Farragut vs Soddy Daisy

FARRAGUTADGRAD

I'm just saying your pitching isn't good enough.

First of all, I'm not from Soddy, but we played them last year and their pitching was pretty good. From what I understand, they are only losing 1 starting pitcher. Second, I don't understand why people think that the only way you can win is if you have someone who throws in the 90's. Ringgold had 3 pitchers who threw in the 90's, which is almost unheard of, and they didn't win their state. Give me someone with a sick curveball and a decent changeup any day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm not from Soddy, but we played them last year and their pitching was pretty good. From what I understand, they are only losing 1 starting pitcher. Second, I don't understand why people think that the only way you can win is if you have someone who throws in the 90's. Ringgold had 3 pitchers who threw in the 90's, which is almost unheard of, and they didn't win their state. Give me someone with a sick curveball and a decent changeup any day.

It takes more than a hard throwing pitcher to win state. It takes a good team that can field and have timely hitting along with a group of pitchers that have good command of their pitches. A hard throwing pitcher that can't get the ball over the plate is worthless.

The number 2,3,4,& 5 hitters for good teams can hit the fastball. Often they can't hit something with a wiggle in it. Most of the fire ballers are throwers and often find themselves in 2-0, 3-1, and 3-2 counts. The good pitchers are the ones that are always 0-2 and 1-2. The throwers get to the fifth inning and have thrown 110 pitches. The good pitchers get to the fifth inning having thrown 70 pitches.