Top 5 6a programs in east tn history

SweetScience

I like Sevier County,Oak Ridge,Maryville,Dobyns Bennett and Farragut.To be the man you have to beat the man.Maryville is the team we all have to beat or as they say,second is just the first loser.

1. Maryville

2. White Station Does any team in the state have more 6A gold balls?

3. Smyrna None of the teams listed, except Maryville, beats them in the two years of AAAAAA ball.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies for including non east Tennessee teams. I need to read the heading a little closer.

1. Maryville. Won the title last year.

2. Maryville. Second in state year before last.

3. Oak Ridge. Great run last year.

No other team has distinguished itself in the two years of AAAAAA ball.

My apologies for including non east Tennessee teams. I need to read the heading a little closer.

1. Maryville. Won the title last year.

2. Maryville. Second in state year before last.

3. Oak Ridge. Great run last year.

No other team has distinguished itself in the two years of AAAAAA ball.

Plumb, when i made this thread, i kinda confused some folks i think. When i say 6A, i also mean all the old teams from 5A and also the teams from 3-AAA when there was only 3 total classifications in Tn HS football, which was how it was years ago. I didnt mean just from 2 years of 6A alignment history lol. Sorry, should have been more clear.

throw Jeff County into the mix. the records in the 80s speak for itself. 3 state finals with 1 win in 87 with that team finishing top 5 in the nation.

Jeff Co had some great teams in the 80's and a few in the 90's. I think went to the semis or finals the year Gilbert was there QB. 96 97 maybe?? I know they beat us (Oak Ridge) that year. Whatever happened to Kisabeth btw? Jeff Co. aint been the same since he left.

Jeff Co had some great teams in the 80's and a few in the 90's. I think went to the semis or finals the year Gilbert was there QB. 96 97 maybe?? I know they beat us (Oak Ridge) that year. Whatever happened to Kisabeth btw? Jeff Co. aint been the same since he left.

was AD for several years. resigned this past winter in the middle of the anderson situation. at jchs at some capacity from 83 until 2010. Coach to AD

was AD for several years. resigned this past winter in the middle of the anderson situation. at jchs at some capacity from 83 until 2010. Coach to AD

My cousin Sean Watson played for that team in 87. He never played i dont think, he was a soph that year, but he was on the team. Me and my dad went to go watch that game between yall and OR in 87...wow, i wished i had never gone lol

My cousin Sean Watson played for that team in 87. He never played i dont think, he was a soph that year, but he was on the team. Me and my dad went to go watch that game between yall and OR in 87...wow, i wished i had never gone lol

both great programs. I remember during this time, if you was going to get out of East Tn, you was going to see Jeff Co, OR, and DB each year.

both great programs. I remember during this time, if you was going to get out of East Tn, you was going to see Jeff Co, OR, and DB each year.

Definitely man, i played for OR in94 when Spencer and Rocky Riley played for yall... We came out on top, but Jeff Co was tough then too, i also remember us beating yall when you had Ricky Upton, good back.