9AA

flip

Proud of the Cats accomplishments. From what I hear, Coach Mason is doing a great job. GO BOBCATS! Surprise them all.

Sonny,

I hate to tell you this, but somebody is lying to you. I went to Hartsville today to watch what I thought would be a good game between my Commandos of Hendersonville and Greenbrier. The final score (I think) was 63-24 in favor of the Commandos. It was a waste of my time, a complete blowout. Greenbrier looked lost, no offense, uninspired, and unorganized. Their guards are pretty good, but nothing else, especially in the coaching department. I know the Bradshaw boy left for CPA, but was has happened to the Greenbrier program? Where is the tall red-headed boy? Years ago this was always a competitive game, not today.

Not trying to bash anyone; just disappointed in making the trip to see such a blowout.

EDA

Sonny,

I hate to tell you this, but somebody is lying to you. I went to Hartsville today to watch what I thought would be a good game between my Commandos of Hendersonville and Greenbrier. The final score (I think) was 63-24 in favor of the Commandos. It was a waste of my time, a complete blowout. Greenbrier looked lost, no offense, uninspired, and unorganized. Their guards are pretty good, but nothing else, especially in the coaching department. I know the Bradshaw boy left for CPA, but was has happened to the Greenbrier program? Where is the tall red-headed boy? Years ago this was always a competitive game, not today.

Not trying to bash anyone; just disappointed in making the trip to see such a blowout.

EDA

Unfortunately, son, you speak the truth. A BLOW-OUT! Embarrassing. And somethin' better happen before districts begin. On the other hand, if your Commandos got 'gutted' by 1 super-stud and 2 regular studs leaving, maybe I'd be posting what you did. Hmmm...

FYI: The tall, red-headed kid is playing...get this...volleyball! :o:unsure::ph34r:

Just when the Devils were on an upswing, they turn in a stinker of a christmas tournament at Beech coming in last place. They played pretty good for the first half or the second half, depending on the game, but just couldn't put together a whole game. What is evident is a lack of leadership. Not surprising, even though we have 5 seniors hardly anyone has much varsity experience and the ones that do have been complimentary players in the past. Squabbles between players, coaches, and parents over P.T., shot selection, scoring, and discipline should not be happening. One of the best (tallest) players is either suspended or off the team. Who knows? It has been embarrassing to say the least watching the Devils over the last couple of games. Where's the BDP or does that only apply to football??? Somebody either senior, junior, soph, or freshman needs to step up and show some leadership through their actions and words and will this team into the right direction..

Looks like the District is up for grabs to me 4sure now. Macon moves into the favorite spot to win it to me now. At any rate, here's a now half hearted GO BIG BLUE!

Caught the Sycamore vs. Greenbrier game tonight. I must say Greenbrier really did surprise me at the start of the game with their defense even with no 6 footers for them on the court. Both teams palyed hard, but were really sloppy with the ball. Sycamore took over in the last 12 minutes. Where was Peach tonight? Final Sycamore 61 Greenbrier 41.

From what I can tell Greenbrier is a Jekyll and Hyde team. I have seen two of their games and they played well once and highly disapointed me once. I also saw a box score where they took a very solid Elizabethton team into 2ot. If you get Greenbrier on an off night you should run away with it. If you catch a Grenbrier team that is ready to play it will be a battle. They are one the most inconsistent teams I have seen throughout my years.

From what I can tell Greenbrier is a Jekyll and Hyde team. I have seen two of their games and they played well once and highly disapointed me once. I also saw a box score where they took a very solid Elizabethton team into 2ot. If you get Greenbrier on an off night you should run away with it. If you catch a Grenbrier team that is ready to play it will be a battle. They are one the most inconsistent teams I have seen throughout my years.

Very well put. No intensity...to guard, shoot, help or WIN! VERY disappointing.

HOW do you run an offense against man D with 3 across the top almost at the half-court and then expect the guy with the ball to take his man down the middle for a possible layup...when the other 2, on the left and the right, never do anything to help their teammate? In fact, all they do is stand there and watch their defenders double off on the dribble drive, thus creating a double-team and stopping the scoring opportunity. Oh, and the other 2, since the new offense has 5 guards that aren't aggressive offensively or willing to shoot, just stand there, in their respective corners close to the baseline...I guess waiting on something to happen. It's the worst offense...or worst execution of a supposed offense...I've ever seen. I'm mad that I paid to get in! Just pitiful!

Whatever happened to the basic pick-and-roll or the clear out or motion where you're actually moving to help a teammate score the ball? We played like we were ahead. Absolutely no sense of urgency or offensive aggression. Despite tonight's display of lackadaisical execution, GB actually has some kids with skills that, if coached correctly or encouraged a little, can score off the dribble...or spot up with a kick-out pass to at least take a good fundamental mid-range shot.

Josh Goodwin, Sycamore's coach, looked like he was thinking...'OK, if you're not gonna aggressively guard my guys, we're gonna do layups all game. I can't believe we're scoring so easily and you're not doing anything to adjust.' What a nightmare...for the players AND the fans. Just sad!

HOW do you run an offense against man D with 3 across the top almost at the half-court and then expect the guy with the ball to take his man down the middle for a possible layup...when the other 2, on the left and the right, never do anything to help their teammate? In fact, all they do is stand there and watch their defenders double off on the dribble drive, thus creating a double-team and stopping the scoring opportunity. Oh, and the other 2, since the new offense has 5 guards that aren't aggressive offensively or willing to shoot, just stand there, in their respective corners close to the baseline...I guess waiting on something to happen. It's the worst offense...or worst execution of a supposed offense...I've ever seen. I'm mad that I paid to get in! Just pitiful!

Whatever happened to the basic pick-and-roll or the clear out or motion where you're actually moving to help a teammate score the ball? We played like we were ahead. Absolutely no sense of urgency or offensive aggression. Despite tonight's display of lackadaisical execution, GB actually has some kids with skills that, if coached correctly or encouraged a little, can score off the dribble...or spot up with a kick-out pass to at least take a good fundamental mid-range shot.

Josh Goodwin, Sycamore's coach, looked like he was thinking...'OK, if you're not gonna aggressively guard my guys, we're gonna do layups all game. I can't believe we're scoring so easily and you're not doing anything to adjust.' What a nightmare...for the players AND the fans. Just sad!

This is the same offense that led to the teams' demise last season.

Edited by realtalk33

is it time for a coaching change in White House?? I know there is an assistant or two that coach high school basketball in the county that may return to their hometown! I know WH got the win tonight but I believe Spencer has lost his team.

Uh oh, What happend with the BDP's tonight?

Not to say I told you so: but I believe I told yo so! Peach- great shooter? I believe someone said that "defense" is relative. Really? I said it once and I will say it again- you can either guard it or you can't. Perhaps Coach Mason realized that he can't run the same offense against people who guard it. Was the game at GHS? if so, that is why it was sloppy- hard to shoot in that gym for some reason (I think it is the way the gym is set up). All this hype about Peach avg 20 a game is just that- hype! Look, it is real simple: you got to have players. GHS probably has some players but they are young. The most interesting thing so far is the up and down play of White House but if they have grade issues with players that makes sense.

I disagree... but i'm looking forward to the start of this year's season.

My preseason picks:

1.GP-a healthy GP team wins district

2.Macon- Good team GP/Macon games will be fun to watch

3.WH-down this year but with 9AA down they will still be fine

4.Greenbrier-yes GB will go to regions :roflol:

5.Sycamore-lost everyone (including Worsley haha) but J. Dick and Gentry

6.Westmoreland- STINKS!

That is a terrible prediction. How could you put GP above Macon? Macon played GP last night and had their way with them. The only reason Macon didn't beat them worse is their rebounding got bad in the 4th quarter. Look for Macon to run away with the district. State bound this year!