Early District 4A Predictions

jgcrm0024

I haven't played college basketball, played college baseball and I can tell you Fountain would be a steal for a team like TTU or UTC, he would be a great addition to any small D1 school given his leaping ability and ability to make free-throws and mid-range J's. I just think people don't understand that he is still an extremely young player. I've been around many very good athletes in my lifetime and Fountain looks to fit the mold. Give him time to develop and grow, by the time he is a Sr. the kid will be a monster. Wartburg hits a tougher part of their schedule the next few nights and we can see what they've got.

I agree with that a steal for a school like that, Nice to see someone who is in touch with reality about things, it just bothers me that some one would down grade a kid like that, but superdave you seem to understand sports better than others!!!

Saw Malicoat (Jellico) play against Coalfield last night...I heard a rumor he'll be playing for MTSU next year. Just curious if this was true? Although he's still recovering from an ankle injury I could tell he's got game.

Yeah, Malicoat signed with MTSU last week. He is going to be a walk on as of now, unless something changes between now and then.

Yeah, Malicoat signed with MTSU last week. He is going to be a walk on as of now, unless something changes between now and then.

Thanks for the info...anyone get a feel for the other teams in District 4A? Considering most teams have a few games under their belt, I'd be interested to hear some more analysis.

I think the best team in this district is Oneida or Wartburg its a toss up Jellico is right behind them when Malicoat is HEALTHY. Coalfield, OZ, Oakdale, Sunbright isn't far behind Coalfield and Oakdale will be battling for 4th place when it comes down to it they both play superb team ball. Coalfield ended up beating Jellico I think but that was with Malicoat about 80% Oakdale has yet to win but they have played most of the Roane county teams from what i've heard. Sunbright always plays every team tough never a easy win when your playing Sunbright with Gunter and Langley. I don't know about OZ.

Don't know about the Florida recruiter, Goose? Got another news flash for ya though:

ONEIDA has looked really good in the early going. They are extremely athletic and they have looked real sharp early. Wartburg, and everybody else, will have their hands full with this bunch from the Plateau. I'm not saying they won't lose a game, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more athletic bunch inside the District. Plus they have length and depth! Anyway, I don't watch a whole lot of Basketball (kinda partial to Football), but I know a good thing when I see it. ONEIDA BB is a good thing right now!

I was at the Wartburg/Sunbright game Friday, and to be honest, Wartburg was fortunate to be in the game at the end. Sunbright came out firing on all cylinders and was the better team all night long. Wartburg seemed to be disinterested coming off of their hard fought game last Tuesday against Jellico. As a former player and alumni of Sunbright, it was good to see them playing that well. They may only have 9 players, but all 9 play their hearts out and give their all for the team and the school they represent. The rest of the teams in the district better be careful when they play Sunbright. They may have a short bench, but they are possibly the best conditioned team in the district. As far as Wartburg, I see them bouncing back. It is rare to see a Coach Layne coached team to lay an egg 2 games in a row.