Big 8 Jamboree

You are right '04...sandbagging is the norm. Other than South, I can name North and Elizabethton from years gone by that laid it out for everyone to see. I have a suggestion for upping the interest and excitment of the Jamboree. Pit one region against the other and make it in two nights. Or maybe three nights with the special events on the first night. Oh yeah, talk about gate! What do you think Crawdad? What about it Volman, is that a little over the top? Oh well, time for Jack to pop out of the box...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right '04...sandbagging is the norm. Other than South, I can name North and Elizabethton from years gone by that laid it out for everyone to see. I have a suggestion for upping the interest and excitment of the Jamboree. Pit one region against the other and make it in two nights. Or maybe three nights with the special events on the first night. Oh yeah, talk about gate! What do you think Crawdad? What about it Volman, is that a little over the top? Oh well, time for Jack to pop out of the box...

I've been waiting for all the tears to dry up before I posted here. What a bunch of sissy crybabys. "I don't like DB's jerseys", "They played everybody, even the waterboys", "DB don't even try", whhhaaaaa! Oh and by the way, South still leads upper east tn. in first round playoff losses. South is the King of "one & done". Lets get that straight. I would hate to here you crybabys if Clark opened it up and ran up the TD totals like South does. I mean you guys are trying to figure out ways to make this deal more exciting and it can't be done. I watched South run up the score for the past two years and I was still boared. Its a waste of time and everybody knows it. The only reason people show up to watch is because their so starved for football after the long layoff. I hope DB shows up in shorts and t-shirts this year. 44-0

^^^^ This guy gets it.

I love how DB fans wish they were stil in the big east for competition reasons or maybe they like riding a bus but either reason still makes no sense. They couldn't win a playoff game in the big east and they can't win a playoff game now. What's the excuse? Maybe if GC took all facets of the football field a little more serious maybe their post season fortunes might change. Either way they have some fine football players but sadly some terrible fans.

Are you just making this stuff as you go along. One would think that you would post something with at least a little bit of truth if you wanted to make some kind of point. And you try to say DB has terrible fans? I understand that your still smarting from last years DB-db game but theres no point in starting a argument you can't possibly win.

I've been waiting for all the tears to dry up before I posted here. What a bunch of sissy crybabys. "I don't like DB's jerseys", "They played everybody, even the waterboys", "DB don't even try", whhhaaaaa! Oh and by the way, South still leads upper east tn. in first round playoff losses. South is the King of "one & done". Lets get that straight. I would hate to here you crybabys if Clark opened it up and ran up the TD totals like South does. I mean you guys are trying to figure out ways to make this deal more exciting and it can't be done. I watched South run up the score for the past two years and I was still boared. Its a waste of time and everybody knows it. The only reason people show up to watch is because their so starved for football after the long layoff. I hope DB shows up in shorts and t-shirts this year. 44-0

44-0? Wasn't that the year db lost to that powerhouse William Blount, at home, in the first round of the playoffs? I believe it was.

May be....should be worse than 44-0 this year. But South's season won't be done, but yours will be. South is all that matters to you, GC, the parents, the fans, etc. That is why you can't win playoff games. Get over yourselves and you may just have a chance. Or don't.

44-0? Wasn't that the year db lost to that powerhouse William Blount, at home, in the first round of the playoffs? I believe it was.

May be....should be worse than 44-0 this year. But South's season won't be done, but yours will be. South is all that matters to you, GC, the parents, the fans, etc. That is why you can't win playoff games. Get over yourselves and you may just have a chance. Or don't.

Actually the 2006 44-0 game is not even my favorite. The 2009 game was the best. That was when you South fans were calling on Carter to run up the score. That game was over by the end of the first quarter also. Did you skip over the part where I stated that South has lost more first round playoff games than any team in upper east tn.? I think maybe the shoe is on the other foot. Most DB fans would rather play Oak Ridge and lose than waste a game beating South for the 200th time. Get It?

South's site has the jamboree listed at Science Hill.

Thanks! So the 11th at 6, but site TBD? SHHS or SSHS. Didn't mean to get everyone riled up. I miss football. I really don't care what they wear or how they play. It's just nice to get it started. It's just sad it's over so quick. It wouldn't be the same without all the who is worse banter. Oh well, season starts in 4 weeks. Can't wait.

Well . . . Like the old saying goes . . . "Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one". And so do I . . . lol . . . In my opinion, every time you walk onto that field for scrimmage, jamboree, non-conference or conference game. You go all out, play hard, play fast and furious. If for some reason you can't do that, then why even play the game? Why? Everyone has their reasons for not going all out. I personally "think" there are no good reasons for "slacking". Play hard or stay home!

We might not agree on much of anything ,but atleast were getting fired up for the season.Nothing like a bunch of know it alls,talking football.

This is going to be a great year for Big 8 football, both on the field and on CoachT. Talks are heating up and the guys have not even put on the pads yet. Enjoying high school football at its best, whether it be 7 on 7, scrimmage, jamboree, or season game. I enjoy the jamboree because of the excitement of the start of a new season and also to see the running and kicking competion.

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!