Dobyns Bennett 2011

WaCoJaCo

I agree, this yrs team could surprise a lot of people.Justin ad Will are both headhunters that really like to hit, and the d-backfield is loaded with speed. I dont think we are anywhere in a certain Blount Co. teams league right now, but this might be a team that gets better each game. Hope we get some guys in the right positions as fas as kickoffs, punts etc. :thumb:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this yrs team could surprise a lot of people.Justin ad Will are both headhunters that really like to hit, and the d-backfield is loaded with speed. I dont think we are anywhere in a certain Blount Co. teams league right now, but this might be a team that gets better each game. Hope we get some guys in the right positions as fas as kickoffs, punts etc. :thumb:

Kick returners should be Foreman and Swafford. Maybe not a bad deal to put both back on punt returns. Everybody knows how bad we've been at that aspect of the game the last few years. DB has always had the expectation years and then we fall short, but the years we lose a lot of players we seem to overcome and exceed expectations. Thia is such a year. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

Anybody heard about any more D1 offers to Ty Hayworth? I know that Cincinnati had offered and that Wake Forest was rumored too... not sure if that happened or not?

IMO rising Sr.'s Justin Long and Will Allen are both D1 players, for somebody. Justin may figure in to more on the offensive side this year than in the past, but he is one mean guy on Defense. Allen is going to make a ton of plays for the Tribe on D as well.

This Indian Team may be young in some peoples minds, but I think there is more talent on the 2011 team than in several years... no question that we will have more speed, even with the loss of The Real Deal Derrick Steele. Malik Foreman is the fastest player in NE TN and Debo Swafford has that "you can't touch if I don't want you to" speed. Swafford is going to light it up... give him the ball 20 times a game and you will see the scoreboard blinging.

2 weeks, 3 days and 22 hours to Kick Off - Let's go whip the Admirals tail in KTown

Roll Tribe Roll

I went up to visit Ty in the hospital yesterday and he officially got the offer from wake on tuesday.

I went up to visit Ty in the hospital yesterday and he officially got the offer from wake on tuesday.

I hate I didn't get to see him at practice the other day,I like to tell the younger guys to just watch him work during practice.I hope he is ok and It's another big step with Wake.Either school so far would be a great deal,but maybe that orange team will get smart as well ?

Hayworth just committed to play for Wake Forest at media day.

Congrads to Ty !.I guess this should set the record straight for the naysayers and all those posters who said he lacked this or that.He never lacked anything last year and has not played a down this year.In other words,the people that know the game and matter most,also knew he had the right stuff..He is a great kid and deserved someone to have his back on the coach.Now lets see a few more of our very talented players get a free ride.D1 is special,but we have a lot of kids that I think should get some looks at some level,maybe D1 as well .It really doesn't matter as long as they get an education and chance to play on.One of my favorite seniors has strength and speed and is a great young man,Hunter Holt.If he wants to play on,I know he will do very good as well.

Edited by BatmanDB

Congrads to Ty !.I guess this should set the record straight for the naysayers and all those posters who said he lacked this or that.He never lacked anything last year and has not played a down this year.In other words,the people that know the game and matter most,also knew he had the right stuff..He is a great kid and deserved someone to have his back on the coach.Now lets see a few more of our very talented players get a free ride.D1 is special,but we have a lot of kids that I think should get some looks at some level,maybe D1 as well .It really doesn't matter as long as they get an education and chance to play on.One of my favorite seniors has strength and speed and is a great young man,Hunter Holt.If he wants to play on,I know he will do very good as well.

According to rivals he is also going as a tackle.

I went and checked out the North @ South scrimmage. In my opinion, North has a chance of doing well in their conference, but not much else. The Raiders will score a lot of points, but give up quite a few too. South looks to be down, quarterback play is weak. What good they did against North's first team was broken plays. Defense is prone to give up big plays on the outside. Not sure about their secondary as North only passed a few times. The Rebels could miss the playoffs if their not careful. Why you drive to Asheville in game one when you can cross over over the ridge to Bloomingdale to have a competitive game? Beats me.

How'd the Indians look against Halls this evening?