9AA

flip

Jacob Dick is pretty good too!

Greenbrier does have a nice win over Harpeth and Peach did lead the way with 20+ points that night. That's the same Harpeth team that beat Sycamore by 16 just a few nights ago.

Greenbrier's defense shut down Harpeth that night. And Peach shoots because he's a SHOOTING GUARD, And no one can knock down the shots that he does. AND, he makes them when they really count! I know that Jo Byrnes isn't a very well played team.(and it seems like the refs salary goes up every night GB plays JB if ya know what i mean) but he brought the whole team back in an OT win! Let him shoot! Let him shoot! Let him shoot!!! When he's on... its a show! :popcorneater:

Peach is a "show" when he is on? In 2 years of watching 9AA ball-(have not seen him yet this year) I have never seen him "ON" against anyone who had great defense(there is a direct connection between those 2 things). Harpeth is traditionally not known as a team that "D's" you up- they love to run and shoot the ball. How good is Peach- measure him up against teams that love to lock you down and see- if he is doing it to those teams then he is a "SHOW", if he is not then it is just hype.

Connor has to create a lot of his shots. And very seldom does he force or rush his shots. Heck, he's a teenager and he's not perfect. But, he's a good kid that can play this game. He's also smart. Most games he starts slow because he's probably 'feelin' out' the D and learning the tendencies of who's guarding him. He scored 30 the other night and it seemed like 20. He scores in bunches and has patience. I think that shows his maturity. He also don't run that trap. His talkin' is shootin' one in your face.

And 'great D' is relative. He gets killed a lot of nights and refs are supposed to protect shooters. Hand-checking and pushing and shoving is a foul, but most of the refs in our games don't call it. They try to be NBA-level and they'll never get past high school. Great D is moving your feet to get position and getting your hands in the passing lanes or in the shooters face. Holdin' and grabbin' is not great D. Anybody can do that to gain an advantage and when it's not called it's a HUGE advantage.

Shooting the ball is also relative. To score you have to shoot. To score a lot most good shooters shoot a lot. DUH! It's what they do...and most coaches will take that 40% made all day! It's very rare to see a guard or forward shoot 50% from outside over a season unless there are a lot of layups involved.

There's no way Peach is gonna get 20 on the Blue Devils this year. Although our losses have been bad, very bad, I would have to say that none of the teams in 9AA would fare much better. Go play East Lit. or Beech at their house and see what's up.:shock: The Devils have 6 starters really with soph. Ryan Sizemore coming off the bench and are starting to get it and figuring each other out. Senior Dylan Dorris has the size and ability to really be a District standout if the first year starter can just put it all together.

Peach and Brown are GB's best and Jacob Dick brings alot of experience and leadership to Sycamore. Goodpasture's C. Lynn is scoring alot of points as well. Wonder how many shots he averages a game? At any rate, there is no clear cut team favorite in the Ddistrict and it looks to be a wide open race for the reg. season champ. and tournament. I personally can't wait for the District games to begin if nothing else than to have some more spirited conversations on the T. GO Devils! BDP!

There's no way Peach is gonna get 20 on the Blue Devils this year. Although our losses have been bad, very bad, I would have to say that none of the teams in 9AA would fare much better. Go play East Lit. or Beech at their house and see what's up.:shock: The Devils have 6 starters really with soph. Ryan Sizemore coming off the bench and are starting to get it and figuring each other out. Senior Dylan Dorris has the size and ability to really be a District standout if the first year starter can just put it all together.

Peach and Brown are GB's best and Jacob Dick brings alot of experience and leadership to Sycamore. Goodpasture's C. Lynn is scoring alot of points as well. Wonder how many shots he averages a game? At any rate, there is no clear cut team favorite in the Ddistrict and it looks to be a wide open race for the reg. season champ. and tournament. I personally can't wait for the District games to begin if nothing else than to have some more spirited conversations on the T. GO Devils! BDP!

Pitchfork, how can you say there is no clear cut favorite? District 9AA is Macon County's to win or lose! They have virtually everyone back and solid coaching. Sorry, but Sycamore played East Lit alot better than White House did so that is 1 advantage for Sycamore over White House. White House has the dreaded 1-3-1 zone so that is to their advantage. The spirited conversation can now begin- Macon County will win the regular season and the tournament!!

Connor has to create a lot of his shots. And very seldom does he force or rush his shots. Heck, he's a teenager and he's not perfect. But, he's a good kid that can play this game. He's also smart. Most games he starts slow because he's probably 'feelin' out' the D and learning the tendencies of who's guarding him. He scored 30 the other night and it seemed like 20. He scores in bunches and has patience. I think that shows his maturity. He also don't run that trap. His talkin' is shootin' one in your face.

And 'great D' is relative. He gets killed a lot of nights and refs are supposed to protect shooters. Hand-checking and pushing and shoving is a foul, but most of the refs in our games don't call it. They try to be NBA-level and they'll never get past high school. Great D is moving your feet to get position and getting your hands in the passing lanes or in the shooters face. Holdin' and grabbin' is not great D. Anybody can do that to gain an advantage and when it's not called it's a HUGE advantage.

Shooting the ball is also relative. To score you have to shoot. To score a lot most good shooters shoot a lot. DUH! It's what they do...and most coaches will take that 40% made all day! It's very rare to see a guard or forward shoot 50% from outside over a season unless there are a lot of layups involved.

5-Sport-Dad, I never said he had to be perfect. I just said that in 2 years I had never seen him "on" against great defense. Great "D" is not relative- either you know how to guard or you do not. The last two years(again only going from what I observed) he has not scored much or shot the ball well against either Macon Co or Sycamore and Macon Co was at the top of the district both years and Sycamore "D" Greenbrier out the door both game they played them last year. As I recall, when he did play against Sycamore the first year- he didn't play much or do much. Both those schools have a tradition of having great defensive teams as last year was clearly and indicator. I am sure that he has improved over last year and I have no problem with shooting the ball- heck to score you have to but are you efficient? If your percentage is 30-35% then in HIGH SCHOOL, you are efficient. Don't know what his is but it should be an interesting season to say the least!

I have not noticed Rhoten in the box score for Goodpasture the last 2 games, is he hurt? District play will tip off in January everyone- after seeing some early season play: What are the predictions for the district now? I think White House is not near as good as i thought they might be but I still think the 1-3-1 is good. Here is my prediction:

1. Macon Co.

2. Goodpasture- assuming they have everyone

3. Sycamore

4. White House

5. Greenbrier

6. Westmoreland

Let the games begin!And the trash talk commence!

This post covers a lot of the questions on this forum recently. Peach? yes, he shoots a lot but if he doesnt shoot and score the ball who is going to? White House needs to learn to play solid man to man d because this is a district without athletic ability but every team has great shooters. Because their 131 defense is very conservative and lazy. C. Lynn does shoot the ball a lot but he only does wat the coaches says and when every play is designed for him what are u supposed to do. Rhoten is unfortunately hurt, not sure wat happened but was in street clothes on the bench against gallatin last nite. Macon Co. should be the favorite but their out of district schedule is weak. Westmoreland??? Sycamore is a scrapy team just has played a good schedule and their record shows it (it will pay off come district play). He is how i see it as of now

1Macon Co (great coach, everyone back)

2Sycamore (plays hard, led by gentry and dick)

3Goodpasture (coaching????? substitution?????)

4White House (cant handle pressure)

5Greenbrier??????

6Westmoreland????????