Northeast Tennessee

magicman95

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeast Tennessee should be from Knoxville up. Science Hill should be a serious AAA state championship contender this year. Unicoi County may be the early AA favorite to go far in the post season. North Greene would have to be the best A hope to get back to the Boro.

Cloudland should be a serious state bound team. They have wins this summer in team camp against Unicoi and DB...Now the good part, they picked up a 6'-1" post transfer (rising JR) that many D1 schools are looking at. Just need chemistry now.

Cloudland should be a serious state bound team. They have wins this summer in team camp against Unicoi and DB...Now the good part, they picked up a 6'-1" post transfer (rising JR) that many D1 schools are looking at. Just need chemistry now.

Why would a D1 player go 2 Cloudland? That makes no sense if you want your kid looked at. I wish all local teams well :roflol:

Edited by jeffs

Pancon,

You are right. I still had North Greene's state runner-up performance on my mind, but the graduation of Britton will be huge loss for them to fill. Cloudland had all the talented young players last year, but were pretty small. The addition of a talented 6'1" post may be their ticket to the Boro. I have to think Hampton will be a little down losing Weddle and Megan Dugger. Unaka lost Wilson and Cox and is still rebuilding.

coach17 what about your cyclones? I hear there is trouble in paradise. The only returning cyclone starter and only rising senior with any game experience to speak of QUIT. Whats going on? Has Dugger lost his touch?

Limestone,

Elizabethton lost 4 great seniors (Cara Bowling, Chelsea Bowling, Erin Kiser, and Kristen Powell). Lindsay Norris does not appear to be playing this season and Casey Jones knee injury may not allow her to play either. Even with all those losses, Coach Dugger has not lost his touch, and the Lady Cyclones will be much better than most people think. I hope people take them lightly.

We all know that this is expected to be the year that Unicoi County finally reclaims District 1 dominance. Elizabethton has had a 10 year run at the top. King, Thompson, Edwards, and Gardner are good players and have a ton of experience. They are clearly the favorites. However, they will have to win it on the court, not with our ramblings on CoachT. Elizabethton will likely be led by junior point guard Morgan DePew and junior post/wing Reazyn DeMoss. That double dose of De's is much better than most people know. There is size in juniors Savannah Madgett and Whitney Roberts. Junior wing Lauren McCurry and Sophomore post Kaley Hodge are also ready to step up. Throw in a couple of unknown freshmen and sophomores and this is a formidable team. They will not relinquish the district or region easily, so you might want to wait a little while before counting your chickens.

Oh I know the best recruiter this side of Knoxville hasnt lost his touch coachh. Dugger usually brings in a new recruit every year (McCurry from Unicoi last year, Cara Bowling from Happy Valley the year before), although he did whiff on the Dugger sisters from Hampton the year before that. And he is a good floor coach.

However, when has he lost two for sure starters in two years. He had a point guard transfer to a county school and then now a two year starting post quits. Something burning in the kitchen?

As for Unicoi, this coming year may be there year but I would be the last to guarantee it. If Fish were still there, maybe; this will be a telling year for the new coach. There are expectations and there is veteran talent. I expect Dugger to field a very competitive team and have his girls back in a regional semifinal contest.

Why would a D1 player go 2 Cloudland? That makes no sense if you want your kid looked at. I wish all local teams well :roflol:

..Just ended up that way. She is a great player and a great kid. She should average a double double. I know her and her game well. Great parents too! She plays for a high profile travel ball team and attracts many D1 coaches attention. As I have said, team chemistry will be the key for Cloudland. Go Brook!