Pearl-Cohn Vs Blackman

FBfan26

While I don't necessarily disagree with your premise. With 150 kids on your roster it ultimately it boils down to the kid and their individual willingness to excel both on the field but in their preparation as well. I guarantee you nobody on our football team out worked our starting tailback. I would say the same for yours. Look at those guys without a shirt and you see how they spend their time. On the other hand look at some of the linemen without a shirt and you will see how they spend their time. Is that on the coach or on the kid. I say it's on the kid! Any coach can only provide the opportunity and instruction, but the kid HAS TO DO THE WORK!: :popcorneater:

Not necessarily so. Coaches like Coach Britton and Coach White taught the kids where they WANTED to lift and compete against each other in the weight room. Coach Wyant brought that to Smyrna for a couple of years and is currently teaching it at Siegel for the first time. This lack of excelling in the weight room and HARD conditioning is part of the reason R'dale no longer dominates in the region as they always outworked other teams in the weight room during the Coach Rankin tenure.

Thusly while Coach Shad is a 'good' coach right now, with more emphasis in the weight room he could be a "GREAT" one with teams that others would fear to play.

Not necessarily so. Coaches like Coach Britton and Coach White taught the kids where they WANTED to lift and compete against each other in the weight room. Coach Wyant brought that to Smyrna for a couple of years and is currently teaching it at Siegel for the first time. This lack of excelling in the weight room and HARD conditioning is part of the reason R'dale no longer dominates in the region as they always outworked other teams in the weight room during the Coach Rankin tenure.

Thusly while Coach Shad is a 'good' coach right now, with more emphasis in the weight room he could be a "GREAT" one with teams that others would fear to play.

I just refuse to believe that a 16, 17 kid having boobs and can't run 100 yards without passing out is the coaches fault. The weight room is open, the track is open, trainers are available and yet kids have boobs and come to camp out of shape. The bottom line is kids will do what is important to them. The Riverdale teams of old are proof that if means enough to you results are all your willing to accept. A lot of Kids today lack any sense of urgency. They think because it was done before that all they have to do is show up. Mathers and Davenport are perfect examples that if your willing to work your arse off your will get the results and magically folk want you to be part of their program. So much so they will pay you to come to their school and be part of their football team. :popcorneater:

Like I said maybe coach could do more, make more demands, move in with them. But he does not live with the kids he's their football coach. You have raised some great kids did they become great kids because of someone elses demands, yours or theirs. There is only so much you can do, it stops with the one they will eventually shave.

Edited by mykidsdad

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Now this game can be talked about. I don't know anything about Pearl-Cohn other than they beat Cane Ridge 23-0 I believe and they are really athletic evidently. Blackman has a lot of work to do to get ready for this game. The passing game has to improve to take pressure off the running game. The Oline has to be able to pass block better to give Strickland time to throw when we pass. If we can not keep pressure off of strickland, then maybe we should think about Smotherman at QB just because he moves better. Just a thought. Strickland is a good qb when given time in my opinion but he was not very good against Independance. Our defense played well for 3 quarters but needs to put a full 4 quarters together this Friday night.

GO BLAZE!!!

OK. Now this game can be talked about. I don't know anything about Pearl-Cohn other than they beat Cane Ridge 23-0 I believe and they are really athletic evidently. Blackman has a lot of work to do to get ready for this game. The passing game has to improve to take pressure off the running game. The Oline has to be able to pass block better to give Strickland time to throw when we pass. If we can not keep pressure off of strickland, then maybe we should think about Smotherman at QB just because he moves better. Just a thought. Strickland is a good qb when given time in my opinion but he was not very good against Independance. Our defense played well for 3 quarters but needs to put a full 4 quarters together this Friday night.

GO BLAZE!!!

Indy scrimmaged cane ridge and handled them quite easily. I went to this scrimmage and cane ridge has 1 player to worry about, it's the big fullback. They couldn't move the ball on the Indy defense and Indy put up 20 or so points on them in a half. If pearl Cohn could only muster 23 points for an entire game , you all will be fine. My prediction is Blackman will beat pearl Cohn 35-7!

Indy scrimmaged cane ridge and handled them quite easily. I went to this scrimmage and cane ridge has 1 player to worry about, it's the big fullback. They couldn't move the ball on the Indy defense and Indy put up 20 or so points on them in a half. If pearl Cohn could only muster 23 points for an entire game , you all will be fine. My prediction is Blackman will beat pearl Cohn 35-7!

The most some has put up on pc D in the past 3 years is 28 points and that was Goodpasture so i really dont think blackman can do it....But i can say it going to be a very good game..PC lost alot of guys last year so they have alot of 10th and 11th graders on D But The look very good AND FAST...3a Vs 5a LETS GO....

The most some has put up on pc D in the past 3 years is 28 points and that was Goodpasture so i really dont think blackman can do it....But i can say it going to be a very good game..PC lost alot of guys last year so they have alot of 10th and 11th graders on D But The look very good AND FAST...3a Vs 5a LETS GO....

I don't know for sure, but have you guys played a back as good as mathers #4? My guess is know, wait and see , this kid is really good. Not too mention they have a lot of other weapons as well. You have to tackle well against blackman.

Indy handled cane ridge 3 weeks ago in a half, 21-0. pearl cohn only put up 23 i think in a whole game. blackman wins this one.

Pearl ran the ball all night maybe threw the ball 5 times so the clock was running...So wit DAT said don't know anything about blackman but we herd they have a good running back so we'll see Fri what happens...but pearl wins by 7.

Pearl will beat Indy by 4 Tds easy... So if Blackman comes into this game thinking oh Pearl only beat Cane Ridge by 23 it will be a long night 4 y'all.