9AA

flip

It's starting to become obvious that Macon Co is not as strong as everyone believed. To many games are getting close and if Sycamore hadn't shot about 11% in the first half on Monday I believe they would have had their first lose. So maybe Friday will be different.

yeah i see what your talking about, i guess thats why there still undefeated in district play, cmon man

Memo to the respective coaching staffs of White House and Greenbrier after tonight's game:

WHY IN THA WORLD Y'ALL DON'T START AND PLAY DYLAN DORRIS AND KENNY LAYMAN AGAINST A TEAM THAT HAS NO POST PRESENCE IS BEYOND ME AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE THERE TONIGHT! Heck, I'd play 'em anyway, but they didn't even start!! :shock:

AND WHY OUR COACHING STAFF DIDN'T DO ALL IT COULD TO GET NICK YOUNG OPEN FOR MORE 3's IS BEYOND ME, TOO! INSTEAD, THE HOTTEST SHOOTING KID ON THE FLOOR WAS FORCED TO FOUL OUT. HMMM...

Just sayin'... :wacko:

Tonight's game between White House and Greenbrier was fantastic!! The Greenbrier boys showed alot of heart to close the gap late in the game but were forced to foul to manage the clock. Blue Devils pulled out the win with excellent free throw shooting. The Bobcats were draining threes left and right, mostly by Nick Young. Our boys answered when we needed to. Will Gammon may be small in stature, but he hits some big shots 4sure! Great heart! Sycamore and Macon Co. round out the rest of the Devil's District schedule. Big week next week. Go Devils, BDP!

Memo to the respective coaching staffs of White House and Greenbrier after tonight's game:

WHY IN THA WORLD Y'ALL DON'T START AND PLAY DYLAN DORRIS AND KENNY LAYMAN AGAINST A TEAM THAT HAS NO POST PRESENCE IS BEYOND ME AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE THERE TONIGHT! Heck, I'd play 'em anyway, but they didn't even start!! :shock:

AND WHY OUR COACHING STAFF DIDN'T DO ALL IT COULD TO GET NICK YOUNG OPEN FOR MORE 3's IS BEYOND ME, TOO! INSTEAD, THE HOTTEST SHOOTING KID ON THE FLOOR WAS FORCED TO FOUL OUT. HMMM...

Just sayin'... :wacko:

Hard to answer the first question. Coaches decision that could be based on a number of factors. But yes indeed Nick was hot tonight! They could have fouled someone without the ball and accomplished what they were wanting to do. What I admired about the game the most was the great sportsmanship displayed by both teams after the game. Hardly ever see such long time rivals hug after a hard fought game. Great mutual respect. Props to both squads!!!

Edited by pitchfork1

Tonight provided us with what's going to turn out to be a RACE in what looked to be a "one team show" in this district all year long. Sycamore's win at Macon County was huge. White House continues to win which is also huge.

Here's how it looks at the top:

1.) Macon County (7-1)

2.) Sycamore (5-3)

2.) White House (5-3)

At the bottom you have:

Goodpasture (3-5)

Westmoreland (2-6)

Greenbrier (2-6)

...What I admired about the game the most was the great sportsmanship displayed by both teams after the game. Hardly ever see such long time rivals hug after a hard fought game. Great mutual respect. Props to both squads!!!

Amen! In all my frustration I failed to mention this. Thanks! Absolutely good to see!!

Also loved the student/other athletes section by WH. Sycamore does it and I wish it was done by all the other schools, including ours. It may even be worth a few points...

Congrats to Sycamore. A one-team race ain't any fun.

Tonight provided us with what's going to turn out to be a RACE in what looked to be a "one team show" in this district all year long. Sycamore's win at Macon County was huge. White House continues to win which is also huge.

Here's how it looks at the top:

1.) Macon County (7-1)

2.) Sycamore (5-3)

2.) White House (5-3)

At the bottom you have:

Goodpasture (3-5)

Westmoreland (2-6)

Greenbrier (2-6)

game over! macon wins 2011-2012 9aa district.

Greenbrier gets last in the district for the 2nd year in a row after a district championship the previous year. Has the past two groups of kids been bad or is it the coaching?

Are you serious? Here is the answer to quote Don Meyer: "You can't make a racehorse out of a pig, but you can make a very fast pig". Besides Bradshaw leaving, and the Pendleton and Porter (post players from the year before) -those kids won it, the kids that were left were not that good. The red headed kid quit- soft and not very strong and the Rhoten kid was just a spot up shooter who had to have the table set for him, and Peach is the same way. They have solid coaching- you don't win at the college level and not know how to coach. The system has to be put in place to help the younger kids develop at the jr high level in order to be successful.