Big 8 Jamboree

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear how Science Hill looked. Looks like they held their own against DB, but that really doesn’t mean much in a jamboree.

The back they had, Jamar?, was really impressive, but in my opinion it was difficult to tell. I think the Hill will be good this year, but I think DB was holding back until the last couple of plays near the end zone.

Compton is going to try and run up the score on DB and Clark is going to set back with a grin on his face and let him do it. Probably will tell a few Mayberry jokes on the sideline, then they'll come back to Kingsport and practice.

Far from it, both teams came out ready to play. In fact DB had their starters in the whole quarter and Swofford scored the TD with 18 sec. left. I thought both teams played really physical hard nosed football. I hated seeing the Sensaubaugh (sp) kid limp off with what looked like an ankle injury.

As far as the other quarters Central is really bad so I don't know what to make of south.

Boone's strength is the interior line and RB but JJ was not lying when he said the secondary will go through some growing pains. They were playing Crockett so it is hard to judge. They scored on back to back 60 yd plays and both were called back for penalities.

TH looks really quick

DB/SH a very good quarter of Football I was surprised to see SC come out and try to play smash mouth football with some success.

I really like the intensity that Tennessee High is bring with their no huddle offense.

Boone had a hole to run through anytime they wanted.

South's passing game will be good again.

Science Hill and DB both looked good.

Coach Rider at Volunteer is going to have to change the play calling and personal on defense, he needs to realize that all schools play their key players both ways, you would think after getting another shot he would do what it takes to make changes.

Central - struggled but great uniforms - needs to pass and mix up formation

Crockett - someone tell them to go on one - don't have the line to run the wing - worst tackling I have seen in a long time

Volunteer - will be a long season, the change has to be made

TN High - very quick - a little too much chest pumping for me

Boone - did what they needed to do to go into season on a high note

South - got better as the quarter went, didn't need to do much - needed better competition

DB / SH - I would say there wasn't a lot of hoopin & hollerin on the bus back to Big K - Greeneville better strap it up

Edited by NoDaddyBall

Central - struggled but great uniforms - needs to pass and mix up formation

Crockett - someone tell them to go on one - don't have the line to run the wing - worst tackling I have seen in a long time

Volunteer - will be a long season, the change has to be made

TN High - very quick - a little too much chest pumping for me

Boone - did what they needed to do to go into season on a high note

South - got better as the quarter went, didn't need to do much - needed better competition

DB / SH - I would say there wasn't a lot of hoopin & hollerin on the bus back to Big K - Greeneville better strap it up

A Jamboree......one notch behind a practice and two notches behind a scrimmage. Your opinions were nice but useless when the real games begin.

A Jamboree......one notch behind a practice and two notches behind a scrimmage. Your opinions were nice but useless when the real games begin.

Would like to hear your and others opinions/observations/analysis/excuses of the jamboree... Can't see how getting embarrassed just before the season opener can possibly be good for a team. But useless? wow

Didn't see it,but it sounds like DB didn't just call this one in for a change and used it for some good practice.

After Carter came out with his little clone army, Clark just had to get with them. I knew when the pushing and trash talk started that we would leave the starters in for most of the quarter. Once again S Hill has some big,strong and fast players but Stacey just cant keep running the ball. He has to try and do stupid stuff and it always costs him. DB struggled to stop the run of S Hill but once they got inside the 25 yd line, we held our own. Score should have been 14-0 if Cook would have threw the ball just a tick sooner to Swafford. The pressure in the backfield hurt his timing. Once Hayworth gets back we will see a huge difference in the pocket time. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!1