Rhea County Coaching Search

Be sure to check out the current Rhea County Herald with Coach Fitzgerald's interview. I hope people will read it and understand the problems that many coaches face with Rhea County High School's administration. Most coaches will tell you this privately but most will not speak out. The new coach, Doug Greene, was quoted as saying he expects to work with the administration to get the things done that they refused to do for Coach Fitz. He is right. Messemer and Levengood always provide for new hires what they refuse to provide for established, loyal coaches. For a while. If Greene is smart, he will stick around for a short time and move on.

Fitzgerald had some balls to do that interview. I got to give the man props for telling the truth. It's about time somebody who knows what's really going on shows some courage and speaks up using their real name.

Will sum one post it so everybody will have the opportunity to read it as well. Thanks.

Doug Greene is a great hire.

Coach Greene does things the right way, really strives to get his players into college, and will defensively scheme the heck out of an ordinary Friday night Offensive Coordinator.

...by next year, the Eagles will be right there at the top of the district.

Coach Greene does things the right way, really strives to get his players into college, and will defensively scheme the heck out of an ordinary Friday night Offensive Coordinator.

I agree. Coach Greene will work for those kids to get them where they want to go. He will put out a tough team and build a great program.

Be sure to check out the current Rhea County Herald with Coach Fitzgerald's interview. I hope people will read it and understand the problems that many coaches face with Rhea County High School's administration. Most coaches will tell you this privately but most will not speak out. The new coach, Doug Greene, was quoted as saying he expects to work with the administration to get the things done that they refused to do for Coach Fitz. He is right. Messemer and Levengood always provide for new hires what they refuse to provide for established, loyal coaches. For a while. If Greene is smart, he will stick around for a short time and move on.

Good luck finding a new job.

I quit.

So one day until dead period ends and workouts start back up. Who are the assistants under Coach Greene? I've heard that Davis is also done at the high school. Coach Guthrie may be going to Spring City also. With Mitchell being the only holdover from the previous staff. That leaves Fitzgerald, Cameron, Hampton, Davis, Cook, both Smith's and Guthrie maybe gone. 8 coaches, I guess that is what the administration wanted was change. Nice going, a 6A football program with a head coach and 3 assistants.