Rhea County Coaching Search

have enjoyed your updates! since you are in the know, are the interviews over?

Yes all the interviews are over for football. I talked to messimer for an hour afterwards and he said it could be as soon as tomorrow afternoon or wednesday morning when they are going to tell who got the job. I think there are 4 or 5 solid coaches that are in the running but we should know pretty soon who they pick. Each coach has their upsides and their downsides, its going to be a tough call on who to go with.

Also in other coaching news they made an offer to I believe his named is Justin Price to be the new soccer coach this morning and it was also mentioned they are trying to hire the new softball coach by the end of the week.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Coach Cook would have a lot of support from the community. Coach Cook has a lot of pride in being an alumni of Rhea Co. He knows football and will work as hard as humanly possible as the football coach. I think he will get the most out of the players.

Good post. Cook would have alot of community support.

Yes all the interviews are over for football. I talked to messimer for an hour afterwards and he said it could be as soon as tomorrow afternoon or wednesday morning when they are going to tell who got the job. I think there are 4 or 5 solid coaches that are in the running but we should know pretty soon who they pick. Each coach has their upsides and their downsides, its going to be a tough call on who to go with.

Also in other coaching news they made an offer to I believe his named is Justin Price to be the new soccer coach this morning and it was also mentioned they are trying to hire the new softball coach by the end of the week.

Rhea Co who are the 4 or 5 solid coach's you speak of and some info on them.

Well I have meet with all of the coaches and I have to say my top 3 in no particular order.

Jeremy Bosken

Coach Cook

Doug Green

All three I was just thrilled to be around. They all are sharp individuals and they get it. They know what they want and how to do it. All three are solid picks

Who is Doug Green and where is he from?

"...could be as soon as tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning..." and could be even longer before the candidate they choose commits. If they take any time at all to mull over the offer before accepting, we could be another week maybe two, without a head coach. We're looking dead season straight in the eye. The "administration" needs to quit wasting time and put somebody at the helm. Our team needs structure and stability today, not tomorrow or next week. I just hope the players will individually commit to putting in personal workout time during the two week break.

Two weeks of workouts in. Not a great showing for our hometown boys. Many, many missing players.

But that was to be expected without a head coach. Mitchell and Davis are putting the boys through the workouts. Mitchell is the interim head coach but Davis has organized the lifting and running program.

The players who show up seem to working hard, but there is just not enough of them. Incoming freshmen seem to be the most consistent showing up. With interviews done, I will say that not hiring Davis would be a mistake. Five years in the program and knowing what we have coming back gives us the best chance to be successful. The timing of all this was bad, but Cook left before spring practice began. Cameron resigning, Fitzgerald resigning and than Hampton joining them. Also Jason Smith and Jesse Smith left before any of that.

Some stability would be what we need for the boys and as quick as possible.

Two weeks of workouts in. Not a great showing for our hometown boys. Many, many missing players.

But that was to be expected without a head coach. Mitchell and Davis are putting the boys through the workouts. Mitchell is the interim head coach but Davis has organized the lifting and running program.

The players who show up seem to working hard, but there is just not enough of them. Incoming freshmen seem to be the most consistent showing up. With interviews done, I will say that not hiring Davis would be a mistake. Five years in the program and knowing what we have coming back gives us the best chance to be successful. The timing of all this was bad, but Cook left before spring practice began. Cameron resigning, Fitzgerald resigning and than Hampton joining them. Also Jason Smith and Jesse Smith left before any of that.

I don't see this happening.

I don't have a dog in the race when it comes to being a parent of a player. But I do know several players and the reason they are not showing up is because of Davis.

Cook left to become a coordinator something he would have not gotten if had stayed on with the past staff. He bleeds Rhea County and Rhea County football. Besides Cook is a big player favorite. You don't believe it go get the team together and take a poll. To be honest at this point Cook is probably the only one that could keep this team together.

Fitz resigned because he said the administration would not work with him. Cameron and Hampton followed Fitz.

So as far as trying to stay on a time schedule here since the administration is dragging there feet, they need to hire Cook as head coach. To all involved in the hiring process this is one you want go wrong on.

The fact that we have a school board member in on this hiring committee tells me all I need to know.

Can they just end the suspense and let Bimbo tell us who he has selected as our new head coach.

I think these guys here are too hung up on "this coach" or "that coach" to realize that they're being sold a bill of goods here.

Like I said before (and your comment confirms it) the real problem is much higher up. Wake up, people.

I think these guys here are too hung up on "this coach" or "that coach" to realize that they're being sold a bill of goods here.

Like I said before (and your comment confirms it) the real problem is much higher up. Wake up, people.

As it was explained to me, school board members have absolutly NO power when it comes to the hiring or firing of teachers/coaches. Those decisions are left up to the principal and director of schools. So if that be the case why in the heck do we have the owner of the local greasy spoon interviewing coaches? I mean if this is how we are going to do things why not have the interview process right there in the gym. The bag boy from Bi-Lo and the greeter at Wal-Mart may want to ask a few questions as well.

Levingood and Messimer are cowards.

Levingood is playing scared because he knows how close he was to not getting the job in the first place. Now the people who swung the vote in his favor have full on power to do what they wish at this county's expense.

Messimer is content to just ride this thing out and not rock the boat. He knows that NO other DOS in their right mind would appoint him principal of the high school. It takes more than a Stetson hat and a pair of Wranglers to run a school.