Smyrna Coaches

I don't want to start any rumors so I am hoping someone can set this straight. I was told that several of the coaches at Smyrna were leaving for other jobs.

A ) Is this true?

B ) If so, who is leaving?

C ) Are they leaving for better jobs or being forced out?

Thanks!

Edited by JustinCredible

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to start any rumors so I am hoping someone can set this straight. I was told that several of the coaches at Smyrna were leaving for other jobs.

A ) Is this true?

Thanks!

All these Smyrna fans on the boards and no one has any info?

Strange! <_<

I have several Gallatin buddies and it was common knowledge that the Williams brothers are very special to Green Wave fans. They left there to coach here if I am remembering it right. I would guess that maybe the head coach is contemplating retirement and Mark is wanting to be considered as his replacement with this move. That is purely speculation on my part at this point though.

Edited by 2priceless

I have several Gallatin buddies and it was common knowledge that the Williams brothers are very special to Green Wave fans. They left there to coach here if I am remembering it right. I would guess that maybe the head coach is contemplating retirement and Mark is wanting to be considered as his replacement with this move. That is purely speculation on my part at this point though.

I'd say you are in the right direction for sure

You are all over it P2!!!

A ) Is this true?

Thanks!

A total of eight Smyrna coaches are leaving. Seven for other coaching jobs and one is leaving the school system .

These coaches are leaving for other opportunities...when yr hot people want you!

Williams

Keasler

Brooks

Embry

Duncan

Jones

Vassar

Platt

Edited by AmericanBullDog

A total of eight Smyrna coaches are leaving. Seven for other coaching jobs and one is leaving the school system .

These coaches are leaving for other opportunities...when yr hot people want you!

Williams

Keasler

Brooks

Embry

Duncan

Jones

Vassar

Platt

I thought the exodus would not come until next year! :popcorneater:

That's what people do when the talent level is low.

When the bandwagon slows people jump.

Or could it be the head coach is hard to be around?

From my ears, it sounds like a little of both. Only 2(maybe 3) of the ones listed I count as taking higher level jobs.

The important questions now are who are some of the replacements and where are they coming from? Who is calling the offense and defense?