as used as it once was

Why don't you just go back and read those? They're probably just as timely now, as they were then. Try being smooth...smooth like Keith's Stones.

Possibly, soccer's waning popularity could be attributed to the difficult economic conditions faced by school districts across this great blessed State. As a cost cutting measure, I suggest since the soccer season doesn't overlap with the field hockey season, the skirts could be used as uniforms for both sports...let's not let this fad die. Also, even if the seasons overlap, schedule the games for different days... ;)

Edited by Waterboy96

Dear easttnref,

People ain't playing less soccer, maam, they're just too prideful to shame their kids by talking about it in public forums.

Your Obedient Servant,

Capt. Ferguson

Edited by ChampFerguson

Possibly, soccer's waning popularity could be attributed to the difficult economic conditions faced by school districts across this great blessed State. As a cost cutting measure, I suggest since the soccer season doesn't overlap with the field hockey season, the skirts could be used as uniforms for both sports...let's not let this fad die. Also, even if the seasons overlap, schedule the games for different days... ;)

If worse comes to worst, they can combine the boys' socccer team with the boys' softball team. LOL

I think a lot of that is due to simple math...

14 teams in your district + 6 different counties = A lot more people around to talk about it

Oh how I miss the days when 7 teams was too many to schedule.

But I agree about the general lack of interest in the soccer boards. I think a lot of the legends have moved on. Where's BigG when you need him? If girls soccer is dead in the fall, then we've got a problem.