9AA

flip

DATELINE: Peach drops 34 on Springfield. And before anyone says, 'did he shoot alot?,' the answer is, 'he obviously shot enough to score that many and hit, uhhh, let me see, somewhere close to 70%...FROM THE FIELD!

It was a beautiful thang! Just sayin'... :thumb:

I got a chance to catch this game, and very glad I did. Greenbrier impressed me tonight even though Sprinfield isn't as good as ususal. Peach did play very well, but you couldn't give enough credit to the other guards who were setting up Peach all night :bored: . Number 4 and number 12 (names?) did a great j ob getting Peach shots along with number 15. They were able to find Peach in good spots all night and get him some great looks at the hoop. P.S. After watching White House and Sycamore play this year I really think Greenbrier has a good shot at finishing top three in this district. Juss saying :excl:

I got a chance to catch this game, and very glad I did. Greenbrier impressed me tonight even though Sprinfield isn't as good as ususal. Peach did play very well, but you couldn't give enough credit to the other guards who were setting up Peach all night :bored: . Number 4 and number 12 (names?) did a great j ob getting Peach shots along with number 15. They were able to find Peach in good spots all night and get him some great looks at the hoop. P.S. After watching White House and Sycamore play this year I really think Greenbrier has a good shot at finishing top three in this district. Juss saying :excl:

Congrats to Mr. Peach, I was shocked that he dropped that many points on Springfield. Now, not hating but Springfield has very little coaching and is not very good this year. That being said, I still say that Peach is not going to get that kind of scoring in District 9AA because other coaches know he can shoot when open. I have never said he could not shoot- I just think Macon Co. and Sycamore are not going to let him get open. White House will play their zone the way they always do- lazy and playing %, Goodpasture can't guard anyone and Westmoreland just plain stinks. Greenbrier could very well finish in the top 3. I am gonna call "BS" on the shooting 70%, if he did, the defense sucks worse than when I saw them play Northwest this year.

Edited by captnoname

I think the regular season finishing order will be:

1. White House

2. Macon Co.

3. Greenbrier

4. Sycamore

5. Goodpasture

6. Westmoreland

White House has terrific size to match up with any height in the District. The guard play is coming along and improving each game. Scoring is coming from 6 different players, on any given night one of them can score 15+ The defense seems "lazy" to some but it is very difficult to deal with and the Devils have been playing some man to man and even, o my gosh, a 2-3 zone. Cheatham Co. is an extremely good team and the Devils beat them at home and lost by, I think, 6 at their place. The Cubs would no doubt be the fav. if they were in 9AA, so that tells me something about the potential of the Devils. Taylor Ward from last year's squad is on TSU's team. Congrats to him.

Macon Co. has all the hype, but not an impressive record so far, so IMO for a cinch team, they should be better.

Greenbrier will absolutely fool some folks. As with Goodpasture, most of the scoring comes from one person, but Greenbrier has some very nice complimentary personnel to go along with Peach. New addition to the coaching staff as an assistant, Austin Young, will really be an asset for the program and get them playing as good as they can.

Sycamore has experience but lost too much from last year to challenge. Also, got to be hard on the coach to lead both boys and girls squads. Wes Brown from last year's squad is doing well at Vol State, Congrats to him as well.

Goodpasture. Shut down Lynn (hold him under 15) and you win. That simple.

The Westys have some good young talent but not enough to contend this year.

Thanks for the kind words about Cheatham County's basketball team pitchfork. This year has a chance to be a special season. Last night at Kenwood was quite frankly the Cubs poorest effort of the year to date and they were beaten by 32 points (75-43) as a result. Is that saying Kenwood isn't good? NO! I still refuse to believe that Kenwood is 30 points better than Cheatham County. With that said I look for Cheatham County to come back these next 2 nights and play with much more effort. Right now the Cubs are 7-4 and I hope that they leave the "Queen City Christmas Tournament" with a mark of 9-4.

Next week the Cubs are in the same "Watertown Christmas Tournament" as Westmoreland. I have noticed that the Westmoreland Eagles have won their last 3 consecutive contests and are 6-5 overall on the season. They play Station Camp tonight.

The Cubs open that tournament against DeKalb County who is 10-2 so far on the year and playing at a high level. It's going to take the effort that the Cubs showed in the games against Greenbrier, White House, Rossview, and Ravenwood to be able to knock off such a quality opponent. The Cubs team that played Kenwood is a team that I am sure our outstanding coaches will have a players realize........"doesn't need to be seen again".

Thanks for the kind words about Cheatham County's basketball team pitchfork. This year has a chance to be a special season. Last night at Kenwood was quite frankly the Cubs poorest effort of the year to date and they were beaten by 32 points (75-43) as a result. Is that saying Kenwood isn't good? NO! I still refuse to believe that Kenwood is 30 points better than Cheatham County. With that said I look for Cheatham County to come back these next 2 nights and play with much more effort. Right now the Cubs are 7-4 and I hope that they leave the "Queen City Christmas Tournament" with a mark of 9-4.

Next week the Cubs are in the same "Watertown Christmas Tournament" as Westmoreland. I have noticed that the Westmoreland Eagles have won their last 3 consecutive contests and are 6-5 overall on the season. They play Station Camp tonight.

The Cubs open that tournament against DeKalb County who is 10-2 so far on the year and playing at a high level. It's going to take the effort that the Cubs showed in the games against Greenbrier, White House, Rossview, and Ravenwood to be able to knock off such a quality opponent. The Cubs team that played Kenwood is a team that I am sure our outstanding coaches will have a players realize........"doesn't need to be seen again".

You're welcome. The Cubs should be even better next year as the current players gain experience, grow, and mature more. Good luck the rest of the way! BDP

I think the regular season finishing order will be:

1. White House

2. Macon Co.

3. Greenbrier

4. Sycamore

5. Goodpasture

6. Westmoreland

White House has terrific size to match up with any height in the District. The guard play is coming along and improving each game. Scoring is coming from 6 different players, on any given night one of them can score 15+ The defense seems "lazy" to some but it is very difficult to deal with and the Devils have been playing some man to man and even, o my gosh, a 2-3 zone. Cheatham Co. is an extremely good team and the Devils beat them at home and lost by, I think, 6 at their place. The Cubs would no doubt be the fav. if they were in 9AA, so that tells me something about the potential of the Devils. Taylor Ward from last year's squad is on TSU's team. Congrats to him.

Macon Co. has all the hype, but not an impressive record so far, so IMO for a cinch team, they should be better.

Greenbrier will absolutely fool some folks. As with Goodpasture, most of the scoring comes from one person, but Greenbrier has some very nice complimentary personnel to go along with Peach. New addition to the coaching staff as an assistant, Austin Young, will really be an asset for the program and get them playing as good as they can.

Sycamore has experience but lost too much from last year to challenge. Also, got to be hard on the coach to lead both boys and girls squads. Wes Brown from last year's squad is doing well at Vol State, Congrats to him as well.

Goodpasture. Shut down Lynn (hold him under 15) and you win. That simple.

The Westys have some good young talent but not enough to contend this year.

White House at top???

Good call white house fan :roflol:

• Upvote 1

White House at top???

Good call white house fan :roflol:

Judging by the way White House played against LaVergne they'd be my pick too. The "common" opponent that White House has with Macon County is Gallatin and the Blue Devils beat them by a much larger margin. The "common" opponent that White House has with Greenbrier is Cheatham County and I'll tell you that White House looked better against the Cubs than did Greenbrier. I feel like Peach would be the best player from those 2 teams combined but overall White House is just a better basketball team from top-to-bottom. Sycamore lost to Harpeth by 16 while Greenbrier beat Harpeth by 10 so you'd be crazy to say that the War Eaglesare "clearly" better than the Bobcats at this time. Sycamore beat Montgomery Central by 21 and Montgomery Central beat Goodpasture yesterday by 2.

Now I will say that score comparisons basically mean "nothing" in the end but right now seeing as it's all we have to go off of then I'd say White House should be among the favorites in this district easily.

Judging by the way White House played against LaVergne they'd be my pick too. The "common" opponent that White House has with Macon County is Gallatin and the Blue Devils beat them by a much larger margin. The "common" opponent that White House has with Greenbrier is Cheatham County and I'll tell you that White House looked better against the Cubs than did Greenbrier. I feel like Peach would be the best player from those 2 teams combined but overall White House is just a better basketball team from top-to-bottom. Sycamore lost to Harpeth by 16 while Greenbrier beat Harpeth by 10 so you'd be crazy to say that the War Eaglesare "clearly" better than the Bobcats at this time. Sycamore beat Montgomery Central by 21 and Montgomery Central beat Goodpasture yesterday by 2.

Now I will say that score comparisons basically mean "nothing" in the end but right now seeing as it's all we have to go off of then I'd say White House should be among the favorites in this district easily.

If you want to find out who the best team is then start by comparing the schedules-there is no comparison that Sycamore has played the harder schedule but I still think that the Macon Co. tigers are going to win 9AA and Sycamore will be a close 2nd/3rd. To say Greenbrier is better that Sycamore because of the Harpeth game is foolish. Harpeth had only beat Syacmore 2 times in the last 10 tries so there was alot of frustration built up. Don't put too much stock in that one game but rather look at the whole body of work thus far.