Daniel Boone vs Elizabethon

The series will have an effect mentally in this game! I don't think Boone wants to get beat by EHS and continue with a horrible losing record to EHS and I'm sure EHS doesn't want to be the team that loses to Boone at the start of this new series(I hope :D)

Also getting beat by Alcoa and winning a game in our conference are 2 totally different results. Alcoa is probably P4P one of the best if not the best team in the state..losing a tough game to Alcoa should prepare us for anything any other school has to offer. Its like lifting weights. You start out with something heavy and it is tough. But then you move down to something lighter(but still heavy) and it seems easier. That is what I believe the case is here. Not saying Boone is an easy match but compared to Alcoa I think EHS would much rather play Boone as that game is more winnable than playing against Alcoa. Also EHS comes into this prepared to face a bigger school. Last season we played a big Asheville School(Who had a TE committed to U. of Florida), Greeneville(4A state champs), Science Hill, Alcoa. We lost all of them by a lot(except science hill) but EHS came out of those games with a lot of experience. Sometimes losing is better than winning as you can clearly see more of the holes in your game play. I'm starting to ramble now but the tl:dr version is this.

EHS comes into this game having played teams that are a lot tougher than Boone last season(Asheville, Gville, Acloa). EHS returns almost all of their starters. Having made it to State semi finals the past 2 years = big confidence boost. EHS also is probably going through the best years and quality that they have ever had. Game will be close due to week 0 jitters but all bias aside, EHS has the tools to beat Boone. It might seem like I am bias but honestly I'm not. I actually picked EHS to lose about 6-8 games last season and was surprised when they stepped it up and made it as far as they did.

Edited by EHSTrack06

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The series will have an effect mentally in this game! I don't think Boone wants to get beat by EHS and continue with a horrible losing record to EHS and I'm sure EHS doesn't want to be the team that loses to Boone at the start of this new series(I hope :D)

Also getting beat by Alcoa and winning a game in our conference are 2 totally different results. Alcoa is probably P4P one of the best if not the best team in the state..losing a tough game to Alcoa should prepare us for anything any other school has to offer. Its like lifting weights. You start out with something heavy and it is tough. But then you move down to something lighter(but still heavy) and it seems easier. That is what I believe the case is here. Not saying Boone is an easy match but compared to Alcoa I think EHS would much rather play Boone as that game is more winnable than playing against Alcoa. Also EHS comes into this prepared to face a bigger school. Last season we played a big Asheville School(Who had a TE committed to U. of Florida), Greeneville(4A state champs), Science Hill, Alcoa. We lost all of them by a lot(except science hill) but EHS came out of those games with a lot of experience. Sometimes losing is better than winning as you can clearly see more of the holes in your game play. I'm starting to ramble now but the tl:dr version is this.

EHS comes into this game having played teams that are a lot tougher than Boone last season(Asheville, Gville, Acloa). EHS returns almost all of their starters. Having made it to State semi finals the past 2 years = big confidence boost. EHS also is probably going through the best years and quality that they have ever had. Game will be close due to week 0 jitters but all bias aside, EHS has the tools to beat Boone. It might seem like I am bias but honestly I'm not. I actually picked EHS to lose about 6-8 games last season and was surprised when they stepped it up and made it as far as they did.

First coach to beat EHS - J. Jenkins

Last team to win in the series - Boone

Both teams have changed dramastically in those times. I will admit I have played the last season card, but you have not been around the new program to know that it isn't about not trying to get beat, it is about going down and wearing out EHS. These teams have scrimmaged each other in the past couple of years and I have seen Boone edge them out most of the time and drill them one year.

There ain't nothing to fear in Cow Town (.....yet perhaps) and these kids don't fear the Betsy. This talk happened two years ago with a little team called DB....and we all know how that ended. History is for us here on the boards, but overall it doesn't mean anything until kickoff. But I will grant you this...it will be a heck of a game.

There is an x-factor that keeps popping up when I think of EHS. They too have nothing to fear. I mean, we got demolished 3 times last season. Each team could have put close to 100 on us if they chose to. After getting beat like that I don't believe EHS feels that they have much to lose when playing larger schools so they will come out swinging as opposed to playing it safe. That's just the way Coach Witten is. EHS has been an aggressive team since he took the book and that has helped us but it also has hurt us a lot as well.

But I agree..I think it will be a wonderful 1st game of the season and a good test to see how we stack up against a larger school earlier in the season and I'm hoping the schools decide to start a new series with Boone like old times. I'm also glad it's a home game because I have no idea how to get to Boone lol

There is an x-factor that keeps popping up when I think of EHS. They too have nothing to fear. I mean, we got demolished 3 times last season. Each team could have put close to 100 on us if they chose to. After getting beat like that I don't believe EHS feels that they have much to lose when playing larger schools so they will come out swinging as opposed to playing it safe. That's just the way Coach Witten is. EHS has been an aggressive team since he took the book and that has helped us but it also has hurt us a lot as well.

But I agree..I think it will be a wonderful 1st game of the season and a good test to see how we stack up against a larger school earlier in the season and I'm hoping the schools decide to start a new series with Boone like old times. I'm also glad it's a home game because I have no idea how to get to Boone lol

Well with the two respective coaches, you know both of these schools will be gunning for one another. Let's pretty much make it simple, whoever shows up to make plays will win the game..and what I mean is one is not dominate and could make mistakes and squeak out a win...the one who shows up will take this game home and then it'll be a see ya next season. Also, don't be judging how good Boone is based on that little Crockett scrimmage that I read about in the Elizabethton Star, things are different on that side of the county.

Don't think Elizabethton QB will out throw his receivers this year, they have added some fast tall wideouts and their OLine had good games against larger Crockett and Volunteer. They return their defense and two good running backs that started as sophomores last year. The have a fullback this year that is the fastest kid in the area and tough to bring down. It will be a good game but Elizabethton has too many weapons. With the pass and the run they will take this one by 2 touchdowns.

Don't think Elizabethton QB will out throw his receivers this year, they have added some fast tall wideouts and their OLine had good games against larger Crockett and Volunteer. They return their defense and two good running backs that started as sophomores last year. The have a fullback this year that is the fastest kid in the area and tough to bring down. It will be a good game but Elizabethton has too many weapons. With the pass and the run they will take this one by 2 touchdowns.

No doubt that Elizabethton has a good football team and a lot of weapons, but you talk as though Boone has nothing. Since you are comparing your team against Crockett and Volunteer you may want to know that Boone outscored these two teams last year 97-18.

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The size of the Olines at Crockett and volunteer are deceiving. They look big but they are slow. Boone doesn't focus on size they focus on strength and speed. The ability to come off the ball and bust somebody in the mouth and move on to put somebody on their butt. Everybody touts the qb and the wide receivers at elizabethon and they are proven and deserve the recognition. Boone had a strong senior class last year so alot of these players that are starters now noone has a clue. I wouldnt put my gaurd down though. Remember 2 years ago? When the mighty DB fell to lil ol Boone.....same kinda situation. JJ has implemented his system and is ready to go. This junior class at Boone has the making to be another special one. How did the scrimmage go against Crockett? We play them tonight in the jamboree.

I cant really say i know much about Betsy, but for Crockett and Boone I do. As for Boone,playing against anyone in this area, they can pull there weight and match up against them. JJ has an awesome program and has proven it through out the years. It seems to me the outcome of the game is how eager the players are and where their hearts are. I have been to many of games, the Boone/South match up has always been a blast,cause pretty much any given night it could be anyones game, it is just who brings the battle axe and ready to win. As for Crockett, Im really not sure what is going on, seems like the interest in football is down or something. Like someone posted earlier they have had some pretty big players that i know could turn the game around for them, but still week end and week out their mistakes kill them. They act and play like they want it but never come up on the winning side. With that being said all i have to say now is Thank God it is "FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE"

I cant really say i know much about Betsy, but for Crockett and Boone I do. As for Boone,playing against anyone in this area, they can pull there weight and match up against them. JJ has an awesome program and has proven it through out the years. It seems to me the outcome of the game is how eager the players are and where their hearts are. I have been to many of games, the Boone/South match up has always been a blast,cause pretty much any given night it could be anyones game, it is just who brings the battle axe and ready to win. As for Crockett, Im really not sure what is going on, seems like the interest in football is down or something. Like someone posted earlier they have had some pretty big players that i know could turn the game around for them, but still week end and week out their mistakes kill them. They act and play like they want it but never come up on the winning side. With that being said all i have to say now is Thank God it is "FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE"

I know this is the Boone Betsy forum but since Crockett was brought up, I've seen young men walking around at the games that should be on the field. They have the horses if they could just get them in the corral.

The size of the Olines at Crockett and volunteer are deceiving. They look big but they are slow. Boone doesn't focus on size they focus on strength and speed. The ability to come off the ball and bust somebody in the mouth and move on to put somebody on their butt. Everybody touts the qb and the wide receivers at elizabethon and they are proven and deserve the recognition. Boone had a strong senior class last year so alot of these players that are starters now noone has a clue. I wouldnt put my gaurd down though. Remember 2 years ago? When the mighty DB fell to lil ol Boone.....same kinda situation. JJ has implemented his system and is ready to go. This junior class at Boone has the making to be another special one. How did the scrimmage go against Crockett? We play them tonight in the jamboree.

If you are talking about Crockett vs EHS scrimmage EHS won 42-0..but then again it was a scrimmage and DC was not anything special.

If you are talking about Crockett vs EHS scrimmage EHS won 42-0..but then again it was a scrimmage and DC was not anything special.

That could be cause Crockett didnt play their starters or 2nd string, if they did it would of been 44-0 Crockett. :roflol: