Rhea County Coaching Search

I don't have a dog in the race when it comes to being a parent of a player. But I do know several players and the reason they are not showing up is because of Davis.

Cook left to become a coordinator something he would have not gotten if had stayed on with the past staff. He bleeds Rhea County and Rhea County football. Besides Cook is a big player favorite. You don't believe it go get the team together and take a poll. To be honest at this point Cook is probably the only one that could keep this team together.

Fitz resigned because he said the administration would not work with him. Cameron and Hampton followed Fitz.

So as far as trying to stay on a time schedule here since the administration is dragging there feet, they need to hire Cook as head coach. To all involved in the hiring process this is one you want go wrong on.

If a player is skipping practice because of a coach, that's a cop out. I do have a dog in the race and there is no way he would be allowed to skip practice just because he doesn't like the way practice is run or who is running it. This is football practice not a playdate. I like Davis and I think he would bring discipline to the team and if it's true that players aren't showing up because of him, it sounds like the team NEEDS discipline. On the flip side, my son likes Cook a lot. I don't know much about him so I can't comment on him. I just want the decision made so the team can regroup and move forward.

Well everybody I need to say something and it pains me to say it but here I go. I knew this day was coming from a long time ago and well I will no longer be apart of the program or posting out here. I think it is best for me personally and I don't want to step on anybody elses toes. I'm sorry to those who I have offended, and I never meant for things to go down like they did. I have been told there are some people who are mad at me for sharing what I know in particular the events of yesterday. I apologize for whatever I did wrong and made you mad. Again it pains me since I have devoted thousands of hours, effort, money, and support to not only football at the high school but several other sports and other programs with in the school as a student and alumni. I wanted to thank all of the people out here who I have grown to know over the last few years I have been out here and through Rhea Co. athletics. I hope to still continue to support the guys on the football team and other sports. However, at this point I don't know if I will ever come back to another event. Again I'm sorry but this is the last time I will post.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

Well everybody I need to say something and it pains me to say it but here I go. I knew this day was coming from a long time ago and well I will no longer be apart of the program or posting out here. I think it is best for me personally and I don't want to step on anybody elses toes. I'm sorry to those who I have offended, and I never meant for things to go down like they did. I have been told there are some people who are mad at me for sharing what I know in particular the events of yesterday. I apologize for whatever I did wrong and made you mad. Again it pains me since I have devoted thousands of hours, effort, money, and support to not only football at the high school but several other sports and other programs with in the school as a student and alumni. I wanted to thank all of the people out here who I have grown to know over the last few years I have been out here and through Rhea Co. athletics. I hope to still continue to support the guys on the football team and other sports. However, at this point I don't know if I will ever come back to another event. Again I'm sorry but this is the last time I will post.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

Sorry to hear this, your posts have been informative and well written. I have not seen anything you've written that seemed offensive or biased, can't imagine how someone would get their feelings hurt. But we do live in a society of whiners and cry babies that are looking to be the victim. I hate to see you go.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

Sorry to hear this. You have gone above and beyond to keep us fans up to par each week on the opponent and so forth. And I for one appreciate it. You are welcome anytime to join us in conversation on here. Thank You.

Rhea Co I have never read anything on this board from you that was controversial or confrontational in nature that would cause anyone to be angry with you. You have only provided information on the team and the search for our new coach, which is what we want. Funny no one seemed offended when you gathered stats and opponent of the week information during the season. But when it comes down to sharing what's really going on behind the scenes during this "search" for a new coach, that's when people get offended and nervous.

You have displayed a love for Rhea County athletics. If someone's pissed because you "shared" what went on yesterday then it sounds like they're trying to hide something. Don't let someone take away something you clearly enjoy and take pride in and that's our high school sports programs. If you do that, they win.

Hope you rethink your decision and change your mind.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

Chicken #### administration. Don't let them get you down buddy.

Well Mr. RheaCo,

It has surely been a pleasure reading all of your posts over the years. From you weekly scouting reports, to your practice coverage, stats, playoff scenarios, etc., it has truly been a good time. Thank you for all of the many, many hours you spent watching film, gathering information, and going to practices in support of our Golden Eagles. I still remember when you started taking stats for the baseball team while still in high school. From that you went on to football, where you did so much so the common fan could have an idea what was going on.

I'm glad to hear you've graduated from ETSU, and I hope your career takes off fast. Good luck in all you do. I'm sure I speak for the majority of fans (if not all), we hope that you will still love the Green and Gold and will one day rejoin us.

Thank you Mr. Meadows.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

This is my first post, I have read Coach T for years and now due to adminstration I have decided to share my opinion! Rhea Co all I can say is THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING ON AND OFF THE FIELD! You have made this Rhea County football community very informed weekly on our opponent, updates on practices, and now on the search for a new head coach. SHAME ON YOU ADMINSTRATION AND SCHOOOL BOARD!!!!!!! This is a football county and we want a new head coach to be able to fill those big shoes of Fitz! Yes I am a supporter of Fitz and Coach Cameron! Remember posters this is my opinion! I want a coach that loves those boys and the GREEN AND GOLD (or kelly green and yellow)just as much as Fitz and company did! I am no football expert by any means, but when adminstration wants to know who all the posters are on COACH T and pushes Rhea Co to no longer be a part of Rhea County football, I have problem with that! And yes I know my opinion doesn't matter too much! But I am in those stands every friday night, and basically all week long working and getting things ready for friday night. In my opinion that makes the hiring of a new head coach my business. I want the best for Rhea County football. I don't want one school board member to decide who is the coach because he will get a vote at the next election! Adminstration this is a public forum, we have a right to post opionions this is America! Rhea Co. please don't admistration win, you love football and green and gold, keep up the posts. True fans appreciate you!

Edited by BIGBIRDMOM

Dang this is sad day. One of the most respected posters out here ousted just because he loved his school and team. Well Mr Rhea Co. I hope you resurface soon out here, it won't be the same with out you. I am really going to miss those scouting reports even if my team wasn't playing Rhea I still liked reading about the other teams.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

This is an absolute shame. We are in a coaching search and the so called administration is upset on what a poster posted. This does not go well on behalf. Messemer, Levengood, Rueling and Bimbo you 4 should be ashamed of your actions here. This really shows what we as Rhea Coutians, football fans AND BIG SUPPORTERS of the program are dealing with. And to think you all are in charge of getting us a coach. :roflol: With these actions I'm almost certain now that it will be some outsider that will stop by until something better comes along. Or until they see what you all are all about. Not someone that deserves it. Shameful!!

Rhea Co don't let these guys run you off. You have done so much for the program and it does not go unnoticed. I will speak for every Rhea County fan I'm sure when I say we enjoy reading your updates, scouting reports, etc...... You have never posted a negetive post on no one. So you rethink your decision. They are not to tell you what to do when it comes to freedom of speech. Keep posting pal.

having played my football at Rhea County I understand the passion of players and fans. When I moved to Blount County after graduation back in the day I wrote off Rhea County football. It was a long drive and the 90's was tough to stomach. I have tried to stay away, but seeing Fitz. step aside I decided to get back on coacht and see how everything shakes out. It is really sad to see most of the programs in despair, like it or not that is an admin. situation. This is my imput not that you asked, but from an individual who graduated from Rhea, played at Rhea, and have followed football my whole life. I would 100% back Jerry Cook and only Jerry from the list of candidates. (played for Ryan, not a fan) If you read between the lines most of the others, if hired will be gone in a matter of two to three years. (you can book that!) Rhea County like it or hate it is a special place, and it takes an individual who WANTS to be there to stay there and do what is best for the program and not for the resume. Rhea has put some really good coaches out over the years. Why again would the admin. not choose Coach Cook? Personally, I truly hope they give the job to the guy who bleeds Green and Gold and will do whatever it takes to get the program back. Having said that, I am sure the at the end of the day egos will win out, the new admin. will continue the pursuit to destory Rhea County as it was, and football in Rhea County will see the dark ages again. I hope only the best for the new coach and his staff, the players, the parents, and the fans. Until then I will enjoy watching Maryville and Alcoa pump out state champs from the cheap seats...