Greenfield at Decatur Co. Riverside

volfan007

The game tonight between Greenfield Yellowjackets and the Decatur Co. Riverside Panthers was a real, true baseball game....every fan got their money's worth....what a game.

Dalton Potts of Greenfield and Stephen Gant of Riverside had a true pitchers duel....it was 0-0 going into the 7th....with 2 outs, a Riverside player hit a slow bouncer to our 2nd baseman, and he just lost the handle on the ball trying to make the throw to 1st for the 3rd out in the bottom of the 7th...the man on 3rd scored due to the error, and Riverside won 1-0...

Awesome game...lots of great pitching...lots of great defense....not much hitting, though....

That game was maybe the best I have ever saw. Riverside and Greenfield are the two best teams in the state and that was the state championship game. That came directly from Dusty Rhodes mouth. Dalton Potts and Steven Gant both allowed only two hits a piece. Potts kept the BEST hitting team in the STATE to only two hits and that was simply amazing. Greenfield should not have allowed Union City to beat them Wednesday and they would be going to the state tournament. I know TCA is a great team but they would not have sniffed Potts. Riverside fans were a class act and I just hate that the Greenfield boys do not get a chance to go contend for a title because they deserve it. NOBODY will play Riverside like that again and you can bank on that. Only gripe was the umpire behind the plate was pitiful, both ways. Was not consistent what so ever. He did hurt the Greenfield hitters because he was calling strikes letter high, and you cannot catch up to a ball at your letters when Gant pitches. Great job both teams, could have went either way!

The game tonight between Greenfield Yellowjackets and the Decatur Co. Riverside Panthers was a real, true baseball game....every fan got their money's worth....what a game.

Dalton Potts of Greenfield and Stephen Gant of Riverside had a true pitchers duel....it was 0-0 going into the 7th....with 2 outs, a Riverside player hit a slow bouncer to our 2nd baseman, and he just lost the handle on the ball trying to make the throw to 1st for the 3rd out in the bottom of the 7th...the man on 3rd scored due to the error, and Riverside won 1-0...

Awesome game...lots of great pitching...lots of great defense....not much hitting, though....

Could't agree more, but this was no surprise to me,this was real baseball. With Potts and Gant on the mound

hitters better have an approach at the plate .Potts was masterful, and Gant was on with his power fastball. With pitchers at this level, high school hitters are not going to muscle past their errors. Simply put, good piching stops good hitting every time. Its a shame it ended on an error, but then again thats baseball. It was a joy to watch these two young men on the mound!

Great pitching usually stops good hitters.

Any idea where the umpiring crew was from? Which association, I mean?

Great pitching usually stops good hitters.

Any idea where the umpiring crew was from? Which association, I mean?

Without a doubt this was the best game I've seen in several years. Put away the argument that this was single A ball. I've seen all classifications play this year and it will stand the test. Again the pitching on both sides was amazing. I'm stunned by the maturity that both Gant and Potts exhibited. Mound savvy, pitch command and being the 5th infielder proved that these young men are ready to pitch at the next level. I've read about the umpiring crew at this game , but that's high school umpiring . The pitching talent at that game was at a much higher level than the umpiring crew was prepared for. The two young men, that pitched this game should be proud of themselves. Good luck in their future baseball careers.

Without a doubt this was the best game I've seen in several years. Put away the argument that this was single A ball. I've seen all classifications play this year and it will stand the test. Again the pitching on both sides was amazing. I'm stunned by the maturity that both Gant and Potts exhibited. Mound savvy, pitch command and being the 5th infielder proved that these young men are ready to pitch at the next level. I've read about the umpiring crew at this game , but that's high school umpiring . The pitching talent at that game was at a much higher level than the umpiring crew was prepared for. The two young men, that pitched this game should be proud of themselves. Good luck in their future baseball careers.

Umpires never beat you. YOu may get bad calls, but that's baseball. I will agree some umpires are better thatn others but for the most part do the best they can just like the kids do. My hats off to the guys in blue for they don't pay enough to take the verbal abuse at some of the games. I know that everyone pays their admission and can yell and scream but most of those guys do it for the love of the game. I can't imagine working 8 hours at my regular job then spending my free time away from my family for $65-$85 for 3-4 hours of work in the hot sun and listening to the crowd want to lynch you. Got to given them credit for their love of the game.

Umpires never beat you. YOu may get bad calls, but that's baseball. I will agree some umpires are better thatn others but for the most part do the best they can just like the kids do. My hats off to the guys in blue for they don't pay enough to take the verbal abuse at some of the games. I know that everyone pays their admission and can yell and scream but most of those guys do it for the love of the game. I can't imagine working 8 hours at my regular job then spending my free time away from my family for $65-$85 for 3-4 hours of work in the hot sun and listening to the crowd want to lynch you. Got to given them credit for their love of the game.

As an umpire, I want to thank you for your remarks.An umpire should be prepared for whatever level of pitching we see in these games, however. I wasn't trying to bash my fellow blues..just wondering what association had this game.